Cost of parking at Port Canaveral

TWELVEOHONE

Beginning Oct. 1, the Canaveral Port Authority will begin charging Guests for parking for each day their vehicle is in the lot/garage. This includes the day of arrival and day of departure. The rate remains $15 per day. Below is breakdown per cruise:

• 3-night cruise $60

• 4-night cruise $75

• 5-night cruise $90

• 7-night cruise $120

Wow -

I never bothered with any shuttle or hotel provided transportation for a short cruise. Perhaps now it is worth it. I read there is also an off site parking facility. Wonder if they charge the extra day.

M

There is an off-site lot just before you cross the first bridge out to the port (on the left side of the 528). I believe it is $7-8/day, and they shuttle you to the terminal and back. Don't remember the name.

There is an off-site lot just before you cross the first bridge out to the port (on the left side of the 528). I believe it is $7-8/day, and they shuttle you to the terminal and back. Don't remember the name.

We saw that lot in August. Wonder how many parking days they count for the 3 night cruise? Anyone have any first hand experience using this lot?

Thanks.

M

Wow -

I never bothered with any shuttle or hotel provided transportation for a short cruise. Perhaps now it is worth it. I read there is also an off site parking facility. Wonder if they charge the extra day.

M

The Off Site parking next to the Last Chance Deli (Last Exit off the Beach Line before the port turn off) just increased their fees from 6.99 to 7.99 a day. Don't know how they compute each stay.

Beginning Oct. 1, the Canaveral Port Authority will begin charging Guests for parking for each day their vehicle is in the lot/garage. This includes the day of arrival and day of departure. The rate remains $15 per day. Below is breakdown per cruise:

• 3-night cruise $60

• 4-night cruise $75

• 5-night cruise $90

• 7-night cruise $120

Just curious where you found this info. There is nothing on the Port's website that indicates any changes in the existing parking policy ($15/night)

I was just thinking how convenient it has been for us since we started staying at one of the Hotels that provide Park and Cruise. They are fast, waiting on you when you arrive and you've had a night to sleep, have breakfast and walk outside to be carried to the port and your luggage unloaded straight into the hands of the porters...and the one night stay is less than the parking fee.

For a 3 night we’ve always parked at the port. We like the convenience of getting in the car and hitting the road for the 7 hr. drive home. Seven nights or longer – we generally leave the car at a hotel and take some sort of shuttle. I have a 3 night coming up and $60 to park seems outrageous. I guess $45 is my price point.

Also - sometimes we get a later start and need to spend the night 100 miles or so from the port. We'll drive the last 90 minutes and park at the port.

M

The Off Site parking next to the Last Chance Deli (Last Exit off the Beach Line before the port turn off) just increased their fees from 6.99 to 7.99 a day. Don't know how they compute each stay.

It looks like this one computes like the port: 7 day cruise-you pay for 8. Seems to be the trend at this port. I have heard even the hotels have raised some of the rates for the cruise package. Radisson at the port no longer has free parking and shuttle to the port. You have to purchase the cruise package to get this. Last year you could book any rate and get free parking and shuttle. They said they had to change because the port was charging them to enter to drop and pick up people. This was a nice port the depark from. I guess they have to find a way to pay for the new contruction at the port.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1484578

Wow, that's an insane increase. Especially when the parked time is minimal on debarkation morning...I'm sure we'll be out of the parking lot by 8:00 am.

And not only that, they collect from the people coming in for the next cruise. So they collect 2 times for the same time period and parking spot. Once from you and once from the next people :eek:.

Mentioned it to my husband and he said, “no big deal, it is only $15 more.” I guess we’ll just consider it $20 per day for the 3 day cruise. For the $15 extra – we’ll have our car at the port.

We are cruising soon, so I'll report the pricing when I return.

M

It looks like this one computes like the port: 7 day cruise-you pay for 8. Seems to be the trend at this port. I have heard even the hotels have raised some of the rates for the cruise package. Radisson at the port no longer has free parking and shuttle to the port. You have to purchase the cruise package to get this. Last year you could book any rate and get free parking and shuttle. They said they had to change because the port was charging them to enter to drop and pick up people. This was a nice port the depark from. I guess they have to find a way to pay for the new contruction at the port.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1484578

This is what I was going to say! :p I guess they need to keep up with all the other ports.

I debated on the parking at the port or pick a hotel with parking and shuttle. The hotel parking and shuttle was the better deal even before the price increase.

Archived