Deposit Queston?

DFD1

I just booked 5 staterooms on Eurodam, 7 days, January 7, 2012 and the deposit was $350.00 per person. This seemed high to both me and the booking agent.

Anyone here have a clue about this increased deposit amount? Is this the new norm?

Thanks, DFD

DFD with 5 cabins you can book a small group and get GAP points.

Did you do that?

So Ok please help me get this right-

If we place $200 ($100 PP) deposit on a future cruise for a suite, we will recieve $100 SBC, even IF we wait to determine the booking with our TA?

Just want to be sure I understand this right.

Can you book more than one?

Break down of the shipboard credit that you can get by booking or making deposits while cruising:

Shipboard Credit:

7 - 10 days:

Inside - $25 per person

Outside - $25 per person

Verandah (VA/A - VF/BC) - $35 per person

Suite (PS - S/SY) - $50 per person

11+ days:

Inside - $50 per person

Outside - $50 per person

Verandah (VA/A - VF/BC) - $75 per person

Suite (PS - S/SY) - $100 per person

Please Note:

Deposit of $100 per person -- good for 4 years -- no refund of deposit.

This offer applies to the first two passengers in stateroom only, and is not applicable to upper berth passengers. Passengers with single occupancy will receive a single person portion. Ship board credit may only be used on a single voyage and expires at the end of that voyage. This offer or any unused portion is not redeemable for cash and is available to new bookings only.

This offer is not combinable with the World Cruise, Grand Voyages or segments thereof.

Surfergirle; I learn something every day. What are GAP points?

I often book staterooms for friends, but have never attempted to receive anything personally from doing so. Am I missing something?

Thanks, DFD

So Ok please help me get this right-

If we place $200 ($100 PP) deposit on a future cruise for a suite, we will recieve $100 SBC, even IF we wait to determine the booking with our TA?

Just want to be sure I understand this right.

Can you book more than one?

You are correct. And you can book more than one, even if it's an open booking with no itinerary selected.

Awesome! I have to make multiple bookings for others on my upcoming cruise, and our friends prefer to put everything on their credit cards when they buy tickets for the group, then collect money later, and there is some assumptions that we will do the same. I don't want to put thousands on my credit card and collect later. I want them to pay their cancellation insurance to the HAL PCC when contacted. These aren't theatre tickets! Deposit..OK.

Could someone confirm for me if it is possible to book cabins for people not onboard and still have them receive the FCCs? I thought the person had to actually be onboard to qualify for this.

Could someone confirm for me if it is possible to book cabins for people not onboard and still have them receive the FCCs? I thought the person had to actually be onboard to qualify for this.
You are right that you have to be on board (or fill out a form available on board if there is no Future Cruise Consultant on that sailing.) You cannot book for persons not physically on board.

You are right that you have to be on board (or fill out a form available on board if there is no Future Cruise Consultant on that sailing.) You cannot book for persons not physically on board.

Thank you, it was on a different line but I thought I remembered not being able to do this for our children.

Sorry, that's not true. If it was once that way, it's not any longer. For the Nieuw Amsterdam we booked my DBiL and DSiL, who were not only not on board but had never cruised before on any line. They got the OBCs too.

We DID have to give the DOBs for both and an email address for them, however. And of course home address and phone number.

Jim, I have done a FCC for someone not on board. Actually, I've done this twice.

Sorry, that's not true. If it was once that way, it's not any longer. For the Nieuw Amsterdam we booked my DBiL and DSiL, who were not only not on board but had never cruised before on any line. They got the OBCs too.
I stand corrected. I did not know it had changed. Learned something new today!

Princess will not allow you to place a future cruise deposit for someone who is not currently cruising on on that ship. I've done several FCD's for DH on HAL when he wasn't on the cruise.

However, the Princess deposit is refundable if not used - HAL's is not.

Archived