How often does Grand Cayman get skipped?

Cruising Erin

I'm just curious as to how often Grand Cayman gets skipped. I love the island and just booked another trip with hopes of getting there this time. How many of you have missed it due to weather and the inability to tender?

For me one time out of 10 trips.

We are 1 for 1. Memory seems to tell me is a fairly protected harbor, just not a big pier for docking. I'd guess, but anyone is free to argue or point out any falicy, but I'm guessing unless there is a "named" storm, you will make it.

We were 1 for 1 on Grandeur. Rough waters precluded us from using the usual anchorage and we had to anchor at a different anchorage for tender service. Additionally a good many excursions got cancelled, including our tour of the island. Not sure why since there weren't any activities involving water in ours.

We've missed 2 out of 4 times.

We are 3 for 3. On one of our cruises, the two or three cruises before us did not make it. I believe the reason is high winds and too dangerous for tendering.

Hey Rob&Bonnie -- love your location. I used to go there as a kid and even had the t-shirt. I can actually still pronounce it :)

We have had 100% success. Don't recall the number but it is more than a few. Only one rough tendering where they had to reposition the Jewel after we re-boarded. DW spent the final days of the cruise in a wheel chair due to the hard landing off the ramp.

Archived