What type of iced tea???

Can Brit

Hi! I am from Canada and our Iced Tea is always sweetened. When i travel in the U.S.A it is often unsweetened. Can someone please tell me what the Iced Tea on the Miracle is?? Also if it is regular sweetened Iced Tea do they also offer a diet version?? ( I am diabetic so I can't drink a lot of sweetened Iced Tea or Lemonade.) I will have to buy a soda card for diet drinks if none are offered free. Would just like to know in advance! Thanks!!

I drink alot of "fresh brewed, unsweetened" iced tea and I have no idea

what brand or if it was real or premade but I did not like that tea at all.

Not really a lemonade drinker - it was ok. it was def. sweetened.

My hubby and kids drank the iced tea and lemonade but

I ended up getting a soda card for the Diet Coke;)

Lemonaide is definetely sweetened with sugar so avoid that.

Iced tea is just brewed tea and everyone puts in what kind of sugar they want. Its so so.

You are being a lot nicer than I would Firefly...calling the ice tea so so. Even tho I still drink it, I think its very poor. Everything else on the boat involving food and drink is good...or very good...but the tea is not, at least in my opinion. On our next cruise I am gonna do as some has suggested on here and add lemonade packets to it.

From one Ontarioan to another, the iced tea is terrible. But not sure if it is specifically Carnival's iced tea or the fact that it is unsweetened. I learned from a very nice man from the US that regular sugar does not dissolve in the iced tea and he said to use artificial sweetener. Better but still yucky. We mixed the iced tea with lemonade for a Carnival version of an Arnold Palmer and it was tolerable. I'm not a pop drinker and I liked the lemonade (found it to be pretty sour and I like it that way) but the kids got pop cards (sorry, soda cards) and DH drank beer. Enjoy your cruise!

you can bring crystal lite single serve packets to be safe. or brew fresh hot tea & put it over ice, then you know it's fresh and sugar free. they have plenty of splenda/sweet n lo on board.

Do they have hot water & teabags to do this yourself?

I will probably take some flavored "cold brew" tea (so far I've only tried the peach); one teabag isn't strong enough, two provides great flavor (but so far I haven't found a no caffiene version).

Splenda mixes into cold drinks pretty well and it tastes the most like regular sugar. Does anyone know if they have Splenda on Carnival ships?

If lemonade is on the sour side, I actually add salt to it to sweeten it....odd but it works (I have no health issues with salt, rarely salt "regular" food, just fruit :D ).

Hi! I am from Canada and our Iced Tea is always sweetened. When i travel in the U.S.A it is often unsweetened. Can someone please tell me what the Iced Tea on the Miracle is?? Also if it is regular sweetened Iced Tea do they also offer a diet version?? ( I am diabetic so I can't drink a lot of sweetened Iced Tea or Lemonade.) I will have to buy a soda card for diet drinks if none are offered free. Would just like to know in advance! Thanks!!

I'm a southern girl and was raised on good ole home town sweet tea, but the tea we were served on our last 3 cruises was AWFUL! :eek: :( We have learned to either bring soda's, buy a soda card or drink bottled water.:)

But not sure if it is specifically Carnival's iced tea or the fact that it is unsweetened.

It's Carnival's iced tea. Someone on these boards says it tastes so strange because of the ship water--I dunno. Splenda improves it slightly. It helped me to not think of it as "tea"--more like "liquid that has some flavor, when you get tired of water." I'm too cheap to pay for the soda card.

the tea from the MDR seems to be brewed where the dispensers offer something no southerner can call tea....neither are very good. we also can taste the difference between orange juice and the tang the serve.....Publix has a very good sweet and unsweet tea here you might want to carry on instead of soda......

Cruise Ship Sweetened Iced Tea Recipe

Into a Mug add in order--

Sweetener- as many and whatever kind you want. If you are truly adventurous use several different kinds.

Hot Water - carefully stir until sweetener is dissolved

2 Tea Bags- whatever flavor you want mix and match

Brew till stronger than you think it should be

Fill a Cold Cup full with ice

Carefully pour Hot Sweetened Tea into Cold Cup

Enjoy!

I am a big tea drinker and use Splenda, Yes they have splenda on Carnival (or at least they did).

Try the Twinings Cold Brew Teas, (and I have tried lots of cold brew teas, some were good and some were only OK) they are very good cold brew teas that come in single serving bags. Take a pack of 20 onboard and that should serve to get over the bulk of the tea issues.

Cruise Ship Sweetened Iced Tea Recipe

Into a Mug add in order--

Sweetener- as many and whatever kind you want. If you are truly adventurous use several different kinds.

Hot Water - carefully stir until sweetener is dissolved

2 Tea Bags- whatever flavor you want mix and match

Brew till stronger than you think it should be

Fill a Cold Cup full with ice

Carefully pour Hot Sweetened Tea into Cold Cup

Enjoy!

That's the best method on the fly :) In fact, that's how I make it at home, too, except I use a stock pot and make a gallon at a time :)

Lemonaide is definetely sweetened with sugar so avoid that.

Iced tea is just brewed tea and everyone puts in what kind of sugar they want. Its so so.

.....but they use those premade cannisters to load the machines with. It's don't think it's true fresh brewed iced tea.

wasiii

I am a "tea snob"!! Ahhaa ..... I drink a lot of iced tea, the tea on the ships is a "pre-made" tea that comes in a carton,(blah) Ive seen the wait staff pouring it into the dispenser machines. I brew my own! I bring a large water bottle with me, fill 1/2 way with hot water (from coffee machine) and float a few Lipton tea bags, then I add ice....... FRESH brewed tea!!

From one Ontarioan to another, the iced tea is terrible. But not sure if it is specifically Carnival's iced tea or the fact that it is unsweetened. I learned from a very nice man from the US that regular sugar does not dissolve in the iced tea and he said to use artificial sweetener. Better but still yucky. We mixed the iced tea with lemonade for a Carnival version of an Arnold Palmer and it was tolerable. I'm not a pop drinker and I liked the lemonade (found it to be pretty sour and I like it that way) but the kids got pop cards (sorry, soda cards) and DH drank beer. Enjoy your cruise!

I agree - my god daughter loves ice tea but could not drink the stuff on board. Every night at dinner she'd get a can of Nestea (and pay for it), because it tasted "like home".

You are being a lot nicer than I would Firefly...calling the ice tea so so. Even tho I still drink it, I think its very poor. Everything else on the boat involving food and drink is good...or very good...but the tea is not, at least in my opinion. On our next cruise I am gonna do as some has suggested on here and add lemonade packets to it.

You don't need to add lemonade "packets", just use the lemonade on the ship....we do it all the time 1/2 iced tea, 1/2 lemonade.....it is a passable "Arnold Palmer".

Archived