Early kick off!!

Archie4

We will be on Explorer in 5 weeks time. Now if the Mrs finds out I'm asking this she will not be happy. Liverpool play Man City on 27th November. Now its an early kick off in in the UK think its around Noon which would be probably 7am ish on the boat. Will the Weekend Warrior or other sports bars be open if not for a sup for the match. If not can you get Fox soccer channel in the cabin tv. I can hear her now' I didnt come all this way to watch bloody football'!!!!lol

I completely empathize. Though I'm wondering about our trip on Explorer in 6 weeks, instead of 5....and American football instead of soccer/football. I'm hoping that the Weekend Warrior will show the Jets game the Sunday we're at sea. Seems odd, but hey...it's my vacation and the fiancee (soon to be hubby) and I enjoy football. lol I don't see why the Weekend Warrior wouldn't be open at that time. I don't think I ever saw those places closed when I was on Explorer a few years ago.

^ And I would disagree. The last thing they want you doing on disembarkation day is hanging around the ship. Let's be honest - they want you OFF. Remember how excited you were to finally board, usually as early as humanly possible? Same thing in reverse here. I highly doubt any TV will be on any game. They do sometimes put CNN on but that seems to be about it. They want you gone.

Sorry, you'l have to make alternate arrangements, or have someone at home tape it for you.

^ And I would disagree. The last thing they want you doing on disembarkation day is hanging around the ship. Let's be honest - they want you OFF. Remember how excited you were to finally board, usually as early as humanly possible? Same thing in reverse here. I highly doubt any TV will be on any game. They do sometimes put CNN on but that seems to be about it. They want you gone.

Sorry, you'l have to make alternate arrangements, or have someone at home tape it for you.

OK, I am confused. The OP is talking about an early kick off of a soccer game (football to him:D). Is the game on disembarkation day? I thought he is just trying to find a bar with the game on early morning.:confused:

OK, I am confused. The OP is talking about an early kick off of a soccer game (football to him:D). Is the game on disembarkation day? I thought he is just trying to find a bar with the game on early morning.:confused:

That's how I interpreted it too:confused:

We are on an 11 night cruse from the 20th November so its not disembarkation I think its a port day in St Kitts!!!

Yea and you get there at 8am.............Oh boy~~ think you're gonna be in trouble..;)

Hi archie - see you on the cruise. I asked the same question for american football. the reply i got was that some times they tape a game If its not shown at the time it runs and play it later. Im not sure if you have to request this or not. The other option is a sports bar . There is one in st kitts that opens at noon that day , oasis sports bar. Maybe they will have a replay if its a popular game. It says they have 18 tvs. I dont know if this helps.

We will be on Explorer in 5 weeks time. Now if the Mrs finds out I'm asking this she will not be happy. Liverpool play Man City on 27th November. Now its an early kick off in in the UK think its around Noon which would be probably 7am ish on the boat. Will the Weekend Warrior or other sports bars be open if not for a sup for the match. If not can you get Fox soccer channel in the cabin tv. I can hear her now' I didnt come all this way to watch bloody football'!!!!lol
The ships tend to show ESPN International, which looks to be showing a taped Italian Serie A match that morning.

Yup looks like the rerun then lol!!!

Just checked and its not as early as first thought might catch it in the sports bar in St Kitts and the light of my life can go with her sister and do a bit of retail therapy lol!!!

First you have to tell me who you support.

I'm from Ohio but will be at old trafford on Sunday for the big game.

I completely with you and have been on tons of cruises and you will not get any

Premiership, unless Espn has changed its rules.

No fox soccer On the ships. last year I was on the equinox and the serenade. No premiership is shown on the ship .

the ship staff claims it's between the ships company and Espn. I keep hoping it changes as Espn becomes a bigger provider of premiership games .

Two hints. Last year I was in st croix left the ship as soon as it docked and found bar the watch the united villa game. It was great fun. Because of time differences I was able to watch the whole game...of course when it was over I had to race back to the ship to meet my wife for breakfast.. Bloody Mary's made the run back fun.

I have also sat with others watching the bbc scroll on the Internet.

Your game will be on fox soccer at 11 am eastern standard time....

While typing this I just realized you are one lucky guy

When you get off the ship in st kitts there's is a touristy section . In the center is a bar. It is in the open with many tvs .they get fox soccer. I have watched games there. You should be able to see the game ..give your wife shopping money there are lots of shops there.

Good luck

Wayne

Hi Wayne

I'm a Liverpool man just back from Anfield at the weekend when we should have given your boys a good hiding!!!lol

Also have just realised that we are playing Chelsea on our embarkation day at around the time we will be going through the departure lounge at NJ. Very bad planning if you ask me lol. Never mind start lining up the Bud Lite!!!!

Think we will be in st kitts long enough to find a bar for the Man City game so one out of two won't be so bad. Anyone been to st kitts point me in the right direction/ name a good sports bar!!??

. Anyone been to st kitts point me in the right direction/ name a good sports bar!!??
I haven't been to St Kits,but from reading the posts,I;d say there is one in town named the Oasis..

http://searchstkitts.com/what-to-do/night-life/live-music/oasis-sports-bar/

When you get off the ship in st kitts there's is a touristy section . In the center is a bar. It is in the open with many tvs .they get fox soccer. I have watched games there.

Good luck

Wayne

. There is one in st kitts that opens at noon that day , oasis sports bar. Maybe they will have a replay if its a popular game. It says they have 18 tvs. I dont know if this helps.

Hi Kathy

Just checked your link there and this looks like the spot. Seems to be close to the beach and as this is our last port day the ladies will I'm sure be looking to grab a few extra rays lol. Well heres hoping lol!!!!

Archie

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Wayne

I'm a Liverpool man just back from Anfield at the weekend when we should have given your boys a good hiding!!!lol

Also have just realised that we are playing Chelsea on our embarkation day at around the time we will be going through the departure lounge at NJ. Very bad planning if you ask me lol. Never mind start lining up the Bud Lite!!!!

Think we will be in st kitts long enough to find a bar for the Man City game so one out of two won't be so bad. Anyone been to st kitts point me in the right direction/ name a good sports bar!!??

Well

I have return from my first trip to Old Trafford. Yes I was there for the hiding. I may not be allowed to return. However that was a great time.

i think your best bet is the sports bar located in the Center of the tourist section.

enjoy

I have seen matches on board, but as others have said, unless they have changed recently, the ships do not get Fox Soccer or other Fox sports networks. I have found, however, that on occasion, matches will be on the foreign language feed that are not on the English channels so if all else fails, check the foreign language channels. When we were on Independence for a TA in April 2009, I watched a match involving United in German [i am NOT a United supporter, I support Everton (can we still be friends Archie?) but you watch what you can find sometimes]. I cannot honestly say if it was a league match, FA Cup, or Champions League match because all three were coming to a conclusion at the time. I agree with the others, your best bet is to get to a sports bar ashore as quickly as possible.

Archived