If Versace Does it Without a Tie....

sail7seas

[/b][/color][/size][/font]

snip>

:D Versace Suit - probably start at about $2,000

Yacht - Millions :eek:

Very true. Versace tuxedos can be had starting at approximately $1000 or the price of a very nice suit. Not quite personal yacht level yet ;)

p.s. There is a Fashion Police (my own personal enforcement authority) . She sits accross from me every night at dinner, formal night or not, and lunch, and breakfast ... and I do my best to impress her ;)

"You aren't sitting at the Algonquin Round table with Woolcott and Benchley and Perelman."

Now there is an event that might be a bit intimidating. But I sure would have liked to be the proverbial "fly-on-the-wall".:)

I always have been bit of a wise a$$ and would have loved to trade quips with them.

That and go to a Friars Roast . Not these things they have on Comedy Central now , where a bunch of nobodys see who can say the F word the most in their allotted time, but back in the day when the old masters used to run them.

I always have been bit of a wise a$$ and would have loved to trade quips with them.

That and go to a Friars Roast . Not these things they have on Comedy Central now , where a bunch of nobodys see who can say the F word the most in their allotted time, but back in the day when the old masters used to run them.

Pretty sure it was the Friars Club that Groucho Marx turned down with the reply that he did not want to be part of any club that would have someone like him as a member.;) He was always one of my favorites.

Pretty sure it was the Friars Club that Groucho Marx turned down with the reply that he did not want to be part of any club that would have someone like him as a member.;) He was always one of my favorites.

I am pretty sure Groucho was a Friar. He may have been talking about the Beverly Hills Country Club. Back in the day the club was restricted and Groucho was denied membership because he was Jewish.

He tried to appeal to the Clubs Membership board by telling them that his daughter was only half Jewish and if they let him join he promised she would only go into the pool up to her waist. :)

I am pretty sure Groucho was a Friar. He may have been talking about the Beverly Hills Country Club. Back in the day the club was restricted and Groucho was denied membership because he was Jewish.

He tried to appeal to the Clubs Membership board by telling them that his daughter was only half Jewish and if they let him join he promised she would only go into the pool up to her waist. :)

Well, as usual, the truth is somewhat ambiguous.

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2011/04/18/groucho-resigns/

It was the Friar's Club, at least according to Wikiquotes:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Groucho_Marx

Well, as usual, the truth is somewhat ambiguous.

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2011/04/18/groucho-resigns/

There are a million great lines like that (especially in Hollywood) and depending on who you talk to , you can't decide who said it, or who they were saying it about.

The old line "Give the people what they want and you will always get a big turnout" is another one. It was said in responce to someones amazement at the huge crowd that gathered for the funeral of a notoriously miserable SOB. Some say it's about Louis B. Mayer, some say Harry Cohn (head of Columbia Pictures ) and its been attriburted to everyone under the sun. Probably Groucho too in someones version.

I think I read on here (don't know which thread) about a poster who posted pictures on here of fellow cruisers who weren't dressed to their liking on formal nights. Might have been on a different cruise line?

There was a thread with photos of cruisers not dressing in "formal dress" on Formal Night a few years ago on HAL...could be what you're referring to here.

I don't recall ever having seen any man on any cruise we've ever been on dressed in a fashion remotely similar to that pushed by the fashionistas. Consequently I think it is safe to say that very few men really care one bit about what Versace or any other designer thinks about men's clothes fashion.

I don't recall ever having seen any man on any cruise we've ever been on dressed in a fashion remotely similar to that pushed by the fashionistas. Consequently I think it is safe to say that very few men really care one bit about what Versace or any other designer thinks about men's clothes fashion.

I quite agree .

I think the best dressed people are the ones who know themselves and dress accordingly. Not like someone 30 years younger , or 50 lbs lighter , or what some designer says they should be wearing . But what they feel comfortable in as well as their own skin.

That is more attractive than half the stuff you see on a runway.

Who is Versace? Does he shop at Sam's Club?

lol, John. I think Versace died a few years ago...and his sister continued with their design firm... I may be wrong...but I think not.

Thinking he didn't shop at Sam's Club as you do, or BJ's as we do (no Sam's Club near us!).

lol, John. I think Versace died a few years ago...and his sister continued with their design firm... I may be wrong...but I think not.

Thinking he didn't shop at Sam's Club as you do, or BJ's as we do (no Sam's Club near us!).

He was murdered in Miami.

"I'm watching the Today show and they are showing the line Versace is introducing at H&M. A male model just modeled a black tuxedo with bright red/orange shirt and no tie. "

Maybe I'm not up with fashion, but I'm rather surprised no one has commented on what leapt out at me on this one: "bright red/orange shirt".

Did he say "trick or treat"?

~TC

There was a thread with photos of cruisers not dressing in "formal dress" on Formal Night a few years ago on HAL...could be what you're referring to here.

please.........

CAN WE NOT GO THERE?

Oh yes, well do I remember that thread! :eek: I wonder if "RevNeal" could return to the HAL CCB to comment (on that lengthy thread)! :D

Archived