Breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill

dthomaso

Actually, we tried Breakfast in the Pinnacle on our Circle Hawaii cruise. It had to be the worst dining experience we have ever had on a HAL cruise.

There were 4 of us, 2 of our breakfasts were served while the other 2 who had ordered omelet's sat unserved with no explanation. It took an hour for them to finally serve the 2 missing breakfasts. During this time we asked about the food when we finally flagged down someone to refill the coffee since our waiter had disappeared. The Pnnacle manager finally came over after the food was served and 1 of the 2 cabins at the table received apologetic chocolate covered strawberries later.

Not what we expected as a "perk"

That's a shame. We had poor service on the Nieuw Amsterdam first day. i did talk to the manager and we gave them a second try the second day. Much improved :D:D I was SO impressed with the PG on the Prinsendam that I not only put a note on my survey, but wrote the hotel manager and a note to HAL. On that ship it was a HUGE perk. :D Normally PG breakfasts are very nice and very relaxing. Sorry yours wasn't. What a disappointment.

We think Maasdam does a particularly good job for Pinnacle Breakfast. We have enjoyed many there. :)

Actually, we enjoyed them on all the ships we've sailed in the last few years....... Westerdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Eurodam, Noordam and Maasdam.

Actually, we tried Breakfast in the Pinnacle on our Circle Hawaii cruise. It had to be the worst dining experience we have ever had on a HAL cruise.

There were 4 of us, 2 of our breakfasts were served while the other 2 who had ordered omelet's sat unserved with no explanation. It took an hour for them to finally serve the 2 missing breakfasts. During this time we asked about the food when we finally flagged down someone to refill the coffee since our waiter had disappeared. The Pnnacle manager finally came over after the food was served and 1 of the 2 cabins at the table received apologetic chocolate covered strawberries later.

Not what we expected as a "perk"

We had the same type of experience on the NA this past fall. The first morning we went, although there were at most only 6 guests in the room, we waited over 10 minutes to be served and then had our order mixed up resulting in a delay of almost 1/2 hour.

The second time we were the only guests there and it still took an hour to have breakfast. Thankfully both times we had a window table and could enjoy the view while waiting.

Needless to say we never went to the Pinnacle on a port day.

We think Maasdam does a particularly good job for Pinnacle Breakfast. We have enjoyed many there. :)

Actually, we enjoyed them on all the ships we've sailed in the last few years....... Westerdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Eurodam, Noordam and Maasdam.

I can't imagine how they could have served us any better in the PG on the Maasdam. Breakfast was a great experience and we consider it one of the best deluxe suite amenities.

I can't imagine how they could have served us any better in the PG on the Maasdam. Breakfast was a great experience and we consider it one of the best deluxe suite amenities.

We won't be on the Maasdam until next month for the first time. Appreciate yours and Sails comments. They're going to have to go pretty far to beat the P'dam though ;) And it's ok if they do - or are even equal:):):):)

I definitely agree with you Randy. This is one of the perks that we REALLY enjoy:D

We won't be on the Maasdam until next month for the first time. Appreciate yours and Sails comments. They're going to have to go pretty far to beat the P'dam though ;) And it's ok if they do - or are even equal:):):):)

I definitely agree with you Randy. This is one of the perks that we REALLY enjoy:D

Unfortunately our 2010 Prinsendam cruise had to be canceled and we couldn't take the same itinerary in 2012 because of one of the stops. Too bad as it looks like we'll never get to try her out now. I've heard almost nothing but good about the Prinsendam so not surprised you had such a good experience. Nothing is for sure but I think you'll really enjoy the Maasdam.

Unfortunately our 2010 Prinsendam cruise had to be canceled and we couldn't take the same itinerary in 2012 because of one of the stops. Too bad as it looks like we'll never get to try her out now. I've heard almost nothing but good about the Prinsendam so not surprised you had such a good experience. Nothing is for sure but I think you'll really enjoy the Maasdam.

Pretty sure that's a safe bet :) We go into everything with an open mind and a glass 1/2 full kind of attitude. After all, it will be warm and we are out of the winter, snow & ice. Looking forward to experiencing her. Haven't been on her so it will be a nice, new experience:)

We really enjoyed breakfast in the Pinnacle. Nice way to start the day. Only (minor) complaint would be the toast was cold. On our cruise it was utilized quite a bit for breakfast. Hours were 7:30 to 9.

Something else I don't have to worry about because I will never be able to afford one of the suites so won't have to be concerned about PG breakfast.:D

Never say never - the upgrade fairy could visit you someday:):):):)

On board the Volendam, the Pinnacle Grill staff serve the suite breakfast in the Kings Room.

they did that on the Noordam when we were on her too. I think because of the windows and beautiful views. It was very nice there:D

We had a deluxe suite for our Alaska Zuiderdam cruise last August and only ate breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill once. It was-----okay. The next morning we went back to the Lido. While I love the ambiance of the MDR in the evening and enjoy a long, well served dinner,-- in the morning when I am still sluggish I love the hustle and bustle of the Lido. The people watching is second to none and the food is excellent. You can pick it up hot and eat it hot. In the MDR and in the Pinnacle breakfast is lukewarm.

they did that on the Noordam when we were on her too. I think because of the windows and beautiful views. It was very nice there:D

I think you're confused with another ship.

Noordam has Suite breakfast in Pinnacle....... you certainly can request to sit in the area by the windows.

I think you're confused with another ship.

Noordam has Suite breakfast in Pinnacle....... you certainly can request to sit in the area by the windows.

yup - I was - sorry about that :o I had to go back on my record on HAL to make sure - it was the Rotterdam:o Now, how could I have confused those two:confused: sorry about that.

yup - I was - sorry about that :o I had to go back on my record on HAL to make sure - it was the Rotterdam:o Now, how could I have confused those two:confused: sorry about that.

:) Yes, you're right about it being Rotterdam.

Rotterdam's Pinnacle is converted from what was originally Odyssey (an Italian Restaurant) which was formerly in that space. It isn an interior location and having Suite Breakfast in King's Room permits for pretty views and daylight rather than being in a windowless room.

Archived