Back from Eurodam Canada/New England Sept 10-20 cruise

canadianbear

Just wanted to say our family enjoyed ourselves immensely aboard the Eurodam. For the 3 of us we had cabin SS 6088-our son said the couch that made up into a bed was very comfortable. I had been worried about the size of the cabin as the previous two times we have cruised (there were 4 of us at that time) was in the deluxe verandah on the Ryndam but this cabin was more than enough for the 3 of us.

We had one rough night and sea day when hurricane Maria left some high waves for us but the Eurodam handled it just fine. I even had a pedicure that sea day but a lot of people canceled their spa appointments due to being ill. I sat watching the rolling seas in a very quiet spa!

The one thing that keeps bringing us back is the food-it is amazing. I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I had lobster thermidor and filet mignon in the main dining room. We were never disappointed.

We also tried the Tamarand for supper and I was worried I wouldn't like anything but it was delicious. Ate at the Canaletto for the first time as well and booked it twice during this cruise-awesome meals. Also tried the Pinnacle for dinner for the first time and 4 out of 5 of us really liked it. (My sister-in-law and her husband were also on this cruise). My husband was disappointed as his lamb was overcooked but was told to "suck it up honey". :o (yes, that was me that told him to do that!)

Personally, I did discover for me that it was too port intensive. (9 out of 10 days we were in ports) so now I know the next cruise will have more sea days. Speaking of that, we put down our deposit for a 22 day Panama Canal repositioning cruise in 2013-lots of sea days to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary.

We did the unlimited laundry for $91 and it was SO worth it. Did not ever use it when we were in the deluxe verandah suites when it was included (figures) as we were only gone a week then. However, this time we had spent 4 nights in New York prior to the cruise so when we got on the ship we wanted laundry done so this was perfect. All came back nicely folded or hung on hangers-very impressed.

I always rave about the crew on the ships we have been on and this was no exception. The staff are truly wonderful. We had as you wish dining and after the first time in the main dining room liked out server so much we always requested his section when we dined there.

Thanks everyone-nice to hear people appreciate a little review, I know I do!

I like to hear about everyone's experience whether good or bad on various ships so that I can make up my own mind if I want to try it or not. I was nervous about not liking the Eurodam because I was a bit intimidated by the size but, boy, it's beautiful! I hope I won't be disappointed when on the Zuideram in April 2013-we had the choice of the Statendam as well but so far (and we can change it) we are sticking with the Zuiderdam.

PS

I had lobster rolls in several ports and the best clam chowder soup in Bar Harbor at Stewman's lobster just at the pier.:)

Archived