is there a cost for the flow rider?

cruz guy

This has likely been discussed before, and so I apologize if this has been one of those questions that is asked over and over.

Is there an extra charge for the flow rider? I had thought it was free like the rock climbing wall and mini golf, but my sister in law says there is a charge...so we need some help to clear this up.

Thanks

To expand on Rose's comments, there is advantage to signing up for lessons. You get put into a smaller group (I think of 8 people) so you get more time on the FlowRider. I signed up for a lesson when I was on the Oasis of the Seas last year and it was really enjoyable.

Of course, if you use the FlowRider in the early hours when it first opens, you'll also get plenty of time on there and then it's free.

This has likely been discussed before, and so I apologize if this has been one of those questions that is asked over and over.

This question has been asked a billion times in the past. Use the search feature next time or go to the RCL website.

Ouch !.....I guess he told you....whew. To be honest with ya there is a way to pay for it if ya want. I'm not 100% sure, but I beleive you can rent it for like ??? $300/Hr if you'd like. (I think I read that somewhere) that way you "own" it for that period and you and whoever you designate can go on there.

This question has been asked a billion times in the past. Use the search feature next time or go to the RCL website.

Really? :rolleyes:

They are free to ask what they want just as you are free to not read the post.

And you should try the search function before you are rude to others. Mine only pulls up posts from the last week or so. Nothing older shows up so even if its been asked a million times they wouldn't find it. Please point me to a thread that hasn't been asked before. I bet you can't find even a handful out of the tons that are here.

Something about being able to hide behind a computer gives people the courage that they otherwise wouldn't have to be nasty. It runs rampant on CC.

Really? :rolleyes:

They are free to ask what they want just as you are free to not read the post.

And you should try the search function before you are rude to others. Mine only pulls up posts from the last week or so. Nothing older shows up so even if its been asked a million times they wouldn't find it. Please point me to a thread that hasn't been asked before. I bet you can't find even a handful out of the tons that are here.

Something about being able to hide behind a computer gives people the courage that they otherwise wouldn't have to be nasty. It runs rampant on CC.

So true....

I do a search before asking a question. Problem is that the search only allows a search on a limited number of words its hard to narrow a search down if you have a very specific question that has not been posted recently. When I did a search I ended up with only more recent mentions of the flow rider and ended up with threads that mentioned flow rider but did not mention if there was a cost.

Like another poster said if you don't want to deal with the question asked, then don't read or respond.

I greatly appreciate the kindness of everyone who did respond. Thank you.

Plenty of us are more than happy to answer the question. You always have the option to just close the thread or not open it in the first place. The title of the thread pretty much gave away the subject.

Criminy, did you not get your fiber before you posted? As someone who will be taking a first cruise, I find it anything but irritating that people ask the same thing that has been answered. This website has posts going back years and years and sometimes the question that has been asked and answered repeatedly does not come up on the search database or you don't run across it. Thank you to those of you kind enough to have the good sense to just answer the question instead of being a big fat grouch about it. People like this gentleman chase away newbies as they are afraid to ask anything for fear of getting the above response so lighten up!

Wow! Your response was absolute, utterly, totally, RUDE!!! If your posts can't be constructive or informative, please restrict them to the posts asking "Can I wear jeans in the dining room?" That one has been asked billions of times and I haven't seen you reply to it.

It doesn't matter how much experience you have surfing, wakeboarding, snowboarding, skateboarding, etc. The (stand up) flowrider will humble you and make you look like a total novice.

IMO, it's a novelty with a long line and little reward. If you're lucky, you'll get about a 5 second stand up ride and you won't injure yourself when you fall. Sign the waiver and good luck to you! :)

I do a search before asking a question. Problem is that the search only allows a search on a limited number of words its hard to narrow a search down if you have a very specific question that has not been posted recently. When I did a search I ended up with only more recent mentions of the flow rider and ended up with threads that mentioned flow rider but did not mention if there was a cost.

Like another poster said if you don't want to deal with the question asked, then don't read or respond.

I greatly appreciate the kindness of everyone who did respond. Thank you.

Thanks for the question. I juat leaened how to try to use the search, but more ofteb than not I dont get the right answer and this was one of my groups ???? thanks again Gail:D:D

It doesn't matter how much experience you have surfing, wakeboarding, snowboarding, skateboarding, etc. The (stand up) flowrider will humble you and make you look like a total novice.

IMO, it's a novelty with a long line and little reward. If you're lucky, you'll get about a 5 second stand up ride and you won't injure yourself when you fall. Sign the waiver and good luck to you! :)

I have been on ships where some of the teens seemed to live for the Flowrider. Early in the week the lines would be short and by the end of the week the lines would get much longer because these kids were getting much better and the staff pretty much lets you go until you fall. Then it is the next person's turn.

I have been on ships where some of the teens seemed to live for the Flowrider. Early in the week the lines would be short and by the end of the week the lines would get much longer because these kids were getting much better and the staff pretty much lets you go until you fall. Then it is the next person's turn.

On our first Freedom cruise in 08 there was an older gentleman from Miami who sailed the Freedom quite frequently. From what he told us he was the Freedom surfing (standing not bodyboarding) champ. Went up and watched him one day, very impressive!

Ok there has been a little mis-information here. My child is one that lives on the Flowrider the entire week. I'm not sure if prices have increased but these were the charges as of a couple of weeks ago.

Unrestricted open hours on the flow rider - Free. This is most of the time the flowrider is open.

Advanced Flowriding - The first hour in the morning and sometimes an hour in the afternoon. This is also free. This is limited to stand-up surfing for people that can start themselves without help from the Sports Staff. The line is much shorter, but you must be able to start by yourself.

Group Lessons - These are scheduled during normally closed hours. Groups are limited to less than 8 people and the cost is $60/person. An ok way to get a few extra rides and extra instruction. Usually starts with boogie boarding with a few tries at stand-up.

Rent the Flowrider without Instruction - This is $300/hour for as many people as you want. Instruction is supposed to be limited, not intended for first time riders. A good option after you have taken Group lessons. If you want to do stand-up you should be able to start yourself before renting the flowrider. These are scheduled during normally closed hours.

Rent the Flowrider with Instruction - This is $480/hr. This iis for as many people as you want with complete instruction. A better option for a large family than group lessons. These are scheduled during normally closed hours.

We ususally rent the flowrider a couple of times during the week and split the $300 cost with one or two other advanced riders.

Archived