Elite status evening social hour

twonpcb

So my wife and I walk into a bar, and the bartender turns to us and asks, 'what we want?', and I say, 'my wife will have a coke and I'll take a coffee - black, no sugar'....and the bartender says, 'What are you, Welsh??'....hahahaha. I just crack myself up.

Den

Denny, that was pretty funny. I'm sorry some took it as personal or racist. It must be this politically incorrect society we live in. Having met you on a couple of cruises, I know there's not a racist bone in your body.

Cheers!!!!

Originally Posted by WELSH WIZARDS

Strangely, I do not find your remark to be in the least bit amusing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

jagoffee.....

Not even a little especially since you just incorrectly told everyone that they could not get a coke[ Quote Jjagoffee ].

======================================================

Why would these personal and racist remark amuse me. ?

Why would my making an error and incorrectly telling everyone they could not get a coke amuse me. ?

I am very sorry that I inadvertently posted misinformation, and others have kindly and politely corrected my mistake , for which I thank them.

This is what CC members do.

I did not realize that the original joke was racist in anyway. I still do not understand why it is racist, but I certainly apologize for making another joke about it.

I did not realize that the original joke was racist in anyway. I still do not understand why it is racist, but I certainly apologize for making another joke about it.

I sincerely accept , and appreciate , your apology and the fact that you did. :)

It's good to see good manners and respect for others alive and well on Cruise Critics.

I do not intend to post on this thread again, as it could degenerate into something ugly, and detract from the question posted by the original poster, twonpcb, and this I have no desire to do.

From the Celebrity website, Captain's Club FAQ

Who has access to the Captain's Club Lounge?

Subject: Loyalty Program/Captains Club

All Elite members, their spouses and/or stateroom companions over 21 years old are welcome in the Captain's Club Lounge.

In order to maintain an exclusive and intimate setting we ask that all members adhere to this policy.

I sincerely accept , and appreciate , your apology and the fact that you did. :)

It's good to see good manners and respect for others alive and well on Cruise Critics.

I do not intend to post on this thread again, as it could degenerate into something ugly, and detract from the question posted by the original poster, twonpcb, and this I have no desire to do.

Please reconsider not posting...my 'joke' was to just lighten up the discussion and was in no way meant to put you or the Welsh down. I apologize. It's always tricky to communicate via the typed word where you do not see expressions or hear how the words would be said.

If someone offends you or you think a post is inappropriate, there is a red triangle at the top right of each post you can use to alert the Reviewers and post your concern. That post is only seen by the staff.

Hope you continue to enjoy this very handy asset to cruising.

Den

Please reconsider not posting...my 'joke' was to just lighten up the discussion and was in no way meant to put you or the Welsh down. I apologize. It's always tricky to communicate via the typed word where you do not see expressions or hear how the words would be said.

If someone offends you or you think a post is inappropriate, there is a red triangle at the top right of each post you can use to alert the Reviewers and post your concern. That post is only seen by the staff.

Hope you continue to enjoy this very handy asset to cruising.Den

image.jpg?name=MALY0204.jpg&sz=200&src=fi&crop=n.....apology gratefully accepted...CoolClips_wb022209.gif.....as you see ... I am back already. :D;)

Am I interpreting correctly? Our 28 year old daughter will be sharing a room with us on an Alaska cruise next year. My husband and I are both elite, but our daughter is not, although she has cruised Celebrity before. Will we be allowed to have her accompany us to Elite breakfast and cocktails?

From the Celebrity Captain's Club website FAQ

If I'm an Elite and my traveling companion is not, will they be able to join me in Michael's Club?

Elite members and their spouses or those traveling with them in the same stateroom will be able to join them in the Captain's Club Lounge.

Am I interpreting correctly? Our 28 year old daughter will be sharing a room with us on an Alaska cruise next year. My husband and I are both elite, but our daughter is not, although she has cruised Celebrity before. Will we be allowed to have her accompany us to Elite breakfast and cocktails?

As cruisestitch posted just above: Yes, she can join you.

From the Celebrity website, Captain's Club FAQ

Who has access to the Captain's Club Lounge?

All Elite members, their spouses and/or stateroom companions over 21 years old are welcome in the Captain's Club Lounge.

In order to maintain an exclusive and intimate setting we ask that all members adhere to this policy.

From the Celebrity Captain's Club website FAQ

If I'm an Elite and my traveling companion is not, will they be able to join me in Michael's Club?

Elite members and their spouses or those traveling with them in the same stateroom will be able to join them in the Captain's Club Lounge.

Looks like we were posting at the same time!

What if the daughter had her own cabin? Would she still be welcome?

You have seen the answer from the FAQ. Any deviation from the policy would be at the permission of the Captain's Club host/hostess.

Agreed - however I would be very surprised if the CC Host did not allow a son /daughter to join you - but then again, you never know.

No, as mentioned several times above, the Elite benefits are extended as a courtesy to those traveling in the SAME cabin and are 21 or older.

Very interesting. So, if you pay more, so that your adult child can have his/her own cabin, it is not allowed, yet if you pay only for a 3rd person in cabin, it is allowed!

Very interesting. So' date=' if you pay more, so that your adult child can have his/her own cabin, it is not allowed, yet if you pay only for a 3rd person in cabin, it is allowed![/quote']

I think it is very nice of Celebrity to extend this courtesy. Think about it. If you have an Elite member traveling and say they just got married and the new husband or wife has never cruised Celebrity, the Elite member wouldn't want to go to Michael's Club by themselves. Celebrity extends the courtesy.

If you open it up to my adult child wants to go but is in a separate cabin, where does it stop? Then it becomes, my elderly parents, my cousin, my BIL, my neighbor, my almost-legal stepson, etc. You have to draw the line somewhere.

I think it is very nice of Celebrity to extend this courtesy. Think about it. If you have an Elite member traveling and say they just got married and the new husband or wife has never cruised Celebrity, the Elite member wouldn't want to go to Michael's Club by themselves. Celebrity extends the courtesy.

If you open it up to my adult child wants to go but is in a separate cabin, where does it stop? Then it becomes, my elderly parents, my cousin, my BIL, my neighbor, my almost-legal stepson, etc. You have to draw the line somewhere.

I beg to differ! You are more likely to have your 21 year old child in the same cabin than any of the others you mentioned!

cruisestitch, thank you for pointing out the purpose of the Elite status.

The passengers with the 21-year-old daughter in a separate cabin may be able to make a switch in their reservation so that she is in the cabin with one of the parents, and the second parent is in the separate cabin. Then she would be allowed in.

I beg to differ! You are more likely to have your 21 year old child in the same cabin than any of the others you mentioned!

I was referring to the "having an adult child in a separate cabin," meaning so and so is in a different cabin so why can't they come to Michael's Club with me?"

Archived