Just off Celebrity Millennium - Review

drychi

Thanks for your review. I was a little concerned about the shape of the ship having read some negative reviews. I'll be on a B2B beginning Monday. Can't wait!

PLEASE, PLEASE come back after your cruise and give details on how your turn-around day in Miami went, i.e. was there a special breakfast or lunch for B2B guests, how they handled disembarkation and re-embarkation, etc. It would be much appreciated. I am doing a B2B on her as well (48 days and counting) and it would help greatly!!!! :)

I agree onepug, formal nights are the only time I ever get to play dress up! Everyone, please tell me what is so special about the Olympic? I keep hearing over and over again about how fantastic it is and not to be missed. I'm a newbie to Celebrity:D We've been on 4 cruises, 2 Princess and 2 NCL. DH and I never go to the specialty restaurants to spend more $$ when the food is so good in the MDR. So please tell me about Olympic!!

The Olympic is very nice! We have dined there 6 times...five were to die for, and one was disappointing. I blame the disappointing one on the waiter, and we requested NOT to have him serve us EVER again. The service is usually superb, you willl not want to go back to the MDR! One thing not to be missed... Goat Cheese Souffle!!!! Last year, they kept making us special dinners, ask if they have any specials... you will be happy! If you like flaming things at your table, ask if they will make you Steak Diane. After dinner, the crepe with strawberries and ice cream is awesome, it is made at your table and flamed as well! I'm making myself really hungry...can't wait, we will probably dine there twice next time...:)!

I board in the morning and I'll be back to let you know how it is. I'm betting we'll love Millie like we always have! Can't wait to step onboard.

THANKS for the great review. They are appreciated!

I board in the morning and I'll be back to let you know how it is. I'm betting we'll love Millie like we always have! Can't wait to step onboard.

I'll be very excited to hear your review upon your return. We'll be there in just over two weeks. Enjoy your cruise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Anne, hope you and Andy have a great cruise:) (albeit short;)).

So glad to hear nice things about Millennium! We were on her several years ago and loved her. Did a t/a on Equinox this past May, it was outstanding...so, was excited to see the upgrades going into Millennium in 2012. Love Millennium and the upcoming refurbishment so much just booked a 16 night transpacific, china to Alaska, on her for April/May 2013! Can not wait to sail on her again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
Thanks for the review. I will have the chance to sail on Celebrity soon.

I see you will be on the Celebrity Millennium. Here are two threads that will be very helpful with tons of pictures and loads of reviews:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1523307

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1508486

Have a GREAT cruise!!!

The cch is captain's club host/hostess. And I agree, Maria is terrific.

Any chance you remember the name of the 38 year old captain? Sounds younger than any I have met. Thanks

Anne

Hi Anne,

I think the Captain's Club Host is Lionel. He is new and young -- working hard to please! My wife and I were on the Millennium between Xmas and New Years.

Nice review!

Kel

Hi Anne,

I think the Captain's Club Host is Lionel. He is new and young -- working hard to please! My wife and I were on the Millennium between Xmas and New Years.

Nice review!

Kel

Hi Kelly, Anne is on Eclipse right now:) I will be seeing her on Saturday

though! We are both going on Millennium:D

I see you will be on the Celebrity Millennium. Here are two threads that will be very helpful with tons of pictures and loads of reviews:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1523307

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1508486

Have a GREAT cruise!!!

Hi, I just wanted to thank you for your detailed post about your cruise on the Millenium. It was a wonderful blog that has me very excited about my future cruise. I know I will use your experience to help me with mine. Have a great day.

Hi, I just wanted to thank you for your detailed post about your cruise on the Millenium. It was a wonderful blog that has me very excited about my future cruise. I know I will use your experience to help me with mine. Have a great day.

I am glad you enjoyed it and hope that it was of assistance in planning for your cruise. I am sure you will have a wonderful time! :D:D:D

Archived