Mixed C & R Marriage: I'm Platinum, he's Gold

We will sailing out of Port Everglades soon. To prevent an embarassing moment during check in: can we can both use the "special" line when checking in? Even though we are different C & A levels?

From my previous cruises I do remember the Priority line and now that I have that status (working my way one cruise at a time to Diamond) I want to use that line but I don't want to be "turned away in shame" if I go to the wrong line :mad:

Thanks y'all, it's so nice that I have always have a place for my OCD Q & A.

Merry Cruising!

Donna

Actually we are not married (it was just a silly term I used) but this will be our sixth cruise together. We both took a number of cruises "before" but we have the most fun now.

And thanks for your reply. I will guess I will find out when we check in. Not a big dea;l I was just curious and I can't find anything about it on the boards.

:D

Donna

Actually we are not married (it was just a silly term I used) but this will be our sixth cruise together. We both took a number of cruises "before" but we have the most fun now.

And thanks for your reply. I will guess I will find out when we check in. Not a big dea;l I was just curious and I can't find anything about it on the boards.

Gotcha. ;)

Regardless, you can still both use the Platinum line since one of you is. Enjoy.

If you are married, you should both be Platinum. Unless there has been a policy change I don't know about or don't remember, your spouse gets equal status.

I am two cruises ahead of my husband from doing a couple with girlfriends and his status did not change when mine did. He was able to share the same things once I turned Diamond status, but he never 'changed' on his seapass until he really turned Diamond for himself.

My kids should have gone from Gold to Diamond since the last cruise they took. When C & A pulled their account numbers up they are listed as Diamond so I assume their cards will show Diamond when we go.

My son in law is not Platinum like my daughter is. Very confused. Should they have actually changed my husband's status on his card a few cruises ago to match mine? Should my son-in-laws be changed to match my daughters? I know for a couple of cruises my husband got platinum coupon books while I received Diamond.

I am two cruises ahead of my husband from doing a couple with girlfriends and his status did not change when mine did. He was able to share the same things once I turned Diamond status, but he never 'changed' on his seapass until he really turned Diamond for himself.

My kids should have gone from Gold to Diamond since the last cruise they took. When C & A pulled their account numbers up they are listed as Diamond so I assume their cards will show Diamond when we go.

My son in law is not Platinum like my daughter is. Very confused. Should they have actually changed my husband's status on his card a few cruises ago to match mine? Should my son-in-laws be changed to match my daughters? I know for a couple of cruises my husband got platinum coupon books while I received Diamond.

I could very well be wrong. I don't keep up with all the C&A rules. There are others here that will be able to clear it up better than me. I just thought I remembered the policy being immediate family in the same room were awarded equal status.

Married couples, and minor children, share the same status as the higher one in the relationship, call C&A to make sure you are listed as a couple

Agree! I have 2 more cruises on RCCL than my husband and, when I turned Diamond, so did he.

I've sailed with my mom when she was gold/platinum and I was diamond. We had no problems going through the diamond check-in line together. RC wouldn't let her attend a platinum/diamond event with me because she was gold at the time. She also wasn't allowed to attend diamond nightly events even though we were sharing a cabin.

Gotcha. ;)

Regardless, you can still both use the Platinum line since one of you is. Enjoy.

Assuming they are staying in the same cabin ;) I grew up in the 60s when mixed marriage meant something much more controversial. I'm glad were passed that.

I could very well be wrong. I don't keep up with all the C&A rules. There are others here that will be able to clear it up better than me. I just thought I remembered the policy being immediate family in the same room were awarded equal status.

That is how I recall the rules as well. I know after the MOTS I will hit D+ and expect DW to get D+ as well based on my status even though she is 3 cruises behind me on RCCL already...will be 4 shortly.

Hey Dave, make sure you post up a good review after that Mariner run. I have to wait until the end of January before heading that way. (Darn it) Then I get to have flashbacks from Houston and Galveston for a couple of days too.

Back on topic.. Last year I took my GF on Mariner (her very first cruise... First times she'd ever seen a cruise ship for that matter! :D) and we had no trouble going to C&A events together at all.

We had another couple traveling with us that were still on gold, but since they were my group, no problems doing the quick check-in.

Same crowd on the same ship in under 90 days, so I expect things will be just as good as before.

I have more cruises than DH because I go on a Mothers Day-ish cruise every year with my mom. DH became Platinum when I did, although I received my pin on the second night of our Liberty cruise and he received his on the third of the same trip. Maybe a way to stick it to him earning it through me! ;)

In January, when the C&A changes occurred, his cruise days on his account became the same as mine. I am now Emerald, after another mother/daughter cruise this past April, and he moved on up to Emerald with me again.

My mom's boyfriend has not had the same experience. They have the same address and his first cruise on Royal Caribbean was with her last year. He only has 3 C&A points. Mom will become Platinum in December after she sails on Allure. I'll be interested in seeing if her boyfriend bumps up to Platinum with her.

That's how it is suppose to work. ;) But I often talk about how RONALD gets C&A Diamond mailings here at the house (yes, my poor husband Richard is really tired of Ronald) and when my husband RICHARD went to check in on our last RCI cruise, he was listed as Platinum and not Diamond - to which I, of course, being the nice wife I am, immediatly started LAUGHING at him. And told him, "Come along, you can join ME at the Diamond Events!" :p

Ohhh yeah, he was not amused. :rolleyes:

I have done more RCI cruises than my husband, so I was listed as Diamond until he caught up. ;) I know it wasn't "suppose" to be that way, but it was, on one ship. And it amused ME. :p

I think the C&A computers have a few glitches in them. I've sailed more than my husband. When I made diamond status, his didn't automatically update to mine. I called C&A and they linked our accounts, but instead of him becoming diamond, my status showed platinum but my cruise history showed the correct number of cruises for me to be diamond. When they unlinked us, mine went back to diamond. C&A can't explain it - our last names and address are the same. We've sailed enough now that hubby made diamond on his own. After my February cruise, I will be D+ but hubby will still be diamond. I'll check after that cruise if they can link our accounts without downgrading mine again.

My son was a Diamond member by virtue of living in my household. He hadn't actually sailed the requisite number of cruises. When he married his Platinum (no pun intended) girlfriend and moved to their own home, his wife tried to upgrade her status to his Diamond. When the agent counted the cruises, he was reduced to Platinum. On the flip side, my daughter was in the same position as her brother but booked her last cruise with all the benefits of her Diamond status. Sometimes it just pays to keep quiet.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I should post this on the other board but since it's adjacent to the original Q&A...

Is there a special line/waiting area at Fort Lauderdale even for lowly Platinum C&A people?

Just curious and BTW the LOS is generally in Terminal 25

Thanks again!

Donna

Archived