what cruise line cruise Aus in July

My DH and I will be in Sydney in July 2012 and would like to take our daughter (26) on a cruise for getting her masters degree.

I'm having a hard time finding a cruise at that time of year.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Lois

July is our winter here in New Zealand & Australia and there is only two cruise lines that sail from Australia full time,

They are P&O Cruises ( Australia ) http://www.pocruises.com.au/ (If that link gives you a "Bad Request" error try: http://www.pocruises.co.nz)

and Princess (But over the winter time Princess seems to do more longer 17+ days), and looking at the Princess website its only the Dawn Princess sailing from Australia in July (As the Sun Princess is doing a world cruise)

and there is only two cruises the Dawn Princess is doing in July, the "17 days Northern Australia Explorer From Perth to Sydney" & the "75 days Circle Pacific Roundtrip From Sydney"

so you may want to look at P&O Cruises ( Australia ) as in July P&O are doing 7 Cruises from Sydney.

Other wise I may suggest coming to Australia from Oct - April (as its out spring / summer)

Hope this helps :)

The Dawn Princess 17 days Northern Australia Explorer From Perth to Sydney is a great cruise. Another option would be if you could book a segment of the 75 days Circle Pacific Roundtrip - just the leg from the west coast of USA through the Pacific Islands to Sydney.

My DH and I will be in Sydney in July 2012 and would like to take our daughter (26) on a cruise for getting her masters degree.

I'm having a hard time finding a cruise at that time of year.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Lois

That is the best time of year for travelling north, so you may want to consider a land holiday to North Queensland, Great Barrier Reef, Northern Territory, etc. Unfortunately, many of our cruises are scheduled for people wanting to escape the northern winter, rather than scheduled for Australians who wish to head north for our winter.

Many Australians, from the southern states head north to the tropics each year, as Canadians and Americans head south for your winter.

thanks for the suggestions, I will look into P&O as well as land trips.

My DD is attending the university of Sydney and will be completing her Masters at the end of June so we don't have a lot of flexibility with the timing.

Lois

Archived