Sovereign of the Seas Remembered

For any of you who have sailed on the Sovereign of the Seas, there is a great video that was added to You Tube. It was posted in February of this year of the last voyage that the ship made prior to moving it to Europe. This was the first ship that I sailed and watching the video brought back many good memories of why I have remained a Royal Caribbean cruiser. Check it out.

For any of you who have sailed on the Sovereign of the Seas, there is a great video that was added to You Tube. It was posted in February of this year of the last voyage that the ship made prior to moving it to Europe. This was the first ship that I sailed and watching the video brought back many good memories of why I have remained a Royal Caribbean cruiser. Check it out.

you have a link?

This was our first cruise back in '89. The Sovereign really set the bar very high for all the ships that followed. I was in awe when we first boarded and she was so smooth, I never knew we were at sea. I'll check it out on YouTube and enjoy the trip down memory lane. Thank you.

Fran

It was our first cruise also....October '89. I will never forget my first reaction as we turned into the terminal. Something like Holy ***t. I couldn't believe it. The first thing I noticed when we stepped onboard was the carpeting with the Crown & Anchor logo. Left quite an impression on me......I still remember it all these years later. That is what started our love for cruising.....first love is never forgotten

This was our second cruise, back in 1990, I believe, and this is where I fell in LOVE with Cruising!:p It was a wonderful cruise, and our Headwaiter was Antonio, and he was amazing! Our asst. waiter was a lady, but I don't remember her name. We had an "Ocean-View" Cabin and it was great. The food was great and I just couldn't wait to cruise again. I miss her already!

All I have from her on June 11th (from video)

Greets

Knipsel.JPG

Knipsel01.JPG

Knipsel02.JPG

Wow, what amazing pics !!

Such a pretty ship -- i love the lines of the Sovereign class. They're the oldest, but certainly the prettiest externally of all the RCI owned ships (IMO!)

I have happy memories of sailing on the Sovereign. Went with a group of friends from church in 2002. Among the group was the great guy who later became my husband. It was his first time cruising and, fortunately, he loved it (despite having to share an inside cabin the size of a closet with 2 other guys, right next to the anchor, which they could hear being raised & lowered). He enjoyed the accommodations much more on our honeymoon cruise (on the Adventure of the Seas).;)

Does anyone remember the entertainment they saw back then? We saw The Coasters, The Marvelettes and an old time (fabulous and equally famous) female comedienne whose name escapes me.

On our first cruise in 1989 the headliner was Ben Vareen. We have been entertained by Jerry Van Dyke,Petula Clark,Kay Starr.....might have been "has beens" but they were names we had heard and totally enjoyed all of them.

On our first cruise in 1989 the headliner was Ben Vareen. We have been entertained by Jerry Van Dyke,Petula Clark,Kay Starr.....might have been "has beens" but they were names we had heard and totally enjoyed all of them.

WOW! You've seen some good ones. I miss that they don't do this anymore. Martha Raye was the female comedy headliner that we saw and she was hysterical! I'd enjoy seeing a blast from the past now and again.

Fran

Archived