Mixers!!!???

Archie4

Soda and mixers are part of your "cocktail"...you don't buy them separately... Even if you buy a soda card, that won't reduce the price of a rum and coke, gin and tonic, etc....

The "mixer" is included in the price of the drink.

If you are a 'smuggler' of banned liquids and manage to get them into your room - you can find a way to get 'mixers' you want for your drinks.

Skandls now your talkin my language!! Think if I can get the vod onboard I will be able to sort out the mixers lol!!!!

My initial question was about ordering at a bar but sometimes these threads have a life of their own lol!!!

If you order a G&T or a rum and Coke at a bar, you'll get charged the standard bar price. Having or not having a soda card won't change the price.

Guess this is an appropriate thread to ask this question. I love my Gin and Tonics but have recently switched to DIET tonic with my gin. I have gotten used to the taste and since I usually indulge more on a cruise I would like to stay with the diet version. Anyone know if they have diet tonic onboard?

Thanks.

Kind of a bizarre question.

Not really Matj2000 in bars over here some will give you a splash of your mixer from like from like a hose multi dispenser thingy whilst others will give (and charge you extra for) a bottle or can of your required mixer. If it was the latter I wanted to know if it would have been worth my while getting a soda card. Don't think thats all that bizarre when you understand the 'bar culture' in Northern Ireland.

Last cruise my parents mixed their own drinks from their "supply". For mixer my brother, with soda card, supplied the 7-Up (or Sprite or whatver Lemon-Lime it was). He got one cup and they poured mix from that. Since they don't serve less than a cup quantity (try to get 1/4 cup!) and you don't have to drink every drop we figured it was ethically a little more on the light side of gray - the ethics for "their supply" being another thing entirely. Not same as two people drinking whole cups on one card (stealing) but since he had no intention of drinking all of the minimal possible serving he shared the left over. Even then most of it got dumped.

not bizzare at all. in the rep Ireland very very few, if any bars have mixers on tap. you are charged for a bottle or can of mixer on top of your alcohol. it works out very expensive.

um glad to hear there included in the price of your drink. im wondering, if you order a neat drink, do they charge you less, or is it the same.

not bizzare at all. in the rep Ireland very very few, if any bars have mixers on tap. you are charged for a bottle or can of mixer on top of your alcohol. it works out very expensive.

um glad to hear there included in the price of your drink. im wondering, if you order a neat drink, do they charge you less, or is it the same.

The price is the same. They're charging only for the liquor. I will add; however, that if you order a jagerbomb or vodka & red bull, you will be paying for the liquor AND the can of red bull, but you'll also get the remainder of the can, so you can order just jager or vodka on the next go and use the rest of your can for the mixer.

Maybe if your lucky they will give you an extra wee nip!! lol

Am I right in believing the bar tenders dont use actual drink measures?

God bless them every one!!! lol:D

AMEN.

My favorite story: Last year on the Monarch I gave an extra dollar for every drink I bought on ship. On the second night I had the same bartender in the nightclub and he remembered my drink (Screwdriver w/ Grey Goose) and then proceeded to pour it at about 95% vodka and 5% orange juice. I just looked at him and my exact phrasing was "Damn!" and his response? "Well you're not driving tonight, are you?" "Fine point." He likely saved me some cash since I didn't have to order that many drinks, so I gave him an additional $5 at the end of the night.

Moral of the story? Even a small gesture can make you stand out in a good way :D

We actually had the opposite. Every night after dinner we went to the same bar and had one or more drinks and then ended up watching the show, etc. It was a week long cruise and every night they remembered us and on the last evening, we went in, ordered our drink and gave them a nice tip. Probably 5.00 each, nothing huge - it was two bartenders - same guys each night. They proceeded to give us very strong drinks and I think a free shot or two:D. We were just trying to tip them for being so fun and great all week and they gave us hangovers....Not sure if I am bragging or complainin'

Archived