Looking to be another delayed Liberty boarding

bajathree

what side of the ship are you on? i will be on the port side. where is the camera located?

The Port Everglades webcam is on the port side of the ship.

Here is a photo where it is located

314568_2191588991836_1310461149_31997059_2074513734_n.jpg

We were on the TA with Larry and In the Air was unbelieveable. Larry, we are waiting on our reimbusement for the Everglades Tour that we never got to go on due to our late departure last Saturday. I know of at least two possibly more buses were brought in to take everyone to the airport that should have gone on Post cruise tours. Other then the disembarking, the cruise was worth the wait.

Gay

Yes, they did.....and I remember we were a delayed debarking last Thanksgiving off Liberty western.....that was in Miami and I rember the porters telling us they are always held up when a ship returns from Belize.

We have an 11:30 flight after our return on 12/29. This itinerary stops in Belize. Should I look at getting a later flight?

Thanks very much.

I never consider a return flight later then the afternoon, as one never knows if you will be delayed. This was the first time we have ever encountered such a mess getting off a ship. As a result of our Liberty being so delayed in getting people off, many missed their flights and ended up on standby. We had a 3:20 flight back to So Calif so were fine. Several people from our Roll Call didn't get off until 11:30

I never consider a return flight later then the afternoon, as one never knows if you will be delayed. This was the first time we have ever encountered such a mess getting off a ship. As a result of our Liberty being so delayed in getting people off, many missed their flights and ended up on standby. We had a 3:20 flight back to So Calif so were fine. Several people from our Roll Call didn't get off until 11:30

Yes...but that was returning from a Transatlantic. Those always seem to have very slow disembarkation and a very delayed boarding, no matter the port.

I could retire now if I could predict the future...but generally on most sailings out of Ft. Lauderdale, an 11:30 flight should be fine, even from a Belize cruise. :D:):D

Yes...but that was returning from a Transatlantic. Those always seem to have very slow disembarkation and a very delayed boarding, no matter the port.

I could retire now if I could predict the future...but generally on most sailings out of Ft. Lauderdale, an 11:30 flight should be fine, even from a Belize cruise. :D:):D

Our two previous westbound transatlantic cruises ended on NYC-no delays, easy disembarkation.

this time we made our 11:30flight, but we did self disembarkation, so we were off the ship before most passengers.

Saturday Night Fever show was very good - don't miss it. The Ice Show is excellent too. We missed In the Air:(

CD is Mike Hunnerup, he was average at best IMHO. AD was Rick something or other, he was just OK too.

If LOS uses term 25 and building 22/24, don't get your hopes up for a quick disembarkation.

Does anyone know if Belize is on the itinerary for the current cruise? I'll be boarding LOS on Monday and wondering if we should expect a delay then as well?

I believe Liberty is on a 4 day cruise now with a single stop in Cozumel.

The problem with our disembarking, it affected even those doing self disembarking, and due to lack of control on the ships part, everyone got held up in the stairways etc, which caused a huge backup and those in the elevators couldn't get off. The other numbers couldn't be called. The member of the staff in the Schooner Bar where we were waiting appologized for the delay and explained that the line waiting to get off was backed up and so they couldn't call for the other groups except in small amounts.

When we did finally start going off, my DH was ahead of me going down the walkway and I am held up at the machine where you swipe your Sea pass Card for some 15 minutes or better.

We weren't called until after 10 and had an 8:35 Post cruise tour of the Everglades which we missed along with maybe 100 others going on tours as well. It was around 11 when we arrived at the airport and had to wait until 3:20 for our flight, but many others with early flights were on standby. We were reimbused for the missed tour. We have only cruised 5 times now since 2002 and have never encounered this before. Granted it was our first TA so can't compare to a previous TA cruising.

Just to chip in here...

I sailed Liberty in 2009, and we stopped in Belize. It took forever to get off the boat, we finally got off around 10:45am. There was some big hold up at customs. I don't know if this related to all this Belize talk that other posters have mentioned.

We have an 11:30 flight after our return on 12/29. This itinerary stops in Belize. Should I look at getting a later flight?

Thanks very much.

We disembarked yesterday. Even though it was a mess and we had ship's transfers, we were at MIA by 10:15.

We chose express disembarkation because we had small bags and wanted to get off the ship early. We left the cabin at 8:15, and figured we would get off the ship on Deck 4, which is where they had the express d. people meeting (in the MDR). WRONG! They were disembarking from Deck 1, which meant that everybody had to carry their bags down another 3 flights of stairs to get off. The elevator door opened on Deck 4 and we got off, but quickly realized what was going on and got back in. When we got off on Deck 1 we just merged into the queue since there wasn't any way to get to the back of it at that point, as it snaked all the way up to Deck 4. So we were actually off the ship fairly quickly. I think that, had we been on Deck 4 or 5, we would have been stuck until about 9:00 even on express.

Immigration consisted of a glance at our passports and "have a nice day." (We did visit Belize). The longest delay was waiting for the bus to fill up, which took about 40 minutes. And I think that there people with checked luggage on the bus with us, but I would highly recommend DIY.

If you're going from FLL and it would cost you $150pp to change your flight, I'd leave it as is. But if you can make it a little later in the day, I'd do it.

What time did you finally step off of the ship? I have an early flight, we will definitely self disembark!
I never actually heard self disembarkation called, but I occasionally checked the electronic boards near the elevator lobbies. Originally self disembarkation was scheduled from 7:15 to 7:45, but they posted delays on the boards. Although I never heard an announcement, at about 8:20, I noticed the board listing for self disembarkation changed to "already called." We had been waiting for an elevator for over 20 minutes at that point, and all were full, every time, both up and down. so we gave up on the elevators and hauled our suitcases down the stairs from deck 10 to deck 1. At that point the stair wells were clear with light stream of passengers walking up or down. We were held up a bit one deck one, but exited the ship at about 8:30. Once off the ship, we were directed to a slow moving line walking to the next terminal to see the immigration authorities. there were only 4 immigration officers, and the ship had to slow down passenger flow to the pace of the immigration officers. I presume that is when the stairways clogged with people and luggage. We cleared customs at about 9:15. As people were trickling out from immigration, there was no wait for taxis at that time.

If you have are going to do self disembarkation and have an early flight, pack lightly. Hopefully lightly enough that you can carry your luggage down the stairs if you cannot get an elevator. If we had not been able to carry our luggage down the stairs, I cannot begin to guess when we might have gotten an elevator and how long we might have been delayed. YMMV. Maybe more immigration officers will be dispatched for your disembarkation and maybe ship communications will be better. I really hope so... Good luck.

We sail on the Liberty in a couple weeks with my folks who have limited mobility so no self-assist debarkation for us. While my folks can walk short distances, we always get them wheelchairs when disembarking.

Does anyone know what deck and designated area for wheelchair assist on the Liberty is? Our folks can't handle the long walk between terminals as was the case the last time we debarked in Ft. Lauderdale.

We are Diamond plus (1st time - yea!) and are curious what time they allow folks off after self-assist is done.

Thx

re;wheelchair assistance guest relations will have all the proper info. i go there the night before departure to advise them that i need assistance for the wheelchair. do not go to area for the diamond departure lounge as no one will be there to help you. have taken so many ships cant remember if the liberty has boleros as a meeting place or if that was on another ship. the info will also or should be also listed in the departure info section on the daily.

We sail on the Liberty in a couple weeks with my folks who have limited mobility so no self-assist debarkation for us. While my folks can walk short distances, we always get them wheelchairs when disembarking.

Does anyone know what deck and designated area for wheelchair assist on the Liberty is? Our folks can't handle the long walk between terminals as was the case the last time we debarked in Ft. Lauderdale.

We are Diamond plus (1st time - yea!) and are curious what time they allow folks off after self-assist is done.

Thx

for the transatlantic, wheel chair assist passengers had a meeting area on deck 4, IIRC. Even before things went crazy, Royal had warned that WC assistance would take extra time. I would not schedule an early flight.

Thx

Tag 1 (not necessarily D+) was supposed to be 8:15, but I imagine that it was closer to 9:00 yesterday. I don't know how they decided who got which tags - we did receive 1, but other D+/PC got tags as high as 24 (although that couple was on a B2B so wouldn't have needed any tags).

The waiting area for P/D/D+/PC was the Sphinx on Deck 5, which would put you forward. I imagine that you would have had to go aft and then down the stairs to Deck 1, rather than going down the forward elevators and down the crew hallway, to get off the ship. Getting a wheelchair through looked like a massive challenge.

I also don't know if Deck 1 is the usual point for exit - we entered on Deck 4, so I imagine that something went awry.

Just to chip in here...

I sailed Liberty in 2009, and we stopped in Belize. It took forever to get off the boat, we finally got off around 10:45am. There was some big hold up at customs. I don't know if this related to all this Belize talk that other posters have mentioned.

We disembarked yesterday. Even though it was a mess and we had ship's transfers, we were at MIA by 10:15.

If you're going from FLL and it would cost you $150pp to change your flight, I'd leave it as is. But if you can make it a little later in the day, I'd do it.

If you have are going to do self disembarkation and have an early flight, pack lightly. Hopefully lightly enough that you can carry your luggage down the stairs if you cannot get an elevator. If we had not been able to carry our luggage down the stairs, I cannot begin to guess when we might have gotten an elevator and how long we might have been delayed. YMMV. Maybe more immigration officers will be dispatched for your disembarkation and maybe ship communications will be better. I really hope so... Good luck.

Thanks everyone! My flight time is 11:30. It would cost almost as much as the original price to change it. So, I plan to begin making my way to deck one at 7:30. I'll carry our luggage and bypass the elevators. We're only on deck 7 and the suitcases roll.

Thanks everyone! My flight time is 11:30. It would cost almost as much as the original price to change it. So, I plan to begin making my way to deck one at 7:30. I'll carry our luggage and bypass the elevators. We're only on deck 7 and the suitcases roll.

Please do not go all the way down to deck one before they call self disembarkation. It is not a public deck and there is little space there. Unlike the TA, they seem to have a waiting area now for self disembarkation. If you wait there, you are already down half the stairs and you will not be in the way. If you can carry your own luggage, you should make your flight unless something really strange happens.

Please do not go all the way down to deck one before they call self disembarkation. It is not a public deck and there is little space there. Unlike the TA, they seem to have a waiting area now for self disembarkation. If you wait there, you are already down half the stairs and you will not be in the way. If you can carry your own luggage, you should make your flight unless something really strange happens.

Duly noted. I will find out where we are permitted to wait.

Archived