Current Concierges continued

PH8

You guys are so knowledgable on the CL and DL I have a question. We are new to the D+ group and always stay in a suite (GS +). We are booked on a back to back in Austust/September, 2013 aboard the Vision of the Seas. I see on the list it says none until 10/23/13 (Refurb), does this mean we will have no access to CL or Diamond Lounges or persons?

Anyway we can call Crown and Anchor and get that Refurb pushed up a couple of months? lol

That is correct. Vision will be in to dry dock for her enhancements after completing her September 14th itinerary and will not be back in service until October 28. Here is the current enhancement schedule http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf

Dumb question re: consierge -

I am sailing on the Brilliance first cruise out of drydock with her new C lounge and new Diamond lounge....

I will enjoy an owners suite and I am a diamond member. Does this mean I have access to both lounges? Does one have more benefits than the other?

And do you know the new Diamond consierge for the Brilliance yet?

I look forward to seeing Betsy in C lounge again!

Thanks very much

Debra

When we were on the Radiance OTS, we chatted with several D+ and suite holders who said that the Diamond Lounge was nicer than the Concierge Lounge because it faced forward and looked onto the pool deck.

Also interesting to hear that some D+ cruisers were miffed by the 'snooty attitude' of some of the frequenters of the Concierge Lounge.

Also interesting to hear that some D+ cruisers were miffed by the 'snooty attitude' of some of the frequenters of the Concierge Lounge.

Oh gee, I hope not! We will be on our 1st RC cruise later this year and splurged on a GS and are looking forward to using the CL but don't want to be looked down upon. :(

yes, you will have access for both lounges... I am in an owners a month later on Brilliance.

Can't wait to hear how you like the new rooms.

Thanks to all who replied....

From what I have been told, the refurb is really more in specialty restaurants, pool big screen, and ship wide wi fi.....I think the cabins just get new TV's but I don't think they get new decor....They SHOULD but, I think the rest they are doing will be alot of $$. Changing some bars and adding another.

Will be happy to post what they did and how it works when I return end of May. I have sailed on the Brilliance 5x and love the ship and it's crew/ service. New isn't always better, but I hope so!!!

It will have both C and D lounges next to each other top deck, forgot #....they turn the old C lounge into a suite. SO for fabulous coffee - have to leave deck 10 and go up to lounges.....Was so easy before. Check new Brilliance deck plans for details.

Still, if weather cooperates, will be a great cruise!!!

ALSO, 3 of 5 times have been in GS/OS and the consierge lounge - like everywhere else and on most of the ships....you will find some WONDERFUL people you look forward to meeting for an evening cocktail or a morning coffee....and there may or may not be a snooty couple that would BE that way regardless of where they were....just IGNORE them. They are in the minority! More friendly and nice than a very few that will never be happy.

Thanks again

Debra

I love her. I was so disappointed to board Rhapsody only to find she had departed the ship the same day. Although I really enjoyed the regular Rhapsody concierges. We've had Karen on 2 different cruises and I hope to enjoy her lounge again one day. She is very pleasant and outgoing, she'll visit the overflow lounge regularly if there is one, and she does an overall excellent job performing all of her concierge services.

Gina

I second the endorsement and am also bummed that she won't be aboard in May.

As a suite holder, you will have a gold seapass card and that will get you into anywhere you want to go, including Concierge.

I'm hoping that the Brilliance refurb has included a Diamond Club.

I thought that suite pax were only allowed into the Diamond Lounge if they qualified by their C&A status, but could go to the Diamond Event on ships with no CL.:confused:

Edited by critterchick

That is correct. Vision will be in to dry dock for her enhancements after completing her September 14th itinerary and will not be back in service until October 28. Here is the current enhancement schedule http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf

Hey Patti - any idea when or if Jewel will make it back on the enhancement schedule? Of course with Brilliance taking over the Jewel's previous itineraries, this information is less vital for us than previously.

I thought that suite pax were only allowed into the Diamond Lounge if they qualified by their C&A status, but could go to the Diamond Event on ships with no CL.:confused:

Just to confirm, my question stated I am in a suite AND I am a Diamond member, so I was just wondering where I could or should go....

I think I can do both?

Thanks

Just to confirm, my question stated I am in a suite AND I am a Diamond member, so I was just wondering where I could or should go....

I think I can do both?

Thanks

If you are Diamond and also in a Grand Suite or better, you have access to both the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge. You can choose one or both, it does not matter, it's all up to whatever you prefer. The perks are the same with either one.

The only slight difference that comes to mind is that children are allowed in the CL during the nightly cocktail hour, whereas children are not (yet) allowed in the DL during the cocktail hour.

I think I can do both?

Thanks

If you have a suite you are allowed in concierge. As a Diamond, you are allowed in the Diamond lounge. So yes, both.

At diamond plus you are also allowed to attend both lounges.

Thank you both for the help! I just saved a 15 min hold on C&A phone!

Really looking forward to the refurb on Brilliance.

Debra

That probably would had given you totally different info anyway..:rolleyes:

The info above is correct..:p

Hey Patti - any idea when or if Jewel will make it back on the enhancement schedule? Of course with Brilliance taking over the Jewel's previous itineraries, this information is less vital for us than previously.

Its not going to be enchance...........it will take over the MJ run which currently doesn't have a concierge....:eek:

haha..just kidding.......But I'm sure it's not the first false rumor you have heard lately..;);)

Its not going to be enchance...........it will take over the MJ run which currently doesn't have a concierge....:eek:

haha..just kidding.......But I'm sure it's not the first false rumor you have heard lately..;);)

Wow! You had me fooled. I'm on my phone and couldn't see the rest of what you said. I was wondering how you got this MJ info. Whew!!

Saw that Bill and have no idea what's going on.

Wow! You had me fooled. I'm on my phone and couldn't see the rest of what you said. I was wondering how you got this MJ info. Whew!!

I missed Kathy's last line as well, Gina. Not funny PH;) Must have been the shock that made me stop reading and I may have advanced the rumor in responding to someone else's question about the Jewel

Edited by negc

My cruise leaves inten days and I have yet to hear from the concierge on Grandeur. I want to book a cabana, should I email them?

I would. It's been my experience that Suite guests usually get an email from the Concierge about a week prior to the cruise.

My cruise leaves inten days and I have yet to hear from the concierge on Grandeur. I want to book a cabana, should I email them?

I would. It's been my experience that Suite guests usually get an email from the Concierge about a week prior to the cruise.

The GR concierge is doing a changeover tomorrow,so I would wait till then.....the original one(Efren) may not forward the info to the new one(Ruth)

This is a really interesting thread!

I too was on that recent Radiance round trip round Australia and there was a child allowed in the Diamond lounge but it was apparently not without some effort on the part of the parents. The child (who was a darling and well behaved young man) went everywhere with Mom and Pop and was himself Diamond status. He was originally declined admittance but the ship relented. Probably quite a conundrum for the ship's staff given the rules!

We too met the D+ cruisers who chose the Diamond lounge over the Concierge and they told us they found the folks they spoke to were very work-focussed, "What do you do" and that sort of thing and, mostly talked about their work and work achievements. They were retired and said they didn't want to talk about work. The Diamond crowd was more their set, folks who were interested in travel and had the time to pursue it.

Cheers, cat

We too met the D+ cruisers who chose the Diamond lounge over the Concierge and they told us they found the folks they spoke to were very work-focussed, "What do you do" and that sort of thing and, mostly talked about their work and work achievements. They were retired and said they didn't want to talk about work. The Diamond crowd was more their set, folks who were interested in travel and had the time to pursue it.

This is interesting and does make some sense - the CL would likely have (for the most part) pax from suites who still work whereas the DL has more veteran cruisers who are less focused on work. I am recently retired also and don't really want to tell work war stories any more so I will keep that in mind when visiting the CL on Indy later this year. Thank you for the insights.

Edited by joepeka