Cruise ?

lisas414

Have a quick question? Trying to decide on what to do for a cruise in March or April 2012. I have previously cruised on RCCL Explorer of the Seas and went to Haiti, San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Thomas. Then we had gone on Carnival Victory and went to Canada.

The question I have is I found a Carnival Miracle cruise on 4-12-12 which would be my birthday week and it goes to St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk (which I am dieing to go to). The problem I have is that I do not care for San Juan and really do not know how Carnival Miracle would be.

My other question is there is a cruise on either Norweigian Gem or Jewel and it leaves in March and April and it goes to Bermuda and docks there. I have never been there and would love to go there.

So I need opinions, Carnival Miracle or Norweigian? Is it worth going to Grand Turk from 1pm -7pm or just hang in Bermuda? I am so lost and need advice from you guys, you have always helped me in the past. Thanks in advance!!

Lisa

The Miracle is a nice ship. If that is the cruise you really want to take why not take it. You don't have to get off the ship in San Juan. They have plenty of activities on the ship to do. The ship is also really quiet and less crowded on port days.

I do not care for San Juan Lisa

Did that cruise twice. Been to PR a number of times. Felt the same way as you did.

But, on the last cruise, we did the Segway tour, which was one of the best times we ever had.

So, I would suggest to do the EOS, do the Segway tour in PR, and have a blast.

As the previous poster said, if you enjoy water activities, the water in Bermuda at that time will not be warm enough.

We love Bermuda, going in 4 weeks. We have done the same ports in the carribean and enjoyed them all. Love PR, great little shops to explore if you get off the beaten path. Grand turk is lovely. Our daughter and my sister did a horseback riding excursion there that she really enjoyed.

Have not sailed the Miracle but our daughter and two grandsons are sailing April 12th, over school vacation. Be aware, that April is a school vacation month if your not taking kids. ;)

So I need opinions, Carnival Miracle or Norweigian? Is it worth going to Grand Turk from 1pm -7pm or just hang in Bermuda? I am so lost and need advice from you guys, you have always helped me in the past. Thanks in advance!!

Lisa

Haven't been on NCL but the Miracle is a great ship.:D We have been to San Juan twice and found different things to do each time. We also have been to Bermuda. Liked the cruise but didn't care that much for Bermuda itself. Except for jewelry stores and liquor stores, they 'roll up the streets' [close the stores] at dusk. Or at least that's the way it was when we were there. Things could have changed since then.

For 2012 HAL's "Veendam" starts the Bermuda run the end of April. As someone else noted, it will be cool and more "spring like" than tropical. And the "Veendam" docks in Hamilton, not the Dock yard.

Would do the Eastern Caribbean in March or April and Bermuda at a warmer time.

What did you do in St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and San Juan? Did you walk around Old San Juan?

We were swimming at Magen's Bay Beach in St. Thomas this April and the water was warm! Did you swim in St. Thomas?

Grand Turk cruise port has a nice pool and beach. It is a very small island.

Archived