Fee for cappuccino/espresso after dinner

llam

I have never been charged for an after dinner espresso in the MDR. I also request a double shot espresso with my room service breakfast and it has also been free. You have to write it in on the room service card however, this was a tip I picked up from CC several years ago. I do not care for HALs regular coffee by its self so I mix the ds expresso with the regular coffee.

We just returned from the NE/Canada cruise--13 days. My husband had cappuccino most eveings after dinner in the MDR, and there was no charge. In fact, after the first or 2nd night, the server automatically brought it.:) Ciao! hmh

We just returned from the NE/Canada cruise--13 days. My husband had cappuccino most evenings after dinner in the MDR, and there was no charge. In fact, after the first or 2nd night, the server automatically brought it.:) Ciao! hmh

We just returned from the NE/Canada cruise--13 days. My husband had cappuccino most eveings after dinner in the MDR, and there was no charge. In fact, after the first or 2nd night, the server automatically brought it.:) Ciao! hmh

Scheduled to sale for New Years!!!! Never sailed on Holland America, but I already love this cruise line more each day. Bring on the cappuccino. Maybe it will be my new favorite:D.

But be forewarned - the cap/esp and coffee concoctions are not free in the Explorations Cafe.

They used to be free in the Explorations Cafe's predecessor - the Java Cafe. Haven't figured out why people would want to pay for something that's available in the MDR and Neptune Lounge for free.... same for the pastries....

They used to be free in the Explorations Cafe's predecessor - the Java Cafe. Haven't figured out why people would want to pay for something that's available in the MDR and Neptune Lounge for free.... same for the pastries....

Like DH and I, we often stop at Explorations to read or go online throughout the day, especially on sea days...and will enjoy a latte there...never have had the pastries though.

Haven't figured out why people would want to pay for something that's available in the MDR and Neptune Lounge for free.... same for the pastries....
The pastries in the Explorations Cafe are free; even if you don't buy a coffee, if you ask they won't refuse.

For a small fee you, and if you love coffee you should not miss Hal's traditional and famous Flaming Spanish Coffee Brandy. It is so good. Ask your wine steward or go the Explorers Lounge for after dinner liquours, chocalates, and Adagio strings.

Thanks, Chief! I hadn't heard of that...on our next cruise, when we're in the Explorers Lounge, I will order one!

For a small fee you, and if you love coffee you should not miss Hal's traditional and famous Flaming Spanish Coffee Brandy. It is so good. Ask your wine steward or go the Explorers Lounge for after dinner liquours, chocalates, and Adagio strings.

I had forgotten about that coffee drink and will have one or two soon. Thanks for the reminder.:D

This is probably a silly question, but do they have de-caf cappuccino in the MDR after dinner? :o I can't sleep if I have caffeinated coffee in the evening.

Yes they do, my wife would always have de-caf cappuccino every night after dinner in the MDR. And like mentioned early on this thread the servers would remember and bring it every time during desert. She liked liked it also. I am not a coffe drinker so I have no thoughts on it.

Well, I've never been charged for any pastries at the Explorations Cafe on any HAL ship! ;)

Like DH and I, we often stop at Explorations to read or go online throughout the day, especially on sea days...and will enjoy a latte there...never have had the pastries though.

Sheila, do try the cinnamon buns! :) You have to be quick though, as from past experience, they are usually all gone by 1100! :D

Archived