Ultimate Balcony Dining

Modeen

Hello,

Could someone please confirm for me current price for the UBD? In past threads, I see it was $50 per person. I know the Chef's Table cost has gone up, but did they also raise the price for the Ultimate Balcony Dining?

Thanks.

Mo

I think it was $100 for the two of us. It is NOT the same menu, the main options are Surf and Turf or Surf, or Turf as it were. You can also request modifications (I had prawns instead of lobster for example - and they were HUUUUUGE)

Is the menu for this the same as mdr that night?

We just did it 3 weeks ago on the Diamond, and it was still $50PP.

The menu is in the directory located in the room (and a lot of people have posted them here on the boards). There are a couple of choices you need to make when placing the order- the pre-dinner drinks, surf or surf and turf, and I think something else.

Be aware the Chef's Table and Ultimate Balcony Dining (current thread topic) are not the same thing.

Just FYI, the Chef table is worth more than $100 per person, or whatever they charge, the alcohol alone was worth it. The food was exceptional. Check out my post from a few years ago.

How do I purchase the UBD before the cruise? I am only finding a description of the UBD on the Princess site.

I would like to know this as well. I tried to book it ahead of time and was told I had to wait until I was on the ship as they only take a certain number each night.

Its really simple you get an upscaled (we hope) dinner served on your balcony for a $100.00. Something different sounds like it would be nice, we eat in the Crown Grill or Sabatini's every night when we cruise, so this may be yet another option to the MDR. I dont think there are a lot of menu options for the UBD but surf and turf is a good start.

:)

I just called and booked it for our cruise 5 minutes ago took me 3 minutes.

After reading your post 5 minutes ago. I phoned booked and paid. They do only have so many available everynight, so we guarranteed with full payment of $100. Thanks for your post. Balcony dinning in the Hawaiian Islands---WOW!!

Can someone please let me know if the smaller ships, i.e. Ocean Princess, also offer the UBD. We are in a mini suite. We will also be on the Diamond Princess late December this year - I'm assuming they also offer it?? thanks for your help.

Vicki.

One of the reasons I wanted to call was to be sure we'd get to do it. I had read that they only offer it a couple of times each night. I have my preference for when I want to schedule it, but I'm sure we'll enjoy it no matter which night we get to do it. I'm glad you got in too.

We did the UBD on the Crown Princess last October, and it was outstanding! We paid $100 total and tipped generously in cash, as the service was outstanding. They even brought us chocolate covered strawberries, as we were celebrating our anniversary. The only bummer about the experience was that we never received the photo that was supposed to be part of the package. The photographer took our picture, but we never got the hard copy. Boo.

We did the UBD on the Crown Princess last October, and it was outstanding! We paid $100 total and tipped generously in cash, as the service was outstanding. They even brought us chocolate covered strawberries, as we were celebrating our anniversary. The only bummer about the experience was that we never received the photo that was supposed to be part of the package. The photographer took our picture, but we never got the hard copy. Boo.
Did you go down to the Photo Gallery? We went down there and had a choice of several photos.

Did you go down to the Photo Gallery? We went down there and had a choice of several photos.

Same with us. We had to go down a couple of times before they were ready, in the end it took about 3 days. They have a box of photos behind the desk, and I think a section for UBD photos. You look through them, pick the one you want for free (and of course you have the option of buying others).

They called the room to let us know ours were ready to come down and look.

Same with us. We had to go down a couple of times before they were ready, in the end it took about 3 days. They have a box of photos behind the desk, and I think a section for UBD photos. You look through them, pick the one you want for free (and of course you have the option of buying others).

Archived