Lobster Dinner

I'm getting ready for our upcoming 9 night on the Enchantment of the Seas. Does anyone know if they have been serving Lobster? Last cruise was in 2009 for NYE on Monarch and they did not serve Lobster.

Lobster is served on 7 nights and longer cruises only now. It has been this way for several years now. The ones served now are the small tails. The 150 Park servered Main Lobster tail when I was on Oasis but it cost $35.00/person, It is now I believe $40.00/person.

I am notsure which it is in Chops.

I'm not a lobster eater but my wife loves them

They are definitely much smaller compared to 7 years ago when we went on our first cruise on the Rhapsody outside of Galveston.

Went on the Voyager out of Galveston this past December and her's was small.

The shrimp are small in size also

So on 14 night or longer would there be two nights with Lobster?

For ships with Portofino (still) the seafood skewer has a small Lobster tail on it (plus shrimp, scallops and salmon). But, alas, it is not the the Giovani's Table menu so seems to be doomed.

We ended up in Chops on lobster night; it was our anniversary. I was disappointed that lobster was not anywhere on the menu for Chops - even on lobster night. I pretty much begged for the lobster and they ended up giving it to us (to make surf and turf). Only I asked for it since DH hates seafood - and they put it on his plate too - he wasn't too happy about that, but we couldn't exactly complain since they did us a favor, although they did play it up and act as if it was such an inconvenience to get some. I'm pretty sure I could have ordered it from room service so I didn't understand why it was such a big deal. I would say it was on the smaller side and part of the reason it looked small was because it wasn't cooked flat and almost made a complete circle it had curled so much.

But -- the shrimp in Chops is GINORMOUS!

IMG_0690.jpg

We will sail on Serenade in 12 days and I believe our lobster night is the 2nd formal night. From what I have heard the tails are very small but the wait staff will bring out as many as you manage to eat! I told my hubby to be prepared to be at dinner a while that night! He is excited for the steak.

I've never ate any kind of lobster dish in my life but I'm not a big seafood person. My wife loves lobster though

I love chilled boiled shrimp with a cocktail sauce, shrimp fried in a cornmeal batter and catfish in a cornmeal batter.

Exactly. If you want better lobster than RCCL go to to the local store and buy the frozen ones and do it yourself.

Y frozen???? get a live Maine lobster and do it the right way:D

Not served on:

Majesty

Monarch

Any cruise "over there" ;)

Other possibilities change all the time.

On the six night Navigator over NYE 2010, there was no lobster in the MDR, but there was a HUGE platter of them in the Windjammer!

I usually order a steak or chicken on the night they serve lobster. Its nothing special, and usually overcooked. A whole Maine Lobster, or better yet, a clam bake, lobster or crab boil!!! That's good eatin!!!!

The fisherman's plate, which includes a lobster tail, was offered on the five-night Explorer cruise last week. Without our asking, the waiter brought out two plates for each of my kids.

Regarding lobster on Medd cruises; when we were on the Brilliance last Dec., we ask our waiter why we were not getting lobster. He said the lobsters that are served on cruise ships are farm raised and that European counties would not allow them to be imported. Instead, we were served large prawns that were quite good.

Thanks all. I agree that the Maine Lobsters are the way to go. However, there is something to be said about having Lobster on the cruise even if it is small. :D I hope that it is not tough and rubbery. :eek:

I hope you all have a cruise coming up soon and enjoy.:)

Archived