E-cig

bbdqsony

"Smoking

For the comfort and enjoyment of our guests, our ships are designated as nonsmoking;

however, we recognize that some of our guests smoke. Therefore, to

provide an onboard environment that also satisfies smokers, we have designated

certain public and private areas of the ship as “smoking areas.” This policy

includes smoking-like products such as electronic cigarettes."

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/Guest_Conduct_Policy.pdf

I was about to say the same thing. Severely???

You do know it's water vapor and not smoke at all??

My husband tried them-did not work for him. no odor at all.

what should be handled severely according to the rules are the chair hogs!!!:p

I think it's pretty clear that electronic cigarettes are handled just like the real thing.

I can see why. Who's going to go around individually inspecting each one to see if it's real or electronic? Plus, I think the real thing smells better than the electronic ones. lol.

Had to go check-CigeleX No smell-no vapor at all. No different then puffin' away on a Twizzler.;)

I personally see no reason why these would not be allowed.

Because they aren't. See the above post that specifically addresses them. As another poster said, who would go around and check to make sure they were e-cig and not the real thing?

Love my e-cig. Love it so much I sell them online. lol

Like Cigar King said, best I'd need is a quick puff and then it goes back into its case.

Frankly, I think they look different than real cigarettes, and the smell is totally different from real cigs.

But I will keep it to the smoking areas :)

Because they aren't.

I get that they aren't and myself and as would all smokers, abide by the rule.

Even though the chair hogs don't follow the rules!!:p

Now-either CigeleX is completely different or it's broken. No fumes, the tip lights up but nothing comes out when you exhale.

I get that they aren't and myself and as would all smokers, abide by the rule.

Even though the chair hogs don't follow the rules!!:p

Now-either CigeleX is completely different or it's broken. No fumes, the tip lights up but nothing comes out when you exhale.

It's probably broken, although that brand never really got good reviews anyway.

Switch to a PV that's a "pen" style (like an eGo). They don't look anything like a cigarette, they don't light up like a cigarette, they don't smell like a cigarette, and we've never had any difficulty using them anywhere on RCI ships.

Is it ok to smoke e-cig while watch a ice show? She has asked me to ask that.

It seems clear that the rules say no. OTOH, if she just took it out and had a couple quick hits and put it back, I can't imagine that anything would happen. Personally I think she should do it and report the results. Science!

Is it ok to smoke e-cig while watch a ice show? She has asked me to ask that.

No, it's not OK. You got your answer in the second post, the first reply to your original question. Policy states no smoking, e-cigs or otherwise except in designated smoking areas. Seems pretty simple to me.

The thing is, the e-cigs look so real that someone is bound to complain. They just included e-cigs in the smoking policy to cover their bases. Again, IMO, pretty simple stuff. :)

We just got off the Navigator transatlantic. Someone was sat at the bar was smoking an ecigarette - barman approched him re smoking, gentleman pointed out it was an ecigarette, barman walked away saying Ok then.

We just got off the Navigator transatlantic. Someone was sat at the bar was smoking an ecigarette - barman approched him re smoking, gentleman pointed out it was an ecigarette, barman walked away saying Ok then.

Oh my, this is the kind of news that gets the rules ****s knickers in a twist. ;-)

without a "quick hit" from a real or otherwise cigarette, perhaps they should just skip the ice show and enjoy their smoke somewhere else.

Did you ever smoke??? A little understanding might help in this situation. If someone is fighting the good fight to quit and a quick drag of a fake cigarette may help them get through the beginning stages of quitting, I'm thinking we could all get through that moment without security!!;)

happy thanksgiving all!!

Archived