Kids in CL?

AdamG's blog is about this issue and the SR fiasco..........they are standing by their decision:mad:

http://www.nationofwhynot.com/blog/?p=4174

Just read the whole link. Thanks for providing it.

I guess that....is that. RCCl is sticking to their decision and there is nothing we can do about it.

Looks like I will be going to the Diamond Lounge from now on, even though I am a D+...:confused:

for a true sample of ALL cruisers on Royal Carr. you must poll ALL people who cruise Royal Carr.(a certain %) and have them answer the poll not just a group that has a specialized interest. The D and D+ members on Cruise Critic is much higher % than the general Royal Carr. passengers.:)

I disagree. A valid sample would include only those who have access to the venue in question. Those who don't have no vested interest (or knowledge of the issues) and their opinions are worthless.

Asking ALL RCL passengers would make as much sense as asking Delta Frequent Flyers who don't cruise on RCL (or at all).

Adam writes:

One more comment on this topic for now: when customers write me about policies related to suite guests, they consistently assume that suite guests are first time cruisers or at least have not demonstrated their loyalty to Royal Caribbean. This assumption could not be further from the truth. A very significant percentage of our top suite guests are in the upper tiers of the Crown & Anchor Society and have demonstrated great loyalty to our brand.

Adam obviously hasn't looked at the current poll results of "Both Suite and Diamond Plus guest"

Under the votes from those who are Both Suite and Diamond Plus guest 91% are against the new change allowing children into the CL after 5PM. I think that the message from those that are in Adam's own words "A very significant percentage of our top suite guests" is loud and clear.

Poll http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1477008&page=4

I guess that....is that. RCCl is sticking to their decision and there is nothing we can do about it.

Looks like I will be going to the Diamond Lounge from now on, even though I am a D+...:confused:

Looks like I will be going to the Diamond Lounge from now on, even though I am a D+...

Last edited by seac

This is probably what they want to happen. Sure would save on a lot of booze in the concierge.

Lots of our friends are D while we are D+. I sure wouldn't mind going to the D lounge but I think they should make it a full bar.

Looks like I will be going to the Diamond Lounge from now on, even though I am a D+...

Last edited by seac

This is probably what they want to happen. Sure would save on a lot of booze in the concierge.

Lots of our friends are D while we are D+. I sure wouldn't mind going to the D lounge but I think they should make it a full bar.

Its basically the same bar set up. In fact on ROS since its drydock they use the bar in the disco to make the drinks and bring them into the D lounge.

AdamG's blog is about this issue and the SR fiasco..........they are standing by their decision:mad:

Good!

I still can't believe how much whining and, shall I say it, child like behavior there is here. Amazing.

Kids are allowed in the CL now, for 3 additional hours. If you don't like it, find a cruise line that better fits your needs. Maybe HAL, Cunard or another ship which is generally more ideal for an older crowd.

If you can force yourself to have to deal with those kids for the 3 hours, then great. If you see something going on in the CL that's inappropriate, report it.

-germ

p.s. GET OFF MY LAWN YOU DAG NABBIT KIDS... SO SMART WITH YOUR ROCK-N-ROLL AND YOUR MTV! BACK IN MY DAY, I HAD TO WALK BAREFOOT AND IN THE SNOW TO THE CONCIERGE LOUNGE ON THE SHIP.

Yes there is something that you, I and everyone else can do that does not agree with this policy. Take our business elsewhere. None of us should be tied to one cruise line.

I definitely do not agree with allowing children in the CL during happy hour! I do think that this is a way for RCCL to get the D+ people out of the CL since they are keeping the DL child free(thank goodness!!!!!).When I sail on a ship without at DL.......well I'm not looking forward to the CL being even more crowded.

Well, it seems to me the man in charge has spoken. He also hinted that some letters might have pissed him off. Seems they have been thinking about this for quite some time and seem to have all the information needed to put this new policy through. I wouldn't poke the tiger anymore!!!:p

Although I always enjoy reading what Bajathree has to say and always gives out very good information for those in need of answers, but I do agree with Germy that a poll of 300 and some odd folks on CC is not the deal breaker for changing company policy.

I have just as much right to argue my case as does a person who booked the inside cabin somewhere below the engine room 87 times. Sorry if you do not like it, but before you call me judgemental, elitist, or other name, read some of these posts and consider who is looking down thier nose at who.

Getting really tired of these rude posts. We are one cruise away from D+ and have never booked anything less than a JS. Quit making incorrect assumptions that most repeat cruisers book the cheapest cabins. We are booked in a GS and expected the adult atmosphere of the CL for Happy Hour. You are entitled to your opinion but being nasty and insulting to those of us who disagree is way out of line.

I so agree with you can we have one area of the ship where can we can kick back and relax. they have the kids and teen area. I love my grandaughter also but I want an adult area maybe we can get enough "adults" to voice there discontent with this new rule.:(

Just got an email from a friend on Explorer. She said they have changed the rules fleetwide and are allowing kids from suite guests in the CL...

REALLY RCL???? During a cocktail hour??????? What's next? No alcohol cuz we don't want children seeing people drinking???

I LOVE my grandkids dearly but there is a time and place for kids....

Cocktail hour is NOT for children...

Well, it seems to me the man in charge has spoken. He also hinted that some letters might have pissed him off. Seems they have been thinking about this for quite some time and seem to have all the information needed to put this new policy through. I wouldn't poke the tiger anymore!!!:p

Although I always enjoy reading what Bajathree has to say and always gives out very good information for those in need of answers, but I do agree with Germy that a poll of 300 and some odd folks on CC is not the deal breaker for changing company policy.

It really doesn't matter how pissed he is! He's nowhere as pissed as his loyal, PAYING customers. The ones who keep RCCL as a viable company, and pay his salary, by continuing to patronize said company. :mad:

Who cares if some letters made him mad. His job is take take care of customers and this is not something that Royal has done a good job of over the last few years. They continue to make blunders like this without thinking through the consequences that might happen with these stupid moves. AG was placed in this position due to the fact that he is a bean counter. At least when Jack Williams was at the helm, customers were #1. Sadly this has gone away with AG in charge.

Since the policy change went into effect on August 26th, one time on each of two ships the Concierge has needed to address a family about the behavior of their child in the CL during the new hours.

The above is from Mr Goldstein's blog - what I find hysterical in his "defense" of the policy change is that he acts like this is minimal. BUT if the policy change took place on Friday August 26th and today is September 6, the only one possibly 2 weeks of sailings were affected and they have ALREADY had 2 instances of concierge's having to speak to guests. Multiply this as time goes by and more families "catch on" and I feel for the poor concierge. It will be interesting to see on our upcoming cruise how many under 21's plant themselves in a seat when we planned on spending our pre dinner cocktail hour in the CL.

Which I'm guessing will make Adam happy, especially on ships that only have the Diamond Event and not the full lounge.

I do think it was a little disingenuous not to include the number of D+ who might have their kids onboard with them and want to bring them to the CL, too.

I feel for the concierges - they will be caught between a rock and a hard place if any children are out of control.

Not sure why there is so much complaining –

The CL is a perk to suite and D+/PN members. No one is forcing you to use the lounge. If the lounge “atmosphere” is not to your liking, or does not meet your preferences, why not simply go to other locations. There are other quiet areas and plenty of other bars.

RCCL offers suite guests and C&A members many different perks. A passenger may select those that suit their travel preferences best. Some like the location of the reserved theater seating some don’t. Those who don’t, just sit elsewhere. No one is forcing you to sit in the reserved sections.

The CL has always allowed children in at other times and I’ve never seen any unruly behavior. There were a few families having breakfast in the Allure.

Further – the other bars have always allowed children and I really don’t recall seeing or hearing lots of complaints from anyone having children present.

It is a PERK and FREE – Why are so many complaining about it!

Don't like it - Don't use it!

M

One result of this - concierges gratuities are going to sink. How many of those same suite guests taking their rugrats into the CL are going to give a gratuity based on their whole family. My guess - none.

They cut the wages of the concieges some time ago and a great number of the better ones left. What's going to keep them now?

Speaking as a cruiser now, not a TA, we won't be sailing with RCL much in the future. I've only sailed with them once in the last 2 years and that was not for pleasure.

We still have 2 or 3 nextcruise certificates from some time ago so I suppose we may use them for Transatlantics or at least longer cruises.

It's OK that RCL wanted to become a more family cruiseline but it's not OK when the kids are dictating the rules.

It really doesn't matter how pissed he is! He's nowhere as pissed as his loyal, PAYING customers. The ones who keep RCCL as a viable company, and pay his salary, by continuing to patronize said company. :mad:

The Diamonds were just as pissed when they got kicked out of the CL and the company still went on strong.

I'm just saying that constant complaining could possibly push him to make even more changes many will not be happy about.

I'm just saying that constant complaining could possibly push him to make even more changes many will not be happy about.

Agreed.

Why offer a cocktail hour to passengers, only to have them complain because a few kids are present?

RCCL would be better off not offering anything at all.

Anyone recall the C&A welcome back gifts. I am told that so many complained that they had too many hats, or didn’t like the photo frames that RCCL decided to stop giving gifts – and guess what – NO ONE IS COMPLAINING about them anymore.

M

Not sure why there is so much complaining –

The CL is a perk to suite and D+/PN members. No one is forcing you to use the lounge. If the lounge “atmosphere” is not to your liking, or does not meet your preferences, why not simply go to other locations. There are other quiet areas and plenty of other bars.

RCCL offers suite guests and C&A members many different perks. A passenger may select those that suit their travel preferences best. Some like the location of the reserved theater seating some don’t. Those who don’t, just sit elsewhere. No one is forcing you to sit in the reserved sections.

The CL has always allowed children in at other times and I’ve never seen any unruly behavior. There were a few families having breakfast in the Allure.

Further – the other bars have always allowed children and I really don’t recall seeing or hearing lots of complaints from anyone having children present.

It is a PERK and FREE – Why are so many complaining about it!

Don't like it - Don't use it!

M

Well don't come here complaining in the future when things happen that you don't like. Like maybe not being allowed to sit in the reserved sections for suites.;)

Archived