Things I don't like about Carnival Cruises

PenguinLife

Most of the music venues turn the volume up WAY too loud!

Kids in the adult areas,,,especially the adult hot tubs. :mad:

Big screen around the main pool (on the ships that have 'em) are WAY too loud!

Tables and tables of junk watches and jewelery in the passageways, so you can hardly get through.

"SKY"

2) No American ESPN or CBS (Real ESPN has football, not cricket playing)

how did i miss cricket on telly last cuise i took? :confused: usually i have radar for that ...

now you've got me hopeful for my next!

3. Homeport on the Great Lakes (Cleveland is centralized).

i'm trying to imagine ... a 12-dayCariibean cruise, with 11 sea days,after all the travel from Cleveland.

I think I'll stick with FLL/MIA etc ... :p

1. I wish they had more alternative dining options. Love the steakhouses, but I'd love more choices.

2. I'd love coffee makers on the room

to those looking for more vegetarian options, you can request Vegetarian meals or Indian Vegetarian meals. Check out the website.

The Indian meals are excellent. Much of the kitchen staff is Indian, so it's authentic and delicious.

Kathryn

Here are my 3 things I don't like about Carnival cruises.

1) It's taking too long to get to my cruise, I wish they would shorten the year.

2) They haven't yet called me for a free cabin upgrade! What, do i have to have the cabin I already chose?!?

3) They need a better jingle or something so I can be humming it abesnt-mindedly while I'm at work.

Oh, as for the OP's 3rd, I can sleep through severe thunderstorms, tornadoes, and earthquakes. I don't think roudy partiers will be a problem.:D

Weird we have the EXACT same complaints.

#1. Hot tubs that are hot.

#2. Past guest parties for maybe (5 or more cruises) that include something a little nice than finger sandwiches, and the waiters not taking so much time with the drinks, so that you might get more than one would be nice.

#3.Better tasting coffee on the lido deck in the morning.

to those looking for more vegetarian options, you can request Vegetarian meals or Indian Vegetarian meals. Check out the website.

The Indian meals are excellent. Much of the kitchen staff is Indian, so it's authentic and delicious.

Kathryn

oh, I agree the Indian's a good choice ... but other than chana masala, the only other protein-based veggie dinner on the MDR menu is the tofu steak.

I'll definitely have the indian veg the night they serve the courgette monstrosity/parmagiana. :)

The music on the lido deck, a steel drum band playing live for caribbean cruises would add so much. That or just knock off the hyper announcements & piped in music if a steel drum band is out of the question. Quiet is nice, nothing better than just hearing the ocean instead of sensory overload.

More non-carby choices for breakfast room service.

Stretching & gym type classes throughout the day. I want to stay active on a cruise but not if it means a 7AM class. I'm on vacation!

& my number one complaint, they make me leave at the end of the cruise!

The reason Carnival dosent do some of things the other lines have is your paying a cheaper price... You get what you pay for.. Including the roudy riff raff. Carnival is the "Wall-Mart" and "K- Mart" of cruise ships. And because of that you get that class of people, expecially on the shorter cruises.

Here are my 3 things I don't like about Carnival cruises.

1) It's taking too long to get to my cruise, I wish they would shorten the year.

2) They haven't yet called me for a free cabin upgrade! What, do i have to have the cabin I already chose?!?

3) They need a better jingle or something so I can be humming it abesnt-mindedly while I'm at work.

Oh, as for the OP's 3rd, I can sleep through severe thunderstorms, tornadoes, and earthquakes. I don't think roudy partiers will be a problem.:D

:D love it!

Archived