RCI Crystal Blocks

Yeah, I heard they are going to do that on the Nov 12, 2012 Freedom cruise.

Huh??:confused::confused: Are you saying you're on the FR then and doing that too?? (but it would have to be the 11th)

Huh??:confused::confused: Are you saying you're on the FR then and doing that too?? (but it would have to be the 11th)

No, not on that cruise. That's the "lifestyle" cruise. You were talking about swapping. Weak attempt at humor. You are also correct that the date is the 11th.

Bob

Since people have asked about how you get them and whether or not you need to talk to the LA, I thought I would share a funny story. On one of my cruises when I was due to get a block, it got to be late in the cruise and I didn't receive one so we stopped by the LA to ask about it. She said there were a lot of people on this cruise that were getting one, and they ran out. She was very nice and took my name so she could get one sent to me. Well, I didn't receive it, but we were going to be back on the ship soon so I didn't pursue calling about it. When we were back on the ship, we stopped by the LA and when she went to get one for me, she pulled one out that had a note with my name on it!! She was so sweet and we all had a good laugh.

Funny,just yesterday,on another place I post,someone asked about swapping.......so this week,he and I will be swapping crystal blocks..

I will get mine on the Brilliance. Hey!! It's a brilliant crystal block!!! :D

Gives me room to save for the Freedom for next time. ;)

Is this just for US cruisers? We hit 140 credits on our last cruise (in October) and didn't get a block.

Hi Anne, no as Liz says it is not just for US guests. We have one or two now;).,

thankfully they are all of different ships:cool:. A swap shop is a good idea though as we are going to get a duplicate one over the next few months.

We were number 3 on the Oasis and got one of the Diamond shaped blocks with a picture taken with the Captain for the D in December event. The Diamond shaped ones are really nice.

Off topic- we just missed Catherine on Adventure in November but her replacement Julia told us she had gone to Rhapsody and would be be back on Adventure for the TA in April, hope to see her onboard:)

No, not on that cruise. That's the "lifestyle" cruise. You were talking about swapping. Weak attempt at humor. You are also correct that the date is the 11th.

Bob

OH!:eek::eek: Had no idea......so when I get off the FR on 11/11,I just might see some interesting people waiting to board..;)

I will get mine on the Brilliance. Hey!! It's a brilliant crystal block!!! :D

Gives me room to save for the Freedom for next time. ;)

Welcome home..........how was NYEs on our fav little ship??

OH!:eek::eek: Had no idea......so when I get off the FR on 11/11,I just might see some interesting people waiting to board..;)

Welcome home..........how was NYEs on our fav little ship??

It was good, but not our favorite Monarch cruise. Did not seem as welcoming as

usual. Could be due to crew being overworked with the full ship, the extra clean up required (people were very messy New Year's night),

or could be the "newbies" that were on (there were many) that stressed them out too.

Nice to experience a holiday cruise...once...but don't need to pay the extra upcharge

for a holiday cruise again. Not worth it. In the future we will join you for last minute jump aboards during the sale offerings and be much happier! :D

usual. Could be due to crew being overworked with the full ship, the extra clean up required (people were very messy New Year's night) with hours added, or could be the "newbies" that were on (there were many) that stressed them out too.

Nice to experience a holiday cruise...once...but don't need to pay the extra upcharge

for a holiday cruise again. Not worth it. In the future we will join you for last minute jump aboards during the sale offerings and be much happier! :D

Sounds good to me(the part about joining me,NOT the lackluster MN experience)

Sounds good to me(the part about joining me,NOT the lackluster MN experience)

Yup...me too!! :D

I did pick up the next cruise certificate I needed....I was fresh out :eek:.

Will be booking Freedom cruise for next December...NOT the holiday cruise. ;)

Kudos to cruise critics and it's wonderful informed people that post here. I had never heard of the chrystal blocks until I read this thread today. I called RCI and they will send me mine. Thanks to the one that started this thread and all the others that had great information.

usual. Could be due to crew being overworked with the full ship, the extra clean up required (people were very messy New Year's night),

or could be the "newbies" that were on (there were many) that stressed them out too.

We will be on board in a fortnight so hope they have settled down and back to their great selves again. Miss you guys.

Also, we missed getting our cube on our Jewel sailing Nov 12th. Have requested it by email.

Off topic- we just missed Catherine on Adventure in November but her replacement Julia told us she had gone to Rhapsody and would be be back on Adventure for the TA in April, hope to see her onboard:)

Hi Heather - thanks for the answer and Happy New Year to you and John :)

Yes, she went to spend a month on Rhapsody with Anna Bass, who is CD on there and is a good friend of Kat's as they met on Adventure. I talk to her on Facebook from time to time and she's still loving life.

Happy sailings in 2012 - no doubt you'll have more days at sea than on land ;):D

I don't believe that the LA's have the D+ pins on board. You have to call the D+ desk and request one be sent to you.

We got a letter with our luggage tag congratulating us on reaching Diamond+ status and it specifically told us to pick our pins up from the LA on the next cruise. Since it is at the end of the month, I figured I would ask, show them the letter, and get the usual "don't have a clue" look. When I get home, I'll call C&A.

I got mine on the Liberty this past November - I was at 139 points before the cruise, so I hit the 140 mark while sailing. I really like it. Looks pretty in my kitchen window!:)

I reached 140 credits in April 2010 before the new changes to the loyalty program went into effect. I pointed that out to the C&A rep I talked to and still got the "you have to have 210 credits" answer.

Figure as long as I am bending the LA's ear over the pins, I'll push that, too. Then I'll start hounding C&A when I get home.

Tucker in Texas

We got a letter with our luggage tag congratulating us on reaching Diamond+ status and it specifically told us to pick our pins up from the LA on the next cruise. Since it is at the end of the month, I figured I would ask, show them the letter, and get the usual "don't have a clue" look. When I get home, I'll call C&A.

Tucker in Texas

I would still call the D+ Desk and ask. 1-800-526-9723 (Press "9" during greeting)

Archived