Specialty Breakfast restaurant menu

pandi77

Hello all. Got an upgrade to a family suite and read that Chops on Jewel has a breakfast for suite holders and I was wondering if anyone has a menu (or any specialty restaurant breakfast menu-probably same) and what time they are usually open? Thanks

We were in a GS on Freedom and had breakfast several mornings in the specialty restaurant (Portofino on Freedom). There was the same menu everyday. Omelets, Chocolate french toast, a few other things, plus there was a fruit and pastry buffet set up in the dining room. Egg items were made in the kitchen there. When we ordered oatmeal, the waiter went out to the Windjammer to get it. The menu isn't large, but it was nice and quiet and we got personal attention. They are open when Windjammer is open.

Hello all. Got an upgrade to a family suite and read that Chops on Jewel has a breakfast for suite holders and I was wondering if anyone has a menu (or any specialty restaurant breakfast menu-probably same) and what time they are usually open? Thanks

We were just in a GS last month on Mariner and dined in Chops almost every morning. Never once did they give us a menu, simply asked what we would like and they made/got it for us. They also brought the fresh squeezed OJ. They had a pastry and fruit table set up in the restaurant too. It was lovely.

We were just in a GS last month on Mariner and dined in Chops almost every morning. Never once did they give us a menu, simply asked what we would like and they made/got it for us. They also brought the fresh squeezed OJ. They had a pastry and fruit table set up in the restaurant too. It was lovely.

Very interesting. I am to understand that Royal wants this option on all ships and is adding the specialty restaurant breakfast option for suite holders across the fleet where it isn't available currently. I am looking forward to seeing what they offer!

So glad to hear that Mariner is serving fresh OJ to suite pax in Chops. Our very first suite cruise was on Mariner out of San Pedro and we got the fresh OJ. None of the 4 other ships that we have sailed since has done this. We also had not experienced having a cooked to order breakfast until on Freedom in Sept. So happy to hear that Mariner is doing the same thing! We'll be on her in three weeks!

Does the Oasis have a specialty restaurant option for breakfast if you are in a suite?

The Oasis does not open a specialty restaurant for suite guests in the morning. I went to the Windjammer the first morning of our cruise, assuming that they offered this service. I was met with a lot of confused faces from the staff that had no idea what I was talking about.

On Oasis and Allure they offer a much larger Concierge Lounge with a breakfast and lunch menu that is served in a sit down style. A waiter will bring you the menu, you order, and your breakfast appears.

They had the best "everything" omelet that I have ever had on a cruise ship. The food is prepared in the galley that they use for the Chef's Table, so it is prepared very close to the Concierge Lounge.

It included the omelet, hash browns, side of bacon, smoked salmon and toasted bagel. Coffee, tea, OJ, and other juices were available at the coffee station in the lounge, as well as a large assortment of pastries, fruit, etc.

Breakfast in the Concierge Lounge was a pleasure every morning from that point forward during our cruise.

We were in a GS on Freedom and had breakfast several mornings in the specialty restaurant (Portofino on Freedom). There was the same menu everyday. Omelets, Chocolate french toast, a few other things, plus there was a fruit and pastry buffet set up in the dining room. Egg items were made in the kitchen there. When we ordered oatmeal, the waiter went out to the Windjammer to get it. The menu isn't large, but it was nice and quiet and we got personal attention. They are open when Windjammer is open.
We were in a GS last Feb. and our headwaiter came to our table and gave us a card with the special breakfast hours. Very nice, quiet place to have breakfast with cooked to order omlets.

That sounds awesome! We will have our first OS on the Mariner in March, and since it's Spring Break in Texas it will be packed. I can see us really getting a lot of use out of the Chops option!

Archived