New Latitudes Program to Launch

avalanche2

Given that there are other mainstream cruise lines (Princess, Holland America, Royal Caribbean off the top of my head) that reward loyalty based on number cruise as well as the length of said cruises, NCL seems to be in the minority.

That is true. NCL should recognize the length also. We would be Silver if we had taken 5 three day cruises. Instead, we chose 20 days on two NCL ships and spent as much as the 3 dayers. We could have spent that time on Princess, RCCL, Celebrity or Holland; but instead chose NCL. Is it worth nothing???

While we are at it how about those of us we are single and cruise solo but have to pay a full supplement - should we be given credit for 2 cruises - after all if there were two people in the cabin both would get credit or for those who think they should be rewarded for the amount they spent on a cabin should I get that credit as well.

Just my 02 cents worth

Cheers

Dennis

Just checked the site and there is no news of the "new" Lattitudes program...?

The poster who started this thread, and hence the rumor that the new Latitudes program was to be adopted effective November 20, when asked, refused to identify the source of this "information" and has not made a post on Cruise Critic since.

So...let's not hang our hats on the validity of the date. Maybe a change will be announced soon, maybe not.

When we were on the Pearl for the Panama Canal crossing, the latitudes consultant on the ship stated she had received a lot of information concerning the new "latitude program"....and it would be announced on Nov 20th. So obviously, it's not a rumor that NCL Latitudes is going to change...just when that will be is the question. IMO its either they have problems implementing the new benefit levels or its a lot of PR hype.

The poster who started this thread, and hence the rumor that the new Latitudes program was to be adopted effective November 20, when asked, refused to identify the source of this "information" and has not made a post on Cruise Critic since.

So...let's not hang our hats on the validity of the date. Maybe a change will be announced soon, maybe not.

Some people might be told "information" that is for public consumption and be also asked to not divulge the source. It happens all of the time.

When we were on the Pearl for the Panama Canal crossing, the latitudes consultant on the ship stated she had received a lot of information concerning the new "latitude program"....and it would be announced on Nov 20th. So obviously, it's not a rumor that NCL Latitudes is going to change...just when that will be is the question. IMO its either they have problems implementing the new benefit levels or its a lot of PR hype.

Could you share his/her name? We should all be allowed to contact this individual about what is going on, since the rest of the company doesn't seem to know about this change.

Some people might be told "information" that is for public consumption and be also asked to not divulge the source. It happens all of the time.

In my experience the Latitudes consultants are not very reliable sources of information.

Ok so not just solo cruisers paying double fair.

Children - Kids don't get credit like they do with other lines.

My Daughter has her gold card on Carnival. But on NCL she has nothing, nada, zip, zero. Why would she not earn her cruise credits? She is cruising. She is paid for. Just because she is under 18. Very annoying.

Ok so not just solo cruisers paying double fair.

Children - Kids don't get credit like they do with other lines.

My Daughter has her gold card on Carnival. But on NCL she has nothing, nada, zip, zero. Why would she not earn her cruise credits? She is cruising. She is paid for. Just because she is under 18. Very annoying.

When she turns 18, she will be admitted into the program. All of her cruises will be counted and she will enter at that level.

I just called my husband and he can't remember her name either, but she also mentioned she had gotten the info from Camilla. So my husband tweeted her & she said she knows nothing about it! This latitudes consultant made this announcement at a special lunch they had for the gold & platinum members for this sailing, so at least approx 30 other people heard this. & she was so animated & excited about it, something must be going on.

(& by the way, this was the first time we ever encountered this special lunch...they said it was because it was a 2 week cruise & there was so many latitude members aboard, it was difficult to have a big gathering...So whatever the real reason, it was decided to do this just for our small group & it was amazing. The lunch was served at Le Bistro with a special menu by the head chef & its one of the best meals we've ever had on a cruise. Wish they always did this but I'm sure its not cost effective!)

Something changed. I just checked my Latitudes account and I'm now a Silver member. I've only been on two cruises though, so I should be a Bronze member. But my two cruises were 7 days in a Courtyard Villa and 9 days in an Owner's Suite. They must take something else into account now.

Something changed. I just checked my Latitudes account and I'm now a Silver member. I've only been on two cruises though, so I should be a Bronze member. But my two cruises were 7 days in a Courtyard Villa and 9 days in an Owner's Suite. They must take something else into account now.

I've just posted a separate thread - My husband and I are both platinum now and should be gold. We had another 3 cruises to go before we should be platinum.

Guess I will check ours: I should have 2 more to go (one after my Sun cruise in Feb) and hubby about 4 before we hit plat, I am going to see what it says.

Nita

just checked: I am plat, didn't check hubby's though. This is pretty exciting.

I've just posted a separate thread - My husband and I are both platinum now and should be gold. We had another 3 cruises to go before we should be platinum.

Perhaps when the new rewards are rolled out there will be a 4th tier for example Platinum Plus. Meaning all who suddenly "jump to Platinum" are actually in no better shape then when they were Gold.

Guess I will check ours: I should have 2 more to go (one after my Sun cruise in Feb) and hubby about 4 before we hit plat, I am going to see what it says.

Nita

just checked: I am plat, didn't check hubby's though. This is pretty exciting.

I think the new program is basing level on days cruised.

We have 7 NCL cruises so were Silver.

However, according to My Account at NCL.com I am now Platinum!

Our 7 cruises totalled more than 68 days, all in OV or inside cabins.

Platinum is supposed to start at 14 cruises, but our total days easily equals that.

Looking forward to Platinum perks on our next NCL cruise.

But with so many people now Platinum, some perks such as Priority Tender are going to be crowded.

I'll love not paying for the laundry special bag.

DH got an email saying he had multiple Latitudes accounts and they were merged, but he's having trouble logging in to MyNCL too. We were both Platinum before any changes.

We've had everything from inside cabins to 2 bedroom suites, with cruises ranging from 4 to 24 days; and all of them since 2005.

Can someone please advise where/how to look at your past cruising history? Thanks!

Archived