Parm Bowl???

cw2go

I see so many pic's and comments on the Parmesean Cheese bowl filled with Alfredo but need to know is this an item on the regular dining room menu or in a specialty restaurant?

Thanks in advance,

Patty

It's available every night in the main dining rooms!!!:D You can also order it as a starter/appetizer size, complete with smaller version of the cheese bowl... one of my faves!!:p

I've ordered it many times as an appetizer, but have never gotten the parmesan bowl. Maybe it depends on the ship. I'll have to try ordering it as an entree some day and see if I get it.

I've ordered it many times as an appetizer, but have never gotten the parmesan bowl. Maybe it depends on the ship. I'll have to try ordering it as an entree some day and see if I get it.

I too have never gotten the bowl when ordered as an appetizer.

Always have the appetizer portion and definitely have not received the parmesan bowl. However, my son orders the entree with grilled chicken (usually every night) and he has always gotten the bowl.

By the way, you can easily make the bowls at home. Presentation is a showstopper.

Thanks all and yes I have made them, my friend is wanting to have one while on board. She is not a CC member so I asked for her.

Again thank you, I will make sure to let her know get it as an entree...

Each time my starter was served in the parm bowl... now maybe that's because the first time I asked him I said something like "I love that fetuncinne alfredo in the cheese bowl, but can I get the same thing in a starter size?" And I got the bowl too!! :D Then I got the exact same thing again on a few other nights - I think I had it 5 or 6 evenings out of the 14 nights on our last cruise.

I never realized the cheese bowl wasn't a part of it... but it makes the dish for me! :)

Not that I'm ever going to eat it, but can someone please post a photo of what you're talking about. Parm bowl? :confused: I realize it's fettucini alfredo in some kind of vessel. Thanks.

Don't have a picture but heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese into the pan. Allow the cheese to harden and slightly melt together. Remove from heat. As the Parmesan begins to cool slightly, loosen the edges with a spatula and drape the cheese over a cup so that it will harden into a bowl shape. Allow the Parmesan bowl to cool. Once the cheese has hardened, do not place anything hot in the bowls or they will melt. You can also do this in the oven.

Not that I'm ever going to eat it, but can someone please post a photo of what you're talking about. Parm bowl? :confused: I realize it's fettucini alfredo in some kind of vessel. Thanks.

It is in this thread second page...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1368077&page=2

from CC Foodie section

I make them... all you do is place shredded parm cheese on silpat mat and bake them a few minutes till melted. As soon as you removed them from the oven carefully with a spatula place it over a small ramekin and they will harden in the bowl shape as the cool. Very delish but be sure to use Shredded good quality Parmesean Cheese. they also serve these on Celebrity. My son loves them, so I make them for his B-day dinner with a heaping portion of Afredo.

Enjoy,

Patty

The parmesan bowl is to die for!

All you have to do is ask for it for your appetizer. Usually the fettucine is served in a regular bowl for appetizer and the parm bowl for the dinner entree.

Don't have a picture but heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese into the pan. Allow the cheese to harden and slightly melt together. Remove from heat. As the Parmesan begins to cool slightly, loosen the edges with a spatula and drape the cheese over a cup so that it will harden into a bowl shape. Allow the Parmesan bowl to cool. Once the cheese has hardened, do not place anything hot in the bowls or they will melt. You can also do this in the oven.

Oops we crossed, either way we made the same point. lol!

Pia, I know you have seen this as it is one of Ken's favorite meals. He orders it with either shrimp or chicken added with the alfredo. For the parmesan bowl (how DD does it) picture grated parmesan cheese melted in a skillet, then lifted out (it melts into a holey looking pancake shape) and draped over the bottom of a bowl or glass to form a bowl shape as it hardens. I don't think Princess chefs actually form it like that as theirs isn't really a good bowl shape. To me it is more like a circular shaped crust.

Pia, I know you have seen this as it is one of Ken's favorite meals. He orders it with either shrimp or chicken added with the alfredo. For the parmesan bowl (how DD does it) picture grated parmesan cheese melted in a skillet, then lifted out (it melts into a holey looking pancake shape) and draped over the bottom of a bowl or glass to form a bowl shape as it hardens. I don't think Princess chefs actually form it like that as theirs isn't really a good bowl shape. To me it is more like a circular shaped crust.

Uh uh Tina. Never have. We haven't cruised with you for a while and the last one (Emerald) he never had anything like that.

Uh uh Tina. Never have. We haven't cruised with you for a while and the last one (Emerald) he never had anything like that.

Yes you have. Ken's been doing this since our 2nd cruise when one of our tablemates ordered it every night and he discovered how good it is. I'll make sure he orders it plenty of times on the Diamond - just for you. I even turn my brain off to the number of calories in it and order it at least once.

Yes you have. Ken's been doing this since our 2nd cruise when one of our tablemates ordered it every night and he discovered how good it is. I'll make sure he orders it plenty of times on the Diamond - just for you. I even turn my brain off to the number of calories in it and order it at least once.

Tina, if Mike had ever seen it he'd be ordering it too. Somehow this has evaded us completely.

Tina, if Mike had ever seen it he'd be ordering it too. Somehow this has evaded us completely.

Mike is going to be in for a treat on the Ocean Princess:D. Just make sure he gets the large size so he will have the Parm bowl. First time I asked for it with chicken thought I'd just get a piece of chicken on the side. No - they cut it up for me in nice little slices on the top.

Mike is going to be in for a treat on the Ocean Princess:D. Just make sure he gets the large size so he will have the Parm bowl. First time I asked for it with chicken thought I'd just get a piece of chicken on the side. No - they cut it up for me in nice little slices on the top.

OK. Just told him and he's already salivating. ;)

Archived