Allure/Oasis zipline question

DonnaK

I'm packing for our upcoming cruise, and my kids wanted me to clarify if they needed to bring athletic shoes for the zipline.

I thought I read somewhere that shoes were provided.

Shoes are provided for the rock wall. You wear your regular shoes for the zip line. I doubt flip flops are allowed.

They will loan you the same type of shoes they use on the rock wall. No flip-flops, jewelry, swimwear or sunglasses allowed.

OK - this is the info I was looking for. They have lender shoes, so we do not have to pack our own close-toes shoes.

Thank you!

Hmmm....well, I told my kids to leave the bulky shoes at home since there's no room in the luggage. They are packing water-shoes for excursions, so I imagine if there are no loaner shoes for the zipline, they can wear their water shoes.

I was on the Allure in June and they DID have loaner shoes, but you HAD to have your own socks.

My daughter and I both did the zipline and when we got to the front of the line she went first and I waited for her to come back with her socks so I could go and they did have shoes for us. I would post a pick if I knew how.

Sharon

Kentucky

No loaners when we were on. Water shoes should be ok.

Just got off of the Oasis. WATER SHOES are not allowed for the zip line. The man in front of me was turned away because of WATER SHOES. I wore plain, old fashioned tennis shoes - they were accepted.

LOL - yes, that's what we decided to do.

Great! Good luck! Allure of the Seas is an amazing ship! It'll be quite an experience. Be ready for that "Wow!" factor. It will be there from the second you step on the ship, till the last minutes you're on!

I just got off the Oasis this past Sat and I did the zipline with my daughter. We brought along closed toes shoes for the zipline, but when we got there, the person registering us said my closed toes shoes were not good enough. I was wearing a sneak shoes type, so the front of the shoes don't cover the entire top of my foot. He said he's afraid that my shoes were going to come off and hit someone down below, so he gave me a pair of loaner shoes. You definitely have to have socks. If you wear glasses, they will ask you to take them off. As for jewelry, you have to take them off except for stud earrings.

On oasis last year there were no loaner shoes for zip line... not sure if someone else had different experience.

On Allure only saw loaner shoes at the zip line, didn't see any offered, or needed. I pack running shoes anyway for the .43 mile track.

I just got back from a cruise on Allure. I packed my sneakers, but they do have loaner shoes, and the guy in front of me used them. However, you can just wear socks if you want too. No flip flops, and no jewelry, glasses, bags, etc. You also have to tie long hair back. Have fun!!

Hmmm....well, I told my kids to leave the bulky shoes at home since there's no room in the luggage. They are packing water-shoes for excursions, so I imagine if there are no loaner shoes for the zipline, they can wear their water shoes.

Donna, I have to just say that I would never go on a cruise without a pair of sneakers anyway. I like sandals but they just don't cut it with all the walking we do on the islands. And to tell you the truth, there is a lot of walking to be done just being on Oasis / Allure. If you bring a pair of sneakers you will be set for most situations that you encounter.

If your shoes are too bulky to pack, why not wear them on the ship and change them later? That's what we do when we are trying to conserve space in our suitcases. The best shoes to wear are something that ties on your foot securely.

Perhaps you could buy a pair of cheap canvas sneaks at the dollar store. They are usually small and wouldn't take up much space and if they are cheap enough you could leave them behind if you need room for the stuff you buy.

Have fun.

If you wear glasses, they will ask you to take them off.

What?

I am fairly certain that making me take off my glasses would be rather counterproductive... I am more likely to hurt or kill myself (or somebody else) without being able to see everything.

Archived