? Coffee in Hideaway (Silhouette)

FunCruiser56

I have seen mentioned that there is always coffee in the Hideaway on the Silhouette. I'm wondering if there is also tea/hot water? We will be on deck 8 so sending DH;) to get some hot water for our French Press Coffee would be wonderful! Yes, I know we can order some from room service, but this would be easy and quick for whenever we want it.

Thanks!! Really looking forward to this cruise!

Bev

This from the website, it appears to be in the Lawn Club area:

The Hideaway

A retreat where you'll find a quiet spot to disconnect, rest and relax. Read a book, listen to music or do a crossword puzzle. You can even escape into your own private "tree-house."

There was supposed to be a photograph, but that area is blank.

I found it. It's a lobby type seating area where Team Earth is on the other ships, decks 7/8 by the atrium elevators. I had what must be an old Silhouette deck plan that showed Team Earth there.

You can see it in this photo behind the floating tree:

http://travel.usatoday.com/alliance/cruises/avidcruiser/post/2011/07/Back-From-Hamburg-Avid-Cruisers-Celebrity-Silhouette-Review-With-Videos/178442/1

Cool that they'd have no-extra-charge type coffee there.

I found it. It's a lobby type seating area where Team Earth is on the other ships, decks 7/8 by the atrium elevators. I had what must be an old Silhouette deck plan that showed Team Earth there.

You can see it in this photo behind the floating tree:

http://travel.usatoday.com/alliance/cruises/avidcruiser/post/2011/07/Back-From-Hamburg-Avid-Cruisers-Celebrity-Silhouette-Review-With-Videos/178442/1

Cool that they'd have no-extra-charge type coffee there.

So if I get this correct...you can stop at the Cafe Al Bacio on deck 5, pick up a complimentary pastry, then take it to the Hideaway on deck 7, and enjoy complimentary coffee?

Sounds like a plan!:)

The Hideaway

A retreat where you'll find a quiet spot to disconnect, rest and relax. Read a book, listen to music or do a crossword puzzle. You can even escape into your own private "tree-house."

No it's not in the lawn area. It's right off the center bank of elevators and done in a tree house style. Comfy chairs, swinging chairs, cut outs in the wall etc...

• 3 weeks later...

Just booked a Sihouette and noticed this space while reviewing the differences between this ship and the Equinox. I think it is a great use of space. This space, (as Team Earth) was never appeared to be used on our previous two Equinox cruises. Way to go Celebrity! I look forward to finding this space.

Does anyone know what sorts of things are in here? On the Equinox they had chess boards on the upper library floor, are there any here? Does anyone know if they have them on the Sihouette?

The Hideaway

How can it be a quiet place if you are listening to music?

I don't think that the hideaway has been installed on M Class.

Hopefully people won't get too excited and that expectations are not too high. At the end of the day it is just somewhere else to sit. I rather liked it, especially morning to mid afternoon. There are unusual shaped chairs and a coffee machine and during the early part of the day it is quiet.

The main negative is that from late afternoon and through the evening it tends to attract groups of unruly children because it is a bit 'out of the way'. At least that was our experience when on the Silhouette at the beginning of August.

I don't think that the hideaway has been installed on M Class.

Hopefully people won't get too excited and that expectations are not too high. At the end of the day it is just somewhere else to sit. I rather liked it, especially morning to mid afternoon. There are unusual shaped chairs and a coffee machine and during the early part of the day it is quiet.

The main negative is that from late afternoon and through the evening it tends to attract groups of unruly children because it is a bit 'out of the way'. At least that was our experience when on the Silhouette at the beginning of August.

Sounds as if you could throw them overboard and no one would know.

The hideaway is a great location but the qwerky chairs tend to attract lots of children.

Sorry, but I don't see the relevance of this to the original question at all. It's clear from the two references you made to kids in this thread that you don't like kids, but you didn't focus on the question being asked, which wasn't about children but was about hot water for tea...

We were on the Silhouette in August. The Hideaway is by the elevator bank on Deck 7 and yes, there is a coffee machine there that also dispenses hot water for tea. There is a variety of tea bags available there to choose from. I am a tea drinker and regularly sat there.

Yes, children used this areas, as did many other people, including adults who would sit there and and nod off and snore very loudly! It was a nice place to spend time and close to our cabin on Deck 6. The only drawback was when there were no cups or milk for your tea, which required a trip up to the Oceanview Cafe on Deck 14... Other than that, it was a popular place to sit and read or check e-mail.

Ahhhh finially an answer to my question! Thank you Scrapchick!!!

We were on the Silhouette in August. The Hideaway is by the elevator bank on Deck 7 and yes, there is a coffee machine there that also dispenses hot water for tea. There is a variety of tea bags available there to choose from. I am a tea drinker and regularly sat there.

Bev

Archived