Things I don't like about Carnival Cruises

PenguinLife

I think the point is many people see incidents that they think should be handled by the security people, and nothing happens (disorderly passengers in the dinner line, drunks in the hallways banging on all the doors, etc.)

No, the point is you've already paid and you're a captive audience. What are you going to do? Swim for it?

I've been tempted considering the food in the MDR...

What we HATE about Carnival is their reasonable PRICING for a quality cruise.

HATE it because we end up taking MORE cruise vacations than we ever expected to.

Terrible , I tell you !!!

That must be such a hardship for you. I'm not sure how you get through your days.

I will catch up on this later (have not read many of the posts)...

One of my biggest gripes is the EARLY AM announcements in the cabin on debarkation morning intended to AWAKEN everyone. If I am capable of sleeping in an additional 30-45 minutes and can still get my stuff together and get off in time, DO NOT TREAT ME LIKE A CHILD and pester me with those in cabin announcements.

Such treatment has never occurred in our many Celebrity sailings, nor on NCL (as recently as YESTERDAY)!

I heard some rumor that things were changing on Carnival in this regard... any truth to that?

Tom

THERE IS NOT....Let me Repeat.... There IS NOT....any signage on the hot tubs that restrict the age of children. I too let my two kids in the hot tubs but only when I was in there.

there are usually only certain hot tubs that have this signage, some right next to one another. no signage, the kids can have a go.

i do have to say, if everyone thought that even one rule didn't apply to them, just like you've just said about yourself and your daughter, the ship could become a very disorderly place.

there are rules. you might not like them, you might think you're better than the rest of the people on the boat, but just follow them.

There is no rule that says no children in the hot tub.Yes no children in diapers or swim pants but not children who are potty trained with adult supervision. I have cruised 16 times and have yet to see one. The Serenity deck and adult only pools were designed for adult only while the Lido is for families. Please don't be mad at us who follow the rules and keep our children out of the adult pool area. We are following the rules and do not deserve to have people mad at us for doing what is allowed

Someone posted that they don't like the dancing waiters. I would add this to my list. They danced every night on the Miracle except the first night and this was too often for me. I was hoping some nights to leave before it started.

I know it is supposed to be fun and I am polite and try to have fun during it, but I could skip it.

i wish they had more things to do like other lines. rock climbing wall, skating rink, surf rider..ect...

although... i have never cruised, looked at both lines and chose carnival due to the fact that 1. we are not bringing the kids 2. carnival was WAY cheaper 3. carnival has somewhat smaller ships = less passengers.

so i guess it depends on what you really are looking for in a cruise.

I just noticed your on our cruise, we have a roll call going for this cruise if your interested. We were on this ship in June and just my husband and I and there were not many children at all so were hoping for the same this time. Come join our Roll Call.:)

1. Turkey bacon and turkey sausage on buffet line.

2. Better organization at embark/debarking.

3. PLEASE for all the booze on Bourbon street, get rid of those NASTY dried fruit cupcakes. I LOVE cupcakes and those make me want to cry; they are so nasty and dry. I think Bitter & Blanc should be in the MDR and buffet every day :-) I wouldn't mind gourmet cupcakes at the coffee shop with the tall cakes. I qould gladly buy them.

3. No saving seats for the big shows.

If people didn't show up an hour early for a show to get the best seats, this wouldn't be a problem. I won't lie.. I've had to rush straight from dining into the big show theatre and save a seat for my companion while he/she goes to the bathroom, goes back to the room to change into more comfortable clothes, etc. It annoys me that in order to get a good seat, I must show up an hour prior and sit and wait with nothing to do. If I do this every night for the big shows and some others, I typically will spend 6-8 hours of my cruise waiting in order to have good seats.

I wish they would not open the doors for shows until 15 minutes prior. Although, I am sure then people would line up like cattle outside the doors and rush each other in. So, I suppose it's a lose-lose. When you go to a concert or a game, you have a seat number. You can show up 5 minutes beforehand and you're good to go. When we go to the movie theater, we typically purchase cinebistro tickets so that we have an assigned seat in advance and we don't have to worry about showing up 30-45 minutes early before previews even begin.

Sorry.. my rant kind of went off topic but this post made me think about something that really bothers me on cruises.. and that's all the waiting around doing nothing time in order not to have an obstructed or nosebleed view.

I will catch up on this later (have not read many of the posts)...

One of my biggest gripes is the EARLY AM announcements in the cabin on debarkation morning intended to AWAKEN everyone. If I am capable of sleeping in an additional 30-45 minutes and can still get my stuff together and get off in time, DO NOT TREAT ME LIKE A CHILD and pester me with those in cabin announcements.

Such treatment has never occurred in our many Celebrity sailings, nor on NCL (as recently as YESTERDAY)!

I heard some rumor that things were changing on Carnival in this regard... any truth to that?

Tom

I think I would put that at the top of my list of complaints as well.

Not Carnival specific, but my biggest peeve is rude passengers who fail to be considerate of their fellow cruisers.

LOL! This made me remember a comment by a young lady to her husband behind me in line in Costa Maya: "I don't have to be nice to stupid people!"

I think I'll have a tshirt made.

Review link???? ;)

I am trying to be careful about full blown reviews. It would seem that almost every time I put one together there are always a few that want to take issue with things. If I use the word "suite", "butler", "priority", "VIP" (and others) there are people who get worked up for some reason -- granted, that happens more on the Carnival board than Celebrity or NCL.

I may just stick to bits and pieces for now... LOL :D

Tom

1. More 7 day cruises for the Charleston port would be nice. There are a few but more would make my choices easier.

2. More time in Key West. I want to see the Sunset Festival

3. And as others have said. Making me leave the ship. I dont wanna go!

Someone had mentioned that there is no signage stating children aren't allowed in the hot tub. Here is a photo I took on our 6/2010 cruise. It says Adults Only on the side...and...there is a kid in it. :rolleyes:

Cruise2010014.jpg

I am trying to be careful about full blown reviews. It would seem that almost every time I put one together there are always a few that want to take issue with things. If I use the word "suite", "butler", "priority", "VIP" (and others) there are people who get worked up for some reason -- granted, that happens more on the Carnival board than Celebrity or NCL.

I may just stick to bits and pieces for now... LOL :D

Tom

Smart man...

1..I hate it when the CD (Cruise Director, not Cross Dresser) begs, cries, and grovels to mark the comment cards for the highest rating on everything....."because anything else is less than acceptable to CCL."

2..Make solo traveling less than double the price.

3..Throw rude passengers overboard!!;)

I agree, especially with #2!:D

Archived