Kids in CL?

Adventure Ocean shuts down at 5:00 and opens back up at 7:00. Unless you have your child signed up for dinner at JR then the kids are with the adults.

My guess it that 2 hour window is what is causing the suite guests to complain/request ...

Adventure Ocean shuts down at 5:00 and opens back up at 7:00. Unless you have your child signed up for dinner at JR then the kids are with the adults.

My guess it that 2 hour window is what is causing the suite guests to complain/request ...

You may be correct.

Perish the thought they might have to take care of their own kids for two hours.:p

Yes, Royal promotes family travel, but so does Disney, even more so, yet they manage to maintain and enforce adults only areas. So just because one pays for a suite, now the entire ship must be made accessible to their little darlings? Forget the rest of the paying passengers who would like an adult atmosphere in a very small part of the ship for a very brief amount of time?

Right on!!!

You may be correct.

Perish the thought they might have to take care of their own kids for two hours.:p

It's not always closed then, but it is often. OR, it is the time they take kids to dinner, so if you want to bring your child to dinner with you to have a meal together, you need to take them out before 5.

Well, they DO take care of their own kids. However that is also the time for the CL hours, so they want to take care of them in the CL naturally. My DD doesn't spend much time in the AO, she prefers to be with us. If they were open at those hours, I am sure some of the suite guests who have kids would not have an issue with not bringing their kids to the CL.

Yes, Royal promotes family travel, but so does Disney, even more so, yet they manage to maintain and enforce adults only areas. So just because one pays for a suite, now the entire ship must be made accessible to their little darlings? Forget the rest of the paying passengers who would like an adult atmosphere in a very small part of the ship for a very brief amount of time?

....may I suggest Holland America?....;)

....may I suggest Holland America?....;)

You may, but I won't go. I've already addressed this. May I suggest Disney for you? Oh wait, I forgot. They actually don't allow children access to every nook and cranny of the ship. They value their passenger's desire for adults only venues.

Spoke to royal Caribbean uk this evening as we are looking to upgrade from JS to GS on an upcoming cruise and they told me there had been NO CHANGE in their policy of not admitting anyone under 21 to the CL after 5pm. The lady I spoke to said it remained at the discretion of the concierge/staff to admit minors if appropriate under special circumstance.

We travel with our son (3) so while not the deciding factor for us, it was of interest. Dinner time is a family time and as we dress for dinner we like to sit down together and enjoy a drink before hand as we go straight to our room after. I have no issue where we sit down for a drink but think if we use an alternate bar I would like to receive some kind of discount on drinks if I cannot benefit from the enhanced programme for suite guests at this time.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.387053,1.436357

Well said. 3 1/2 hours is all.

Thats ok Jul....NOBODY is perfect:).........

BTW----------I do not care how well behaved anyone's kids are...........I do not like the idea of any kid in the CL.........you might think they are charming,but I may not......

as far as men in shorts,its not new............I've seen that since way back when.

Perfection is over rated. ;) As to shorts, nothing got one of my favorite concierges out of his seat faster after 5pm than a man entering in shorts. He just wouldn't tolerate it. If it's now OK I'm sure he's having a stroke.:eek:

That is exactly what this is all about!

Exactly.

Spoke to royal Caribbean uk this evening as we are looking to upgrade from JS to GS on an upcoming cruise and they told me there had been NO CHANGE in their policy of not admitting anyone under 21 to the CL after 5pm. The lady I spoke to said it remained at the discretion of the concierge/staff to admit minors if appropriate under special circumstance.

We travel with our son (3) so while not the deciding factor for us, it was of interest. Dinner time is a family time and as we dress for dinner we like to sit down together and enjoy a drink before hand as we go straight to our room after. I have no issue where we sit down for a drink but think if we use an alternate bar I would like to receive some kind of discount on drinks if I cannot benefit from the enhanced programme for suite guests at this time.

---

You always have the option of ordering drinks from RS and enjoying them in your suite together.Of course you will pay for those drinks. You can use the CL anytime you choose. They do have babysitting services that you can utilize if you wish.but if it is all important that you and your wife have pre-dinner drinks with your 3 year old, you can always ask RCI for a discount since you believe you are being denied a perk your suite purchase affords you.

good luck with that.;)

---

Looks like the word has not gotten across the pond yet. :( Currently for those booked on Brilliance, if you are booked in a GS cabin or above or are a D+/PC Member, children are allowed in the CL as long as they are accompanied by one parent. This is all day long.

It's a matter of time before word spreads to the other ships.

For what it's worth, I spoke with the Diamond desk and the Diamond plus supervisor concerning the Concierge Lounge and was informed that there was no change in policy at all. Children are allowed all day until 5pm and all night after 8:30. I emphasized the CL and not the DL and was told there has been no change in policy anywhere. Who knows.:confused:

You may, but I won't go. I've already addressed this. May I suggest Disney for you? Oh wait, I forgot. They actually don't allow children access to every nook and cranny of the ship. They value their passenger's desire for adults only venues.

We have sailed Disney five times and do enjoy their product. They even provide service level above the level RCCL provides. But we tire of a limited venue and cruise on RCCL for the variety. On our up coming cruise on the Freedom (and booked in a GS) I now plan to make good use of the change of policy and share the CL with our lovely daughter. Oh it might upset some older cruisers than remember that those same 'BRATS" may be putting paddles on your chest and save your life someday....but then again maybe not....;)

For what it's worth, I spoke with the Diamond desk and the Diamond plus supervisor concerning the Concierge Lounge and was informed that there was no change in policy at all. Children are allowed all day until 5pm and all night after 8:30. I emphasized the CL and not the DL and was told there has been no change in policy anywhere. Who knows.:confused:

I bet if you called several more times, you'd finally get the correct answer.:)

It was at the request of their Suite Guests.

Obviously not all of them. I doubt if they took a true poll that the majority would vote for it. The ones that complain the loudest and make the biggest stink got their way without anyone knowing it was happening.

I still say there won't be enough seats and you won't see kids being made to make room for other people. So, a family of 4 staying in a suite will take up 4 seats while a couple will only take 2. Do the math. It's not pretty.

It was working perfectly fine with the kids being allowed in all day except during cocktail hour. Sorry, but I don't see why the kids need to be in there for those 3 or so hours in the evening. I have a lot of feelings about this but won't post them as I dont' want to be accused of hating children, which I don't.

BTW, the pp who stated we're "elitist" made sure we all knew his precious daughter flies first class. Kind of ironic, isn't it? What that has to do with this subject I have no idea. BTW, my boys flew business class when they were teenagers, but I still wouldn't have taken them into cocktail hour.

The reason I mentioned first class is that in similar 'flying forums', a similar elitist, anti-child view is taken. Something that equally winds me up.

As a matter of clarity, I congratulated Mr Goldstein on the change of policy earlier today, I was given a lovely reply within 20 minutes. I wonder if any of the complainers received similar swift responses?

I've now un-subscribed to this thread, once again disappointed in the generalisation of certain scenarios by some of the CC community. My family, including my daughter look forward to a pre-dinner drink, spending around 20 minutes in the calm oasis of the CL each night of our forthcoming cruise.

I'm sure our louche behaviour won't lead to future alcoholism for my daughter.

The reason I mentioned first class is that in similar 'flying forums', a similar elitist, anti-child view is taken.

THe RC forums are for the novice elitists. The hard-core elitist anti-kidders are on the Seabourn forums heh heh. Sometimes I visit there just for some perspective.

The reason I mentioned first class is that in similar 'flying forums', a similar elitist, anti-child view is taken. Something that equally winds me up.

As a matter of clarity, I congratulated Mr Goldstein on the change of policy earlier today, I was given a lovely reply within 20 minutes. I wonder if any of the complainers received similar swift responses?

I've now un-subscribed to this thread, once again disappointed in the generalisation of certain scenarios by some of the CC community. My family, including my daughter look forward to a pre-dinner drink, spending around 20 minutes in the calm oasis of the CL each night of our forthcoming cruise.

.....A man (or woman) of reason. I would be honored to share an adult beverage with you and your lovely family in the CL. May all your seas be calm and your winds steady.:)

And, some things wind me up. Not sure why yours trumps those that felt the CL rules were perfectly fine. Talk about elitism. Pot meet kettle.

:( I wrote my letter to complain this afternoon and didn't get a return email.

I got a phone call.:p

I was told that though the rules have not changed..that the Concierge can agree to allow "kids" under the age into the CL at his/her discretion. I voiced my opinion about allowing kids in there during cocktail hour and she assured me my thoughts would be passed on, further.:)

If I get any further responses I'll post them. She also said that this subject has been a hot topic at RCI. Wonder where it got started?;)

:( I wrote my letter to complain this afternoon and didn't get a return email.

I got a phone call.:p

If I get any further responses I'll post them. She also said that this subject has been a hot topic at RCI. Wonder where it got started?;)

Good to know!!! Thanks for the update!!!

Archived