Kids in CL?

Guess I should have clarified....."size of the CL on the OLD RD"

Thats ok Jul....NOBODY is perfect:).........

BTW----------I do not care how well behaved anyone's kids are...........I do not like the idea of any kid in the CL.........you might think they are charming,but I may not......

as far as men in shorts,its not new............I've seen that since way back when.

Bus man, Well the point is that this is a change in policy where prior to this children were not to be in the CL during these 3.5 hours. My objection was the change in policy not communicated to us. I agree that if children ARE permitted during those hours there is no reason why they should not have a seat. You are a responsible parent and a gentleman and I can tell you that is much appriecated, but I have witnessed kids gone wild in the Concierge lounge and it's not pretty. I agree that taking my business elsewhere would also be an option.

What code is this ???????????????? :confused:

Patti (cruisenfever) - Off topic, but I just had deja vu. Remember that time you were accused of code talk and earned the name CB? If memory serves me right, it was some Snookie wannabe complaining about guys checking her out and her BF getting jealous. Sorry, but I was just reminded of it in deep water's post. :D

Patti (cruisenfever) - Off topic, but I just had deja vu. Remember that time you were accused of code talk and earned the name CB? If memory serves me right, it was some Snookie wannabe complaining about guys checking her out and her BF getting jealous. Sorry, but I was just reminded of it in deep water's post. :D

I vaguely remember that.:o Maybe it's best that it is only vaguely.:p

Just got an email from a friend on Explorer. She said they have changed the rules fleetwide and are allowing kids from suite guests in the CL...

REALLY RCL???? During a cocktail hour??????? What's next? No alcohol cuz we don't want children seeing people drinking???

I LOVE my grandkids dearly but there is a time and place for kids....

Cocktail hour is NOT for children...

Really? Without intending to flame you, what's the big deal? Both of my parents were social drinkers, they never hid it from me when I was a kid, they hosted parties at which wine and liquor were served, I didn't abuse alcohol either before or after I was of age.

Now, if we're talking about having an adult social hour without kids around, just for the sake of the grown-ups being able to be with each other, I'm all for that. But there's no need to hide behind the idea that children shouldn't be exposed to drinking adults.

Cruising is the wrong vacation for parents who hope to insulate their kids from adults who drink alcohol.

Now, if we're talking about having an adult social hour without kids around, just for the sake of the grown-ups being able to be with each other, I'm all for that.

That is exactly what this is all about!

Bus man, Well the point is that this is a change in policy where prior to this children were not to be in the CL during these 3.5 hours. My objection was the change in policy not communicated to us. I agree that if children ARE permitted during those hours there is no reason why they should not have a seat. You are a responsible parent and a gentleman and I can tell you that is much appriecated, but I have witnessed kids gone wild in the Concierge lounge and it's not pretty. I agree that taking my business elsewhere would also be an option.

I agree that sometimes kids can be a bit out of control. On the other hand I have had the misfortune of experiencing some very drunken behavior by adults in the CL. Actually had the misfortune/dismay of walking into the CL one cruise to discover a previous cruise over indulger sitting there sucking them up. I would guess most of us have experienced some type of crappy behavior in the CL. Don't like it but it happens.:(

Really? Without intending to flame you, what's the big deal? Both of my parents were social drinkers, they never hid it from me when I was a kid, they hosted parties at which wine and liquor were served, I didn't abuse alcohol either before or after I was of age.

Now, if we're talking about having an adult social hour without kids around, just for the sake of the grown-ups being able to be with each other, I'm all for that. But there's no need to hide behind the idea that children shouldn't be exposed to drinking adults.

Cruising is the wrong vacation for parents who hope to insulate their kids from adults who drink alcohol.

Sorry, but I was a cocktail waitress and the things I saw in 'bar atmosphere' I would not want my kids to see.....I personally see a room with people having "cocktail hour" (as called by everyone) a bar atmosphere with smoke being the only thing missing!

Everyone has an opinion.....but it seems to me that the 3.5 hours was kind of an adult social hour without kids....

Part of my argument is the 'change in policy' and no notification even to ta's....This could potentially change people's minds on what cruise ship or cruiseline they are sailing on.......(I'd rather sail on RD than JW if the CL is much larger)(not having been on either in a year, I'm not sure what their lounges look like today.)

Each time I read through this thread, all I can hear in the back of my head is:

"Dagnabbit kids.... GET OFF MY LAWN... think you're so smart with your MTV and your rock-n-roll music...."

Sounds like it's time for some folks to move on to Cunard or Holland America for their vacationing pleasures.

-germ

I fully agree with your first point. As the father of two young kids, I have no problem whatsoever with there being some places where the wee ones aren't allowed. My family always respects, without complaint, whatever age limitations any given venue might establish.

However, I disagree with your second point. If children are present in an area where they're allowed to be, why shouldn't they have equal access to the seats? Yes, I know about the whole "stand for your elders" thing. But at ages 5 and 3, my kids are far less likely to get hurt, or inadvertently hurt someone else, if they're seated. If I'm by myself in a crowded place, I will stand and offer my seat to a lady, or an elderly gentleman. But if I'm with my kids -- not a chance.

As for your third point . . . if you want to punish someone for this new policy, punish the at-fault party, namely RCI management, by withholding your business -- and telling them why. It is patently unfair to punish someone who is in no way responsible for setting policy.

Not everyone would stand and give their seat to someone who needs it. And I'm sure there are parents who will also think their kids "deserve" a seat and will stand by and watch a pax with a walker try and balance a drink and a snack, rather than ask their kids to stand and give that person a seat.

I agree with the poster who pointed out that it is a mere 3 1/2 hours that kids aren't allowed in the CL. But of course it is during that 3 1/2 hours that free booze is served and some parents obviously groused about missing out because they had to stay with their own kids. I highly doubt this new policy arose because parents couldn't bear to be parted from their offspring.:rolleyes:

I've also written to AG..and will most certainly let the Concierge know that if I am denied a seat, if I desire one, in the CL because someone has their kids in the room, that his/her tip will reflect my displeasure. They manage the room and if they see someone who needs seating and who can't find any they should do something to get them accomodated, even if it means asking a kid to get up.

"Dagnabbit kids.... GET OFF MY LAWN... think you're so smart with your MTV and your rock-n-roll music...."

Sounds like it's time for some folks to move on to Cunard or Holland America for their vacationing pleasures.

-germ

LOL....I can hear my Dad!!!

Just a few thoughts:

I believe if passengers in suites want to bring their children into the CL they should be allowed to do so. I can see why they would complain about it.

I don't like the new policy, but I can see why it was changed.

However, I don't expect a bunch of wild children every time I step into the CL. If there are noisy and disruptive kids there, it's the Concierge's responsibility to ask them to leave, and it only takes a few people complaining about noisy kids to have it happen. A Concierge has the job becasue they can handle situations like this. I would also ask the Concierge what time the noisy bunch leave, and adjust my happy hour to when they aren't there. We always have late seating anyway.

Also, if there are a lot of D+, Suite guest, and Suite guest children, then they will provide an overflow lounge. They do it all the time all over the fleet.

-germ

Not at all. Nowhere near time for me. And I've got people on this very thread who can vouch for me! ;) And preferring an adult atmosphere doesn't make anyone an old prude, it simply makes them an adult who prefers like company.

I've also written to AG..and will most certainly let the Concierge know that if I am denied a seat, if I desire one, in the CL because someone has their kids in the room, that his/her tip will reflect my displeasure. They manage the room and if they see someone who needs seating and who can't find any they should do something to get them accomodated, even if it means asking a kid to get up.

The rules may not be what we like but they are the rules why punish the Concierge? If the Concierge does not allow you to take a drink out of the lounge does your tip relfect it or is that rule ok?

If an adult comes into the lounge and there are no seats should the Concierge ask you to get up? I would think not.

Not at all. Nowhere near time for me. And I've got people on this very thread who can vouch for me! ;) And preferring an adult atmosphere doesn't make anyone an old prude, it simply makes them an adult who prefers like company.

You are a goddess and a wild and crazy one at that. I can vouch for you. LOL

I'll drink to that!

Gina

Come to think of it, we would be the disruptive children they'd want to kick out of the lounge on those lines. :D

Gina

Archived