Giovannis table lunch vs Giovannis table dinner

I know the luncheon menu is different than the dinner menu. I've done dinner in the past and was quite pleased but wondering how I would feel about lunch. Has anyone done both ? and the differences between the two menus ?

Thinking of doing the lunch embarkation day in Giovanni's so as to avoid the mob scene everywhere else. That said, would a Giovanni's dinner later in the week just be a repeat performance more of less of what was enjoyed at lunch ?

Input is appreciated.

Worldspan

129 cruises strong

I have not done a giovanni's dinner but have had lunch on both the Oasis and Radiance.

We LOVE our Giovanni's lunch, we take at least two hours, order way more food than we can eat, but seem to eat most of it anyway, and drink copious amounts of wine. We do it on a sea day, and to us it is just perfect.

Its a meal we would never have at home and it just feels so civilized to sit eat and enjoy.

I would definitely be able to eat a lunch one day and dinner later in the cruise, but it would have to be a few days a part. There is enough selection and difference between the two menus. For example I am dying to try the ravioli but its not served at lunch.

I don't recall seeing them serving lunch on embarkation day? I remember people walking thru on that day just checking out the various venues. I could be wrong, but I know not all the dining venues are open initially when you first board the ship. Try tapas at Vintages too!

They offer lasagna at lunch and not at dinner. It was very good by the way. They also offer a cheaper cut of steak. It's not the filet. No Osso Bucco or the Fontina souffle. There is not a huge difference in the menu. Plenty of good things to eat at both lunch and dinner.:)

I could not sit here and tell you what is on both the lunch and dinner menus, but I have been nothing but very satisfied with meals during both times. Giovanni's is my favorite RCI restaurant. Make sure you try the tiramisu. :)

We did a family dinner on Oasis at Giovanni's and had a wonderful time. Great place to go with the family. We were on a B2B and as a perk we were given a free lunch in Giovanni's on turnover day. I don't think that lunch was available to people boarding. Lunch was also very nice. I would do both. If I had to pick one I would choose dinner.

For those of you who have done Giovanni's for dinner - can you order a pasta course and an entree or does the pasta count as an entree?

I am having a really hard time deciding between the pappardelle (heard it was fantastic) and the ossobuco :o (I'll be dining solo, so that makes things more interesting ... it is apparent with all their "per due" that they favor groups)

We did Giovanni's for lunch and it was, by far, the best specialty meal we had all week long. We went to Chop's, Samba Grill, Rita's, and Vintages and none came close to the food, service, and ambiance of Giovanni's

For those of you who have done Giovanni's for dinner - can you order a pasta course and an entree or does the pasta count as an entree?

I am having a really hard time deciding between the pappardelle (heard it was fantastic) and the ossobuco :o (I'll be dining solo' date=' so that makes things more interesting ... it is apparent with all their "per due" that they favor groups)[/quote']

You can order anything that says per due, it's just enough to feed two. If you don't want that much, just tell them to put less on the plate. It's just a name, it sounds good and Italian, so they call it that. Just tell them you want the "whatever" per due, per uno solo. :)

Gina

Archived