Buy through TA, online vendor, or direct from cruise company?

M.R.X.

Which would be the best way for a newbie. My wife and I travel frequently, and are planning a simple Christmas time cruise on Celebrity. We want people's recommendations for the best way to - or at least the pros and cons of buying from a Travel Agent, or an online vendor, or direct from the cruise company.

Thanks!

Do you mean Christmas this year?

I think Celebrity does not allow discounting but some TA's will offer perks such as OBC as well as the online booking sites

check carefully to see if there are any problems with the online site ...google is your friend

M.R.X. It is beyond final payment for Christmas sailings. So if there is any bargains they would be now. Although, holiday sailings are usually more expensive than at other times.

I would go on Celebrity web site and see what the price and availability is for the sailing you want.

Then look at a couple of online TA and get their quotes and offers, which might be OBC or other perks.You can do this today. Look at the top of the CC board and find Cruise Deals. It is a start.

Also use the phone # on these sites to talk to a real person for any additional information

I have use online TA's for booking. The only downside is most are located and the East coast and alway have to remember when they are open to take my calls. I just transferred a Celebrity booking to an online TA fro an $250. OBC. Have a wonderful cruise vacation.

Use whoever has the best package (price + bonuses). I get daily emails from people offering great cruises for this fall so they are not sold out. Unfortunately I can't take advantage of them because I am already booked.

To get the deals sign up for emails from the people that you see when you google cruise.

Archived