carnival stops at ground zero

snoopy122

the carnival miracle scheduled its deparutre late so it passangers could see the lighting of the tower it stoped for 20 minn off shore of ground zero did your cruise line do that for its passangers NO just showes who really cares about its passangers

Carnival deviated the course of the Liberty for us to watch the volcanic eruption on Stromboli. It is a very active volcano but the year we traveled, it was particularly spectacular. My father was on the Legend when she stopped off Cape Canaveral so that the passengers could watch the launch of the Space Shuttle. I have always enjoyed Carnival but I am sure most cruise line Captains would do the same if the opportunity presented itself. Why was this posted on the HAL board?

Carnival delayed it's departure because people on Cruise Critic asked John Heald on his blog and facebook if it could be done. It took some negotiating with HQ, but it was arranged. EM

Exactly. They weren't going to do this but then a group made a special request. This was negotiated quite a bit before it was allowed.

I realize that Carnival and HAL are under the same corporate umbrella...as is Cunard and Princess, also sailing out of NYC. But not sure why you posted a Carnival message on the HAL board??? :rolleyes:

Completely agree. IMHO this is just another of those non-HAL topics that seems to get posted on this board without really needing to be.

the carnival miracle scheduled its deparutre late so it passangers could see the lighting of the tower it stoped for 20 minn off shore of ground zero did your cruise line do that for its passangers NO just showes who really cares about its passangers

While I think that would have been a very poignant moment for all on board, I fail to see why you felt the need to take the opportunity to turn it into a negative post on the HAL board. You must be grasping at straws to find ways to bash HAL.

FYI,

The edit tab disappears after a certain length of time on CC. You have approximately 15 or so minutes to edit a post.

I wrote my post at 10:46. It is now 11:01 and edit tab is still visible to me.

Right - it's 20 minutes.

edited at 16 minutes

edited at 19 minutes

edited at 20 minutes

The OP originally posted this on the NCL and HAL boards, 2 of the lines that sailed from New York that day (not sure why Celebrity was left out) with the exact same wording. It looks like it goth reports and pushback on the NCL board and the moderator deleted the original thread, then the revised version was posted there as a new thread. Aside from the editing issue my question is how could the offending text have been posted "accidentally" except as a bash out of the blue at NCL and HAL.

Roy

Archived