New Year's Eve cruise...

DonnaK

We did the December 27, 2010 NYE cruise on Enchantment and it was wonderful. The ship was decorated and the Centrum Area had a magical Christmas Display.

They dropped balloons that were bagged on Deck 8 down through the Centrum at midnight. There was complimentary champagne being handed out.

On NY Day in the WJ, they had a long table set up at each entrance and there they had hard candies and nuts for the taking. Was told it was some sort of tradition.

We did NYE on radiance last year, and are doing NYE on Jewel this year. It's a marvelous cruise experience. Everything is decorated for christmas, there's a special menu in the MDR on NYE, a baloon drop and champagne at midnight, and parties all over the ship. The pool party alone was worth the price:)

NYD was a sea day, and there was no problem at all getting a poolside chair until almost noon (a lot of parties ran waaaaaay into the wee hours);)

I think we had a special menu last year on Serenade but i forget...they did have a cute little dessert with a chocolate clock!

Huge party in the centrum....decorations...and a LOT of champagne...they

had poured LOTS and at the end as people were leaving they were shoving glasses into your hands!!:eek::p i probably took 4 back to the cabin...(you have 2 hands miss, you can carry 4!! really! :D)

My late husband and I sailed on many New Year's cruises, mostly on Royal Caribbean.

The Christmas decorations are beautiful with a large Christmas tree and a Christmas village as you enter the Windjammer Cafe to the right. An other tree is on the Royal Promenade, and on New Year's eve the champagne is flowing freely.

We have sailed mostly in the Caribbean or Hawaii for New Year's, and on our Hawaii cruise we were cruising along the shore of Honoluly and watched the fireworks, while the ochestra played Glenn Miller tunes, that we danced to and drank champagne.

It will be too cool for that this year on the Explorer, but we'll have fun on the Royal Promenade.

I'm sailing on the 12/30 cruise on the Explorer as well, and I'm looking forward to it.

Ginnie

Sounds really nice. I have my eye on this one and hope to do a last minute boking on Explorer if all goes well.

DonnaK-maybe another LI'er will hopefuly be joining you!!!;)

Keep checking prices. We got a rate for this cruise that we couldn't refuse. They were running NYS resident rates and they currently have a C&A coupon discount.

Keep checking prices. We got a rate for this cruise that we couldn't refuse. They were running NYS resident rates and they currently have a C&A coupon discount.

I cannot see the discount :eek:

Last I looked (recently) they were still running res rate discounts. If you do a dummy booking without your state of res and with it and you will a different figure - also "exclusive rate" will show up. Hope you join us!

We did NYE on radiance last year, and are doing NYE on Jewel this year. It's a marvelous cruise experience. Everything is decorated for christmas, there's a special menu in the MDR on NYE, a baloon drop and champagne at midnight, and parties all over the ship. The pool party alone was worth the price:)

NYD was a sea day, and there was no problem at all getting a poolside chair until almost noon (a lot of parties ran waaaaaay into the wee hours);)

We were booked on the Jewel for this NYE until we found that a nine night NYE cruise on Navigator was available for basically the same price. As much as we love the Jewel, it was a no-brainer for us and two other couples who are sailing with us. An NYE cruise has long been on my bucket list and finally we are going to do one. :)

Will do!! Just paid off my Voyager cruise yesterday so now will move on to the the NYE saving and hope I can pull off one of those last minute bookings!!!:eek: Nice to know no airfare worries!!

We were booked on the Jewel for this NYE until we found that a nine night NYE cruise on Navigator was available for basically the same price. As much as we love the Jewel, it was a no-brainer for us and two other couples who are sailing with us. An NYE cruise has long been on my bucket list and finally we are going to do one. :)

Would that we could, but timing just didn't work out with our schedules this year. We have NYE2012 booked on FOS.

I cannot see the discount :eek:

If you go into C&A special offers, the coupon is there. It expires on Sept 30 (final payment for this cruise is Oct 1 because it is considered a holiday sailing). It cannot be combined with the resident discount, so you'll need to choose whichever is the better offer. (When we booked onboard Allure, the NYS resident discount was actually more than the regular price the cruise consultant gave us, so we were able to add the coupon on).

Archived