HAL Brochures - Cruise Atlas

sail7seas

Does anyone here have a copy of the cruise "Atlas" which is supposed to be listings of HAL cruises? I have heard they are available on ships from FCC's but I did not see them on Maasdam in June.

I think it absolutely outrageous that if you don't want to read HAL itineraries on their website, it's just too bad.

What kind of craziness is this?

I cannot get a listing of cruises in order for us to make future bookings. DH has no interest in scrolling through a laptop to find a cruise.

Why do they insist on making it such a nuisance for those of us who want a listing/brochure/booklet....... Anything printed on a piece of paper.

I don't want to spend my energy printing out what they should be supplying?

What next? How do you make sales if you make it hard for people to know what you are selling? :confused:

I am a four star Mariner more than three times over and can't get a copy of the Atlas. Begging seems to be next. Anyone who calls me a HAL cheerleader can note this date and time when I firmly state I am more than aggravated over this issue. I'd love to know why they think this is a good idea. Sure, saves some money but at WHAT cost? Do they have no idea how many cruises they have sold because either DH or DW left a pretty brochure sitting on the coffee table or kitchen counter and spouse got the 'power of suggestion'.

It is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. You have to beg a company to show you what they are selling?

GREAT for those who breeze along on the HAL site. I don't and I don't want to.

I just want to see where and how we can spend our money on more cruises. :eek:

Maybe you could email Mariner Society and ask them to mail you a paper copy?

The Cruise Atlas for 2012 /2013 is available as a PDF file at
Yes, but then she'd have to use her own paper, ink, and time to get a "loose leaf" paper copy.

The Cruise Atlas for 2012 /2013 is available as a PDF file at (http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-destinations/EBrochures.action)

I am aware it is on the HAL site.

I refuse to do their publishing for them.

I don't want to run around their site.

They should be able to send information to people who want to book cruises. We should not have to go searching to learn what they are selling. I have requested a copy time and again and that is what I want. I do not want to research their site. I don't even want to go there more than I must. My choice.

For those who find it convenient, hats off to you.

Absolutely no one here needs to agree with me.

It is how I feel and it burns me up.

There are limits and this is over the limit, for me.

My last Planner is for 2011-2012. I went into the HAL website to request one, but it isn't even listed under the brochures! Sure appears that they don't want me booking.

A little over a year ago I had 5 cruises booked. As of right now I don't have any cruises booked for 2012. That's because they aren't courting my business. No Planner (which, yes, is supposed to be a perq of being a 4* Mariner), no e-mails, no snail mail from HAL.

I truly understand your angst, Sail.

I do know that one of the cruise magazines I receive comes with brochures on occasion, and the next Planner is supposed to come. Some day.

Thank you for understanding, Ruth.

We all have 'our thing' and this is :o one of mine.

It burns me up I'm supposed to research and work in order to find a cruise to buy.

We have nothing booked past Canada/New England for next summer and we didn't need a cruise Atlas for that. For us to not have 4 or 5 cruises booked is ONLY because I can't be bothered fiddling around looking for itineraries.

I'd even be willing to pay for one. What a concept. Buying a catalog of what a company is selling in order to do business with them. :eek:

My last Planner is for 2011-2012. I went into the HAL website to request one, but it isn't even listed under the brochures!
Apparently they're now calling it a "Cruise Atlas", and the very last one at the link Padraic gave is for 2012-2013. But I see no way there to request a paper copy to be mailed.

Sail

I can understand your frustration. IMHO it does seem that HAL may be taking your loyalty for granted rather than bending over backward to keep your business. I'm not sure if the link below wil help, but it seems you can request that HAL send you a paper brochure by completing the info in this link:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/contactUs/RequestBrochure.action

Good luck and Happy Sailing

I expressed the same frustration a few months back. :( The only answer I got was "print it yourself".....wrong answer in my humble opinion.

I consider myself fairly computer savvy and this has nothing to do with the computer. I want to continue to receive the cruise planner hardcopy, and the computer alternative doesn't cut it for us either......:rolleyes:

HAL has made a good amount of money from that publication in my house in the past as well.

Sail7Seas,

I completely understand your wish for a brochure.

I have no wish to spend hours trawling through the HAL website, with it's " page expiring messages", looking for a suitable cruise.

DH needs to see and read the paper brochure. He certainly does not have time after work to sift through the HAL website.

He needs to come home from work, pick up the brochure and see a relaxing holiday itinerary.

Harley57,

Thank you for the link to the brochure request site.

I will request a brochure, but am not hopeful it will be mailed out, as when

I contacted the Mariner Society to ask for a Mariner magazine, was informed that the magazine is not mailed out ( seems that it is only mailed to US and Canada.)

Sail ... you have every right to be frustrated and angry. When the new Mariner Society program was announced, HAL indicated clearly that two-star and above were to receive a Planner/Atlas. There was no asterisk indicating that we all were entitiled to an e-edition that we could print ourselves. I think HAL is falling short on promises made to Mariners ... well, and that includes the spotty offering of the embarkation lunch and their current effort to empty the tile warehosue by giving old (and perhaps duplicate) tiles rather than distributing a fresh series each year.

If HAL would rather spend their time, money and energy pitching 3rd and 4th free to fill the ships rather than court their loyal (many of whom book suites) passengers ... they're missing the boat.

Perhaps it's time for HAL either to fulfill the promises made, or to rework the Mariner program yet again. I understand HAL claims they do all sorts of green things ... but this smells of cheap rather than green.

And, yes, we've been frustrated enough with various elements of HAL's operation that we've taken our business elsewhere. We do have one outstanding Future Cruise Deposit which we will use rather than lose ... but after that, we're history. I think HAL is missing out on the right way to treat loyal customers (we're three-star) and focusing more on courting new business.

Thank you for understanding, Ruth.

We all have 'our thing' and this is :o one of mine.

It burns me up I'm supposed to research and work in order to find a cruise to buy.

We have nothing booked past Canada/New England for next summer and we didn't need a cruise Atlas for that. For us to not have 4 or 5 cruises booked is ONLY because I can't be bothered fiddling around looking for itineraries.

I'd even be willing to pay for one. What a concept. Buying a catalog of what a company is selling in order to do business with them. :eek:

HAL is not seeing the big picture! You have every right to be frustrated.

Gail

I also want a cruise planner, brochure, atlas or whatever that I can leaf through, compare itineraries, and locate cruises I'd love to take and one or more of which I'll probably book. I do most of my reading online and with e-books, but for cruise planning I still want the brochure printed on paper and in my hands. In addition the online cruise atlas is very hard to read - the print is too small for me to read unless enlarged, but the enlarged page is too big to fit on the computer screen.

Whether in UK or Spain, we get our brochures from a travel agent. Sometimes we have to ask for the agent to get them as HAL is not a top selling line in Europe.

Our complaint is that here in Europe we get the brochure quite a while after the information is available in US or online. This can sometimes mean we miss out on the most popular cabins.

Does anyone here have a copy of the cruise "Atlas" which is supposed to be listings of HAL cruises? I have heard they are available on ships from FCC's but I did not see them on Maasdam in June.

I think it absolutely outrageous that if you don't want to read HAL itineraries on their website, it's just too bad.

What kind of craziness is this?

I cannot get a listing of cruises in order for us to make future bookings. DH has no interest in scrolling through a laptop to find a cruise.

Why do they insist on making it such a nuisance for those of us who want a listing/brochure/booklet....... Anything printed on a piece of paper.

I don't want to spend my energy printing out what they should be supplying?

What next? How do you make sales if you make it hard for people to know what you are selling? :confused:

Judy, I was given a copy of the HAL "Cruise Atlas 2012 - 2013" brochure from my B & M T/A several weeks ago! :) At that time he indicated that he did not think that HAL would be producing/printing any more of them! :( It is a gorgeous, detailed 211 page brochure! :D He had several copies in his office for distribution to his clients! :)

I am not about to spend time printing out pages and pages of various cruises for DH to look through.

As of right now I have a brochure from Princess - that was sent to us -- and we are looking at a couple of cruises that interest us.

I,too, received a Cruise Atlas from Princess. I do like looking at the itineraries while watching TV, etc.

I requested a Cruise Atlas from HAL when it first appeared on the website. I called at that time and requested a one. I was told I would receive it within 3-4 weeks. It has been much longer than that... I have not received anything.

B

I'm not sure if the link below wil help, but it seems you can request that HAL send you a paper brochure by completing the info in this link:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/contactUs/RequestBrochure.action

Nice try, but no, that link does not work. As I posted earlier, and just tried again, that link takes you to a page where you can request two (and only two) specific brochures, but the Planner/Atlas is not one of them.

I neither need, nor want, any of the other brochures. If I have the Planner I can find all the cruises offered, with all of the information I need. If the lack of the Planner is a cost-saving measure, then think of how much could be saved if it were the only brochure published.

Isn't this interesting. While I was reading this thread, an email came in from HAL. Mariner Society Cruise News, Fall 2011. Included is a link to Mariner Rewards. http://media.hollandamerica.com/mariner-news/2011/fall/docs/RewardsChart-US_CAD_090310.pdf

Right there, second from the top is "Annual Cruise Planner". It's totally misleading when they aren't actually sending those out.

Thank you all for joining in.

I was hoping I was not being unreasonable in an expectation HAL could manage to let us have a Cruise Planner so we could PLAN CRUISES. :rolleyes:

Seems there are many of us who want it and can't seem to get one. We've had abougt 72 cruises with HAL and they are not making it pleasant or easy to add to that number.

Archived