Who else is leaving in Jan, Feb, & March 2006!

Ziggy7

Hi again Ziggy7, "Saint" and I will be on the Coral Princess on 1/3/06 to the Panama Canal. Looking for ideas as to what to do in the Panama Canal "area" as far as excursions go !! Knarf(Frank backwards) and "Saint"(Cathy -my wife)

Hey Doone,

Nice to hear from you. Glad your friends enjoyed the glorious QE2.

How were your back to back HAL cruises. Will you be aboard for the Noordam Maiden Voyage when she sails out of New York next February?

Happy Sails,

Cruiserking

My back to back cruises were spectacular, each one was wonderful. We had absolutely perfect weather each day of each cruise. My two hotel stays in Ft. Lauderdale were perfect.

I will not be on the Noordam's maiden voyage out of New York. I have learned not to sail in the North Atlantic any time of the year. I still prefer to sail from Ft. Lauderdale during Feb. or March months. Its nice to get out of the winter weather with the cold and snow here in New England. I am, however, booked for February 11th on the Volendam with my entire family and some friends, 22 booked so far, come join us!!!!!

Will you be on the Noordam's maiden voyage???

Doone,

The Volendam trip sounds like good fun. I enjoy the convenience of cruising out of New York and not having to fly. I imagine you've had some rough experiences in the North Atlantic.

Curious to give HAL a whirl. Will look into the Volendam trip. More than likely will be aboard for a Noordam voyage somewhere down the line.

Cruiserking

I will be aboard the Statendam for the February 18, 2006 Auckland to Sydney cruise, the March 4, 2006 Sydney to Hong Kong cruise, and the March 20, 2006 Hong Kong to Osaka cruise.

Roll Calls for these three itineraries have been established on the Holland America Roll Call Board.

Join me!

Thanks ziggy for running this thread again. We were on the February 28th Maasdam sailing last week and loved watching your post to see when others joined. Today we booked the Maasdam out of Norfolk once again. We will leave on March 3rd.

[quote name='WISCruiser']WISCruiser

MS Noordam - Maiden Voyage~February 22, 2006 :p
(btw, all 1st pax cruises are considered her Maiden Voyage; all cruises after that for the 1st year are considered Inaugural Cruises).[/QUOTE]
I was so relieved to read the "Mariner Magazine" that arrived today and find the 2/22/2006 Noordam cruise listed as her -Inaugural- cruise (not Maiden) on page 34 under the "At A Glance" heading.

I grew up on ships and thought that I had some understanding of the terminology used in most cases. I had thought the Maiden Voyage would be the one which brought the ship from her point of origin and the Inaugural Cruise would be the first scheduled cruise that carried paying passengers. I was chagrined to be rather unceremoniosly corrected for my faux pas when just The RevNeal and I were listed on that cruise and we both entered it as the INAUGURAL! Now I feel vindicated. Thank you Holland America for sharing in the blunder,.... I guess.
Anyway- Happy cruising everyone, whether it be a Maiden, Inaugural or 900th on whatever ship you choose. They are all wonderful. See you there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived