LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

We were very lucky, and our power was restored about a half hour ago. All in all, we heard that 800,000 households in Maryland were without power since the storm started, and it will be days before everyone is restored.

Boy, the little things in life that we take for granted! Hope everyone is doing well.....

Karen, glad to hear your power got restored and that everyone is okay.

Darlene, hope your power gets restored soon and glad that you are you okay. Good thoughts on your surgery tomorrow, my brother is having his gallbladder out on Thursday.

Congratulations to the Huntington Beach Little League Team, what an accomplishment.

Hi everyone....reporting in after the storm and unfortunately we are without power, and are hearing it will be up to 5 days before everyone is restored. I'm hoping we'll have ours' back soon, but we'll deal with whatever we have to. We're with friends now, and will probably be back and forth until we can be home permanently.

We had no damage to the house, the new roof kept the water out, and there are trees down all over, but fortunately nothing right near our home. A few homes down didn't fare quite as well.

Hope everyone is OK and I'll check back later.

So glad you are OK - what a worrying time it must have been for you. Thank goodness for the new roof! You must be so relieved the worst is over........

We have been following it on TV - I shall never complain about our weather again!! :)

Glad all are safe

Heading to do a final clear and clean of my late mothers home :( the Sale goes through on 1st Sept so another chapter in my life closes.

Peter you an I are a different type of Gay Man :D I would love a hotel full of men in Footie Gear

Glad all are safe

Heading to do a final clear and clean of my late mothers home :( the Sale goes through on 1st Sept so another chapter in my life closes.

Peter you an I are a different type of Gay Man :D I would love a hotel full of men in Footie Gear

Hi George, obviously a different type of gay man as having seen the state of most of the football supporters, rather you than me! Now if it were actual players from a premier league football team in footie kit, then that's another matter, just like the time I was staying in a hotel in Lisbon together with the national team, now you're talking!

Hi Karen, glad you have someone to stay with I spoke with my friend Joanne who lives near you yesterday and at that time they were okay...she is still hoping you will call and get together...

CORINNE people on CC are our extended family [ well not all LOL] we have had some stay with us and us stay with them so I agree with JILL WE ARE FAMILY !!

PETE looking forward to photos sound like you are having a good time.

Sherry.....It was so crazy yesterday.....Joanne lives only blocks from us and each community fared differently regarding electricity outages. Trees were down on the main road that separates Joanne neighborhood from mine, and our side of the street was affected and I think hers' was spared. Honestly, I haven't forgotten about her--I have every intention of hooking up with her, but this spring/summer has been wild crazy for me, especially spending so much time at DD's home with new baby.

Barb....I hope your brother's surgery goes well, and he has a very speedy recovery.

Thanks everyone for the shout outs! We considered ourselves very lucky that our situation during the storm was just an electric outage, especially since other folks didn't fare as well. What a crazy week THAT was.....:eek:

Morning,

Darlene good luck with your surgery.

Karen great news on getting your power restored!

George good luck with the cleaning of the house. HOPE its not to hard for you.

U all have a good week-end...........

Thanks everyone for all of the info on Manchester hotels. I'm putting it all in a word document and sending it off to DD. They will be there while we are on the cruise.

Karen, glad your life is back to more normal. The flicker of the lights coming back on is on of lifes joys.

Darlene, hope your feeling better soon.

George, hope there wasn't much stress in the clean out.Been there and know iota not easy.

Hi all...

Looking forward to this crossing, we're a party of 30 (I think) celebrating my 40th... We won't be too loud, honest - look forward to those diamond lounge evenings...

There is a Facebook public event page under liberty of the seas, to see who is attending too (no adverts of course)

See you all soon

Ade & Anita

Just hopping in to make sure everyone is okay. Karen, glad you got the electricity restored.

Darlene, hope the surgery went well and the horrible GB pains will not be there any longer. had mine out when i was 26. OMG that's forever ago, but best thing i ever did. Once it was done I could eat chocolate ice cream again.

George, hope finishing cleaning the house wasn't to stressful for you. Good things are ahead for you. i toadally know this to be true. Trust this fluffy old toad.

Take care all, your cruise is almost here ! Yippee Skippee for you all

Just hopping in to make sure everyone is okay. Karen, glad you got the electricity restored.

Darlene, hope the surgery went well and the horrible GB pains will not be there any longer. had mine out when i was 26. OMG that's forever ago, but best thing i ever did. Once it was done I could eat chocolate ice cream again.

George, hope finishing cleaning the house wasn't to stressful for you. Good things are ahead for you. i toadally know this to be true. Trust this fluffy old toad.

Take care all, your cruise is almost here ! Yippee Skippee for you all

Hi Beej! Hope you fared OK up in Massachusetts with the storm. Hope all is well with you.

ADE and ANITA....Welcome to our group!! And an early happy birthday!! There is also a large roll call for our sailing on the main RCCL roll call, and you should drop by there and introduce yourselves. There's a ton of information available that may be of interest to you. BTW, we are Karen & David from Maryland, and we look forward to meeting you!

Edited by KeywestK

GEORGE my thoughts are with you I went through the same thing for my mother and I know it is hard.

DARLENE hope everything went well with your surgery hope to hear from you soon.

ADE and ANITA the noiser the better we are a loud fun group.

Went to a couple of stores today TJ MAXX and HOME GOODS and believe it or not didn't buy a thing and was glad to get back in my nice cool house... to hot to just be wandering around.

Hi everyone,

It's my typical late night blooging....Just catching up from the weekend.

Karen and David, So glad you made it thru Irene....My Bill's company is based in Baltimore but all of the Production plants are in the Philly area. He talked to alot of his friends today and like you...most came out unscathed...some basement flooding but that was about it.

BTW....I belated B-Day to David...I think I read it was last week......I hope!

George, Hope everything went well with your cleaning out of your mom's house. I lost my Mom almost 4 years ago so know what you have to deal with.

Loving Peter's Pictures on FB...So cool just to hop over to Ireland.

Darlene, Once your back on the boards...Hope everything went well with the surgery.

To everyone else....hope all is well and we are looking forward to next weekend, Our labor day weeeknd....3 days...yeah!

Thanks to everyone that friended me on Facebook....always fun to see people posting on other things then Cruising.

We just signed up for the Meet and Mingle and did the Set Sail.....finally.

So...we are Official.

Talked to everybody later!

Mike

Hi all...

Looking forward to this crossing, we're a party of 30 (I think) celebrating my 40th... We won't be too loud, honest - look forward to those diamond lounge evenings...

There is a Facebook public event page under liberty of the seas, to see who is attending too (no adverts of course)

See you all soon

Ade & Anita

Weclome Aboard Ade & Anita from fellow Brits. We're Peter & Patrick from Manchester and this is our first TA altough it will our 2nd time on Liberty this year having sailed on her in May.

Hello all, well only 60 days to go! Whoo hoo!

Beej - so good to hear from you, hope all is well with you.

Sherry - can't believe you went shopping and came back empty handed!:D

Darlene - best wishes for today and glad to hear the damage suffered at the hands of Irene was not so bad, it could have been much worse.

Mike - yes, it's great to know that Ireland isn't too far and to be honest now we tried the ferry we're set for December when we'll take the car too to join our friends at their 2nd home in West Cork.

OK, so seeing Patrick and I missed the weekend Gay Pride festivities in Manchester, I've been catching up with some of the You Tube videos of the event and wanted to share this with you, taken by a friend of mine and featuring another friend of mine who is the owner of the bar in question.

Now, the reason for this preamble is that it is not for the easily offended as it includes several religious references.

Enjoy

Hi all...

See you all soon

Ade & Anita

Not sure if I've found this event, does it have a specific name and date/time?

Not sure if I've found this event, does it have a specific name and date/time?

Peter - search for "Liberty Of The Seas - Transatlantic Cruise Oct 2011"

Should find it there - getting excited now !!

As for your first TA - you're going to love it, be our 4th

Edited by Staffy

Hi everyone,

It's my typical late night blooging....Just catching up from the weekend.

Karen and David, So glad you made it thru Irene....My Bill's company is based in Baltimore but all of the Production plants are in the Philly area. He talked to alot of his friends today and like you...most came out unscathed...some basement flooding but that was about it.

BTW....I belated B-Day to David...I think I read it was last week......I hope!

George, Hope everything went well with your cleaning out of your mom's house. I lost my Mom almost 4 years ago so know what you have to deal with.

Loving Peter's Pictures on FB...So cool just to hop over to Ireland.

Darlene, Once your back on the boards...Hope everything went well with the surgery.

To everyone else....hope all is well and we are looking forward to next weekend, Our labor day weeeknd....3 days...yeah!

Thanks to everyone that friended me on Facebook....always fun to see people posting on other things then Cruising.

We just signed up for the Meet and Mingle and did the Set Sail.....finally.

So...we are Official.

Talked to everybody later!

Mike

Hi Mike.....Yep, David's birthday was last Friday, and we'll be celebrating this coming Sunday with our whole family at DD's home. Should be fun with all the grandkids. OK, so with all the skimming I've done lately, I must have missed the FB hook-up. Please feel free to friend me -- Karen Taylor Henelde. I also enjoy posting with all our cruising friends....:D That goes for everyone, BTW.....;)

Peter....The video was very entertaining! Looked like fun.

A gorgeous sunny day here in Maryland, nice temps (sorry you guys in the steamy southwest), and low humidity......ahhhhh.......wish we could bottle this for February.......sigh.......

Hi Mike.....Yep, David's birthday was last Friday, and we'll be celebrating this coming Sunday with our whole family at DD's home. Should be fun with all the grandkids. OK, so with all the skimming I've done lately, I must have missed the FB hook-up. Please feel free to friend me -- Karen Taylor Henelde. I also enjoy posting with all our cruising friends....:D That goes for everyone, BTW.....;)

Peter....The video was very entertaining! Looked like fun.

A gorgeous sunny day here in Maryland, nice temps (sorry you guys in the steamy southwest), and low humidity......ahhhhh.......wish we could bottle this for February.......sigh.......

Belated birthday greetings to David - have a great time celebrating......

Glad your weather has improved - send some this way please! :)