Prisendam Cabins I 228-234

Kay240

I noticed these cabins appear to be larger than the others in category "I". The description for Category "I" says it cannot be made into a King size bed, but it appears that these six inside cabins can. Does anyone have photos or can share information about these cabins?

Thanks!

If you go to Joanie's Sticky at the top of the baord, entitled "photos of Cabins/Staterooms" you will find this info:

http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Prinsendam/index.html

Thanks, but I have looked at Joanie's wonderful information a few times and there doesn't seem to be any of the four LARGE "I" cabins on the Promanade Deck. I have been looking on several sites and all the photos and diagrams are of the regular "I", with two perpendicular single beds.

Since the legend on that specific deck lists the I-cabins as separate, I would take that as the way it is.

I have seen legends change for different decks (same category) when the features of the cabin changed on that different deck.

Take a look at the inside doubles on Dolphin Deck. They are listed as having separate beds. I once saw them with the beds together. There was no room to move around the bed! There was barely inches not only on the sides, but at the foot of the bed, too. The whole room was "bed" with no place for anything else (including people).

It's quite possible that the I-cabins on Promenade would be the same.

I GOOGLED in hopes of finding specific information on cabins I- 228, 230, 232, and 234. All of them had the same generic photo and diagram for category "I" that is on the HAL site. The site that was the most promising, showed that INSIDE category "I" was very roomy, had a verandah... and was SY!!:eek: Really, that was the photo right next to the word "inside"...

In desperation I phoned HAL, knowing from CC that often a variety of different answers may be provided for the same question. I was told those cabins are 237sq. ft.;)

I would still love to hear from someone who stayed in one of these cabins.

If you look at the bottom right of the deck description it states that not all furniture configurations are the same. If there is a symbol on the stateroom, it is different. I cannot tell for sure what the symbol is but I think it is an open circle which would indicate a triple, two lower beds and a sofa bed. Maybe you can call HAL again and ask what the symbol means.

I GOOGLED in hopes of finding specific information on cabins I- 228, 230, 232, and 234. All of them had the same generic photo and diagram for category "I" that is on the HAL site. The site that was the most promising, showed that INSIDE category "I" was very roomy, had a verandah... and was SY!!:eek: Really, that was the photo right next to the word "inside"...

In desperation I phoned HAL, knowing from CC that often a variety of different answers may be provided for the same question. I was told those cabins are 237sq. ft.;)

I would still love to hear from someone who stayed in one of these cabins.

Those I-category cabins on the Prinsendam are among those that have been retro-fitted to her a year or so ago. These cabins, according to the deck plans, look huge. But, I wouldn't expect them to be too large. They might well be larger than the other inside cabins ... but, until someone "takes one for the team" and actually sails in one of those cabins and posts photos for us to look at, we'll not know how they're configured.

Archived