Room next to Bridge on Serenade

isabela

Hi isabela,

YES! I can actually answer this question, and it's even the same class as you. We purposely chose cabin 1000 (right next to the bridge, Deck 10) on Brilliance, port side. It was fantastic!! Every day, the Captain would wave to us, and it was just a great place to be. Must be honest, we chose this cabin because we cannot tolerate cigarette smoke - well, we thought this might be the best option at least while underway, as smoke would blow aft. Since we were right up front, we were hoping it wouldn't be an issue and it was OK (neighbors smoked, though. We made the best of it :)).

There was very little hallway noise because the only people who ever walked by were purposely going to the bridge.

I must say it is a long walk to, well, anywhere! But it was wonderful. We enjoyed the cabin very much although honestly, we could hear the flushing of toilets from the bridge next door. I guess we shared a wall. :o But no big deal. We were concerned about the bridge jutting out and obstructing our view, but this was a non-issue. We were also concerned because the balcony "ceiling wall" (I guess) is curved because it is the first cabin. If you use Google or webshots and get a close up pic of Radiance class ships, you'll see what I mean. Anyway, also not an issue.

Enjoy your cabin and your cruise! :)

Have you ever been assigned a room next to the Bridge. I have one for the Serenade and not sure if this is a good area. Any information, Please??

We had stateroom 1000 on Serenade once. This is the highest and farthest forward balcony on the port side. We had no problems with noise, and being that far forward, the only hallway traffic was the occasional bridge officer.

However, this particular cruise had some rougher seas, and we felt more motion during this cruise than any other cruise we have been on. It was not a big deal for us because we like the motion, especially during the night, but someone sensitive to motion should probably consider another cabin.

Thanks for all the information. Somedoby told me that the anchor is going to make a lot of noise when in use and that we 'll hear it very loud. But, a day on a cruise is better than a day on the house, right?

Somebody told me that the anchor is going to make a lot of noise when in use and that we 'll hear it very loud.

Errr.... not sure why they told you this :confused: ... a cabin next to the bridge on this class of ship is on Deck 10. You would never hear the anchor drop from this high up.

There is a possibility you could hear noise that may be mistaken for anchor noise. When arriving at a port, they drop the observation platforms on the mooring deck forward, also use of the bow thrusters might be noticed in the forward areas of the ship. We have stayed in similar cabins on the Radiance class ships (9500) and don't remember having any problems with noise. Very pleased with that area of the ship

Archived