Princess 1 wk only Europe Sale - accepted on existing reservations?

meripour

Princess has sent out emails on 'One Week Only! PreSeason Sale Starts Today!' email blast, as well have it on their site. This happens to apply to the TA cruise out of Venice we currently have booked for 2012. Will they honor the price reduction and OBC to an existing reservation done via the Amex Travel Agent? Reference promotion code: R7X. Offer expires: October 23, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.

Princess has sent out emails on 'One Week Only! PreSeason Sale Starts Today!' email blast, as well have it on their site. This happens to apply to the TA cruise out of Venice we currently have booked for 2012. Will they honor the price reduction and OBC to an existing reservation done via the Amex Travel Agent? Reference promotion code: R7X. Offer expires: October 23, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.

It is always best to check and see as there is no way of telling if they will honor a pre-existing booking or not. A quick call to Princess or your TA to check would be my advice. ;) Good Luck!

It seems like Princess is doing alot of sales with non-refundable deposits. I hadn't really noticed this much before. Is this something new or something I just didn't catch?

Let's hope that it's not a first step towards Carnival's infamous ES (early saver) program where if you want the best price, you have to put down non-refundable deposits.

It is always best to check and see as there is no way of telling if they will honor a pre-existing booking or not. A quick call to Princess or your TA to check would be my advice. ;) Good Luck!

I called and was told that I would have to cancel and rebook. AND that the deposit was non-refundable and non-transferable. I have booked a lot of cruises with various cruise lines and have never heard of this before. I guess it is similar to what some hotels and airlines are now doing.

I don't see how many people would want to put down a sizable non-refundable and non-transferable deposit on a cruise that is more than a year away to a part of the world that has seen so much turmoil lately (the Mediterranean), but some of those cruises are part of the sale.

My fiance is a TA and says this is better than their group rates. I am an Elite member and we're going to see if they will upgrade me to a mini suite. Still checking this out to see if it is worthwhile but am taking my granddaughter on the Grand Med July 17th anyway. What a coinicidence they come up with this gimmick.

Let's hope that it's not a first step towards Carnival's infamous ES (early saver) program where if you want the best price, you have to put down non-refundable deposits.

But with that ES program on Carnival I was actually able to save $300 per cabin right up until the day of sailing!

Since I was taking this cruise anyway, I decided to book it today. The fare should have been $2740. for a balcony cabin but my booking conf. says $3040. so I have to look into that. Add $73. for transfers (which I'll cancel), $212.80 for insurance (cancel that, too), fees $75. and it comes to $3400. less $50. credit. (x2). Deposit is $1216. due by 10/21, which is, as we know, non-trans. and non-ref. Final pmt. due May 3rd.

Hope it's a good deal but because of the itinerary and the date (mid July), they will be sold out.

I am leaving Dec. 6th on an 11 night Royal Caribbean cruise (would rather have gone on Princess but....) up the Gold Coast with another granddaughter. RC just bumped their prices up $1500. each and so did Qantas Air. The closer they get, the more the fees will increase.

Since I was taking this cruise anyway, I decided to book it today. The fare should have been $2740. for a balcony cabin but my booking conf. says $3040. so I have to look into that. Add $73. for transfers (which I'll cancel), $212.80 for insurance (cancel that, too), fees $75. and it comes to $3400. less $50. credit. (x2). Deposit is $1216. due by 10/21, which is, as we know, non-trans. and non-ref. Final pmt. due May 3rd.

Hope it's a good deal but because of the itinerary and the date (mid July), they will be sold out.

I am leaving Dec. 6th on an 11 night Royal Caribbean cruise (would rather have gone on Princess but....) up the Gold Coast with another granddaughter. RC just bumped their prices up $1500. each and so did Qantas Air. The closer they get, the more the fees will increase.

What in the heck are "fees" at $75.00? Do you mean government taxes?

But with that ES program on Carnival I was actually able to save $300 per cabin right up until the day of sailing!

You are only really saving $300 if the ES rates are actually lower than the same rates you would have received BEFORE they started in with their ES program. That ES program has so many twists, turns, and restrictions that it becomes a real pain. I hope Princess does not follow Carnival's lead and require non-refundable deposits to get the best rates. If they move to a system where prices for cabins where refundable deposits are increased, it's less likely that I will be booking as many cruises with them. Right now, with the FCC program, Princess is actually the best line for combining pricing and flexibility. My benefits for booking early with my FCC (including special early booking discount) are still a better deal than this special sale price.

Well, you gotta read the fine print. I did book and I paid $3040. for a balcony cabin. I couldn't understand why the differerence between the advertised price of $2740. and what I paid. It turns out the $2740. is for one cruise only, May 6th. Any other bookings pay $3040. Was it a good deal? Who knows. Princess said the price may stay the same, be increased or go down. If it goes down, I can call them and they will refare it to the lower rate. Hmmm, I'll believe it when I see it. I am taking the cruise so what the heck.....

Well, you gotta read the fine print. I did book and I paid $3040. for a balcony cabin. I couldn't understand why the differerence between the advertised price of $2740. and what I paid. It turns out the $2740. is for one cruise only, May 6th. Any other bookings pay $3040.

This is standard advertising practice on Princess and on the other cruise lines including river cruises. The lowest price will apply to one or two of the listed sailings and the other sailings will be at a higher price. Look for the asterisk.

I am booked already on one of the cruises advertised. It is still 200 dollars more than I paid per person. I was hoping for a price drop or at least the same price so I can use a FCC I put down last month. Does this sale mean it is not going to happen? oh well 400 dollars is 400 dollars.

Melinda. :rolleyes:

Since this sale is for 2012 Europe cruises and ours was at the end of 2012 we saved $400, plus got the $100 obc, which was added to an existing $50 obc, and the deposit was lowered. More money for the excursions & less money exposed to the loss should we have to bail, which would break my heart.

As far as tapping in on reductions of fares, if your diligent to check the rates and find one for your catagory they will lower your rate.

Archived