The Princess Upgrade Fairy paid us a nice visit!

cruisequeen4ever

We booked a BF 8 months prior to our cruise, and we just got our stateroom assignment at the 6 1/2 month mark. It's one of the coveted BA Caribe staterooms!! Sooooooooooo excited! Thank you, Princess; this is exactly what I was wishing for! I had been reading about these staterooms on here, and now we're going to experience one!!

I had the same thing happen to me as well, when I booked back in June for a November sailing, but with in a couple of days we were upgraded from BF to BA on the caribe. Can't wait! Happy cruising!:)

Congratulations! I got a similar upgrade on my last cruise (well, to a BB not BA, but I like being toward the aft better anyway) and loved that big balcony. Now I understand why they're so coveted. My favourite thing was the uncovered portion of the balcony -- it was great to be able to look up and all around. Enjoy!

Hello! and congrats on the upgrade! We are sailing on the Golden in January (our first Princess Cruise!!:p ) Just a question...was there a charge for the upgrade, or was it just 'given' to you? OUr last cruise on NCL, we had a note with our TA that I would be willing to pay up to a certain price for an upgrade if it became available. Does Princess do this also?

Congrats! We received the same upgrade on our upcoming repositioning of the Caribbean Princess on Oct 29. I'm very excited.

We are on the same cruise and got upgraded from BF? to a BB. I am so looking forward to seeing these larger balconies :)

We booked a BF 8 months prior to our cruise, and we just got our stateroom assignment at the 6 1/2 month mark. It's one of the coveted BA Caribe staterooms!! Sooooooooooo excited! Thank you, Princess; this is exactly what I was wishing for! I had been reading about these staterooms on here, and now we're going to experience one!!

Congrats on the upgrade.....:):):)

Bob

Hello! and congrats on the upgrade! We are sailing on the Golden in January (our first Princess Cruise!!:p ) Just a question...was there a charge for the upgrade, or was it just 'given' to you? OUr last cruise on NCL, we had a note with our TA that I would be willing to pay up to a certain price for an upgrade if it became available. Does Princess do this also?

I have never heard of an upcharge from Princess to upgrade. The one upgrade I received (from a BG to a BA) was gratis.

I am not sure if anyone else on the Princess boards have been upsold or received an offer to upgrade for price.

It was a complimentary upgrade! :-) We booked a Guarantee stateroom, where you book a category, not a specific stateroom, and you are guaranteed a stateroom in the category you booked or a higher one. We were blessed to have been upgraded! Yes, you can pay to upgrade if you want before sailing. Check the rates through your travel agent or on the Princess site, and if you see a good deal, change your booking to the other category. Sometimes, the price drops, and you can get a price drop and/or a paid upgrade. I hope I've answered your questions. Happy cruising!

Congrats on all the upgrades. We were upgraded from a BF to a BA balcony on the Lido deck, Will I be happy with the Lido balconys?

Mike

We love the lido balcony cabins. If you like to relax on your balcony with a pre dinner drink it is nice to pick up cheese and crackers or smoked salmon from the buffet to go with. We use the pools a lot and a lido balcony cabin is THE BEST for proximity. Because there are fewer cabins on that deck it is quiet. I think you will love it!

Congrats on all the upgrades. We were upgraded from a BF to a BA balcony on the Lido deck, Will I be happy with the Lido balconys?

Mike

We also got an upgrade from BF to BA on Lido. We'll see how it goes when we cruise 9/17. I'm a little concerned about motion and activity. Also, it looks like the cabin (312) we've been assigned has an obstructed view...there appears to be a wall on the left side of the balcony that may obscure any view to the back of the ship. Like I said we'll see. We always book guarantees and have always been happy with our cabin assignment in the past.

Congratulations! We're 107 days away and don't have our cabin assignment yet. We were spoiled last time to find out our cabin assignment before the final payment date. But the cruise before that one, we did not find out until four days beforehand.

Congratulations! We're 107 days away and don't have our cabin assignment yet. We were spoiled last time to find out our cabin assignment before the final payment date. But the cruise before that one, we did not find out until four days beforehand.

Same thing here! Almost everyone on our roll call who had guarantees received their cabin assignments... I am still waiting! Last year's cruise to Hawaii, I also booked a guarantee but received my cabin assignment within three weeks of booking... I booked a category E guarantee, but all of the OV obstructed, and OVs are waitlisted... Unfortunately, I know that it doesn't necessarily mean that I will get the hoped for balcony, but it sure would be nice!

Archived