Bed placements Oasis/Allure

molly361

Hi i’ve been reading a lot for my upcoming Thanksgiving cruise on the Allure. We are very excited to be gone for 7 days on a balcony. i have two question.

1. Cabin 14208 - where is the bed

2. Is the 14th floor too high or is that a good location.

thanks so muc

tammi

Hi i’ve been reading a lot for my upcoming Thanksgiving cruise on the Allure. We are very excited to be gone for 7 days on a balcony. i have two question.

thanks so muc

tammi

Bed is by the bathroom.

I would prefer to be last least one deck lower, so as not to be directly under the pool deck.

thanks so muc

tammi

Hi,

In 14208, the bed is by the bath. As far as deck and location, it depends on where you spend most of your time- are you a pool person? If you like spending a lot of time on the pool deck, deck 14 is a good location. You are located directly under one of the pool deck walkways, so there may be some noise during the day, but I don’t imagine it’ll be too much of an issue at night- however, I don’t know how early they start to rearrange the deck chairs in the morning! Other than the possible minor noise issue, I think it’s a good location, especially if you spend a lot of time at the pools or Windjammer. I hope I was able to help, and enjoy your cruise!

This thread has been helpful to me to get an idea of what our rooms will be like (first time on Allure, 8686 and 8674) but now I have 4 months to go thinking it will feel cramped because the beds are near the closet. Is it really that bad of a layout? Would love to hear your thoughts! It will be a great cruise regardless!

This thread has been helpful to me to get an idea of what our rooms will be like (first time on Allure, 8686 and 8674) but now I have 4 months to go thinking it will feel cramped because the beds are near the closet. Is it really that bad of a layout? Would love to hear your thoughts! It will be a great cruise regardless!

It is not a matter of the room feeling cramped, it opens up once you get past the bed. The issue is getting in the closet and especially so if you have the bed split into two singles instead of a double. If both people get up at the same time it is not that big of an issue. But if one is an early riser it is hard to get stuff out of the closet without disturbing who is sleeping.

We have had both setups. When we had the bed by the closet I would just get what I wanted for the morning out of the closet the night before. In some ways it is nice to have the sitting area by the balcony unless you like to lie in bed and look outside.

I’ll be on Allure in one week Nov 12 and will be in a balcony cabin 10582 was wondering if the bed is near the balcony? Thank you

10582, bed by closet. I stayed on Deck 10 on Harmony this past April (C2 10207, parents across the hall in D6 10206) and loved the deck, as it seemed to be right in the middle of everything. You’re also close to the forward elevators, which is a plus. Have a wonderful cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10582, bed by closet. I stayed on Deck 10 on Harmony this past April (C2 10207, parents across the hall in D6 10206) and loved the deck, as it seemed to be right in the middle of everything. You’re also close to the forward elevators, which is a plus. Have a wonderful cruise!

Oh great news thank you I'm so excited can't wait!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You’re so welcome! Have you sailed Oasis class before, or is this your first time?

Yes in 2012 my hubby and I sailed Oasis for our 25th wedding anniversary what an amazing ship she was we were on deck 12 Aft that was before they added the additional cabins and there was the secret balcony. We are doing it again for our 30th anniversary. Next ship I want to do is Harmony how was your experience?

Allure cabin 8314. Where is bed placement? Thank you!

8314, bed by balcony. I had this deck when I was on the Allure, as a matter of fact I was in the same area on the other side of the ship, just a few cabins forward and overlooking the Boardwalk (I had 8707, which is directly across from your neighbors in 8307). You’ll love being able to walk through Central Park! Have a great cruise!

Edited by CreativeCruiser119

Yes in 2012 my hubby and I sailed Oasis for our 25th wedding anniversary what an amazing ship she was we were on deck 12 Aft that was before they added the additional cabins and there was the secret balcony. We are doing it again for our 30th anniversary. Next ship I want to do is Harmony how was your experience?

I hope you had a great time! I have been on all 3- Deck 7 Forward Interior on Oasis, Deck 8 Boardwalk Balcony on Allure, and Deck 10 Central Park Balcony on Harmony. Each time, I had parents directly across the hall with an ocean balcony. Harmony was such a wonderful experience, in a lot of ways it feels like Oasis and Allure, but then there are also many ways where you can tell it’s a new ship and of course you have all the new amenities.

That being said, I loved Allure and would gladly cruise any Oasis class ship over and over again, and I can say with confidence you’ll be royally wowed when you board the Allure! I had a great experience on all three, hope to cruise Symphony in 2019, and wrote a report on my Harmony cruise with the link in my signature, so feel free to check it out for more about my experience and ask any questions you may have! I hope you have an amazing time on Allure, and strongly support your decision to cruise Harmony in the future!

Edited by CreativeCruiser119

I hope you had a great time! I have been on all 3- Deck 7 Forward Interior on Oasis, Deck 8 Boardwalk Balcony on Allure, and Deck 10 Central Park Balcony on Harmony. Each time, I had parents directly across the hall with an ocean balcony. Harmony was such a wonderful experience, in a lot of ways it feels like Oasis and Allure, but then there are also many ways where you can tell it’s a new ship and of course you have all the new amenities.

That being said, I loved Allure and would gladly cruise any Oasis class ship over and over again, and I can say with confidence you’ll be royally wowed when you board the Allure! I had a great experience on all three, hope to cruise Symphony in 2019, and wrote a report on my Harmony cruise with the link in my signature, so feel free to check it out for more about my experience and ask any questions you may have! I hope you have an amazing time on Allure, and strongly support your decision to cruise Harmony in the future!

Oh I will check out your Harmony review and can't wait to experience Harmony

very soon ! Did you use Voom on Harmony ?

Oh I will check out your Harmony review and can't wait to experience Harmony

very soon ! Did you use Voom on Harmony ?

I did not use Voom! My family always chooses to unplug for the week and relax on cruises! But every year my mother takes notes while onboard and writes a vacation scrapbook, and this year was my visit ever review and plan to do the same thing for future cruises, the next one being Freedom at the end of March! Thanks so much for checking it out, and if you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to comment on the review or email me at kevkdawg99@yahoo.com and I would be more than happy to give you whatever information you need to have the best cruise experience on these amazing ships.

Hi,

In 14208, the bed is by the bath. As far as deck and location, it depends on where you spend most of your time- are you a pool person? If you like spending a lot of time on the pool deck, deck 14 is a good location. You are located directly under one of the pool deck walkways, so there may be some noise during the day, but I don’t imagine it’ll be too much of an issue at night- however, I don’t know how early they start to rearrange the deck chairs in the morning! Other than the possible minor noise issue, I think it’s a good location, especially if you spend a lot of time at the pools or Windjammer. I hope I was able to help, and enjoy your cruise!

Thank you for the response... I’m still torn, I’ve read that it’s better to have the bed by the window. I have not tried to change yet, still thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the response... I’m still torn, I’ve read that it’s better to have the bed by the window. I have not tried to change yet, still thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No problem! If you are able to change for no extra cost (should be able to within the same category if available), I would do that if I were worried- I have never stayed on Deck 14, so I’m so sorry I can’t be of more assistance! However, on my recent family Harmony cruise, my parents stayed 3 decks down and one forward in 10206, and my brother and I across the hall in 10207, so in this exact same area on Deck 10. It is far from both the elevators (slightly closer to forward elevators), but we looked at it as justifying our eating! My parents had the bed by the balcony, so that means that their next door neighbors in 10208 would have the bed by the closet, and since it is the same on every deck and for all 3 ships, 14208 on Allure would have the same configuration, just with the closet in a different place from where it was on Harmony. (Room across the hall will have the opposite configuration from your room). On Harmony I almost felt like having the bed by the bath was better (since there are 2 closets on either side of the bed), however, for Oasis and Allure, I would prefer the bed by the balcony due to restricted closet access. Either one would not be a dealbreaker for me though, overall it’s a great ship and I think you’ll have an amazing time!

• 2 weeks later...