Suite Perks

sunshine 229

I know this has beeen asked before but I've tried a search and I can't find it and I've tried looking on the NCL site also and it seems to be a deep dark secret so...

does anyone have a list of the extra perks associated with the different levels of suites on NCL? ( I'm interested in the Dawn in particular) or a link to where on the NCL site this info is hidden?

Doe's a Mini Suite (MB) count as a suite for these?

Nope.

As one accused of being a NCL cheerleader, I must say my biggest gripe with them is the label of mini-suite on a deluxe or superior balcony. It is a great flaw that these cabins are listed under the suite section on their website. They have much more in common with BALCONY than SUITE and it is just wrong! Sorry, NCL.

Nope.

As one accused of being a NCL cheerleader, I must say my biggest gripe with them is the label of mini-suite on a deluxe or superior balcony. It is a great flaw that these cabins are listed under the suite section on their website. They have much more in common with BALCONY than SUITE and it is just wrong! Sorry, NCL.

They simply are NOT suites, in any way, shape or form. To label them as such is an underhanded marketing ploy. Many, many people are fooled by the misrepresentation.

They simply are NOT suites, in any way, shape or form. To label them as such is an underhanded marketing ploy. Many, many people are fooled by the misrepresentation.

To Me, as much as I'd like the extra space, they aren't really worth the extra cost, since you don't get any of the "perks" that come with Penthouse and above....:( If you got even one Perk, or a choice of a perk, it would be more worthwhile IMHO...

Bill(DrFootball)

("We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us."

— Winston S. Churchill)

Bill's Brainiac Random Quote Generator V0.94 final beta for Mac

Our first mini was on the Sun and it came with the services of the concierge, a special room service menu, and a wonderfully upgraded cabin, not just bigger.

We booked a mini on the Star and it was nothing like the Sun. Still nice, a tub instead of just a shower, we liked the sitting area, but no special room service menu. The concierge explained that the Sun has only a few mini suites but on most other ships there are just too many for them to provide perks. But the concierge perk was still listed.

Then one day the concierge perk disappeared! :confused:

But you could still have a breakfast in Aqua, somewhat more intimate, and for some a nicer experience than the large main dining room.

Then that perk disappeared! :eek:

I think it's time for NCL to give up the ghost, although I have noticed other cruise lines like to include the mini or jr suite so they can advertise "suites as low as..." :rolleyes:

On the other hand, it has forced us to move up to full suites, and that is a whole new world of cruising! :D

Thanks all for the information. This will be our first NCL cruise and I was thinking of booking the Mini for the extra room and the perks. If there are no perks I don't think I will spend the extra $260.00 for a tub I won't use and a little extra space.

But the concierge perk was still listed.

Then one day the concierge perk disappeared! :confused:

:D

I was looking at one of the big travel websites and it still shows "conceirge available" for minisuites. I bet that causes problems onboard. :eek:

Thanks for all the responses.

I notice, on the newer list, that it doesn't mention 'in suite dining'.

I was under the impression that we could get dinner from the dining room menu served in a Penthouse (SC) and that was something that had value for us. Does anyone know if that is still available?

I was looking at one of the big travel websites and it still shows "conceirge available" for minisuites. I bet that causes problems onboard. :eek:

It probably does, and what is interesting is that it has been widely gone for at least a couple years.

Archived