Breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill

dthomaso

What makes breakfast in the Pinnacle so great? I recognize that a smaller, more intimate setting has advantages but is the fare exceptional?

I believe it is the same fare as the MDR .. it's more of an exclusivity thing..with a bit more service and attention to the guest

What makes breakfast in the Pinnacle so great? I recognize that a smaller, more intimate setting has advantages but is the fare exceptional?

It's a nice, peaceful way to start the day. When DH and I cruised to Alaska, we had breakfast in the PG every morning. MOST mornings we were the only passengers in the entire restaurant. :cool:

It's a nice, peaceful way to start the day. When DH and I cruised to Alaska, we had breakfast in the PG every morning. MOST mornings we were the only passengers in the entire restaurant. :cool:

Wow, I am surprised, do they "advertise" it to the suite passengers? Also I am curious what they would do if a regular Joe shows up.

Kirk

Wow, I am surprised, do they "advertise" it to the suite passengers? Also I am curious what they would do if a regular Joe shows up.

Kirk

Yes, that's listed as a Deluxe Suite perk. If a "regular Joe" shows up, the PG manager politely points him toward the MDR.

Breakfast in the Pinnacle is special. I don't recall the variety of poached eggs in the MDR that are on the Pinnacle's menu - with salmon, with spinach, Canadian bacon, etc ., all topped with Hollandaise. There's also an English Breakfast, and a Scandinavian Breakfast with herring and salmon. We ate there 7 times and had excellent service and food prep each time.

My experience in the MDR is that breakfast service is slow - not our experience in October in the Pinnacle on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

The first day we went, they asked for our key card (which for PS/SA/SB/SC is colored gold) and never asked again. I guess we are hard faces to forget!:rolleyes:

Breakfast in the PG is a nice perk and while we take advantage of it it's not the reason we book suites. We like the cabin and the verandah, the perks in and of themselves probably don't justify the added cost. We've been in suites long before there was a Neptune Lounge or Pinnacle Grill for breakfast.

Kirk

It is listed as one of the suite perks. But since you can order anything you want for breakfast in the suites, we prefer to eat on our balcony where you don't have to dress and can have a cigarette with the morning coffee!:)

Also I am curious what they would do if a regular Joe shows up.

Kirk

They check your card at the door - if it isn't gold, you're shown to the MDR.

I enjoy breakfast in Pinnacle - Like fixed seating at dinner, the staff gets to know who you are, your preferences, etc - and it's a nice place to hang out and wait on Disembarcation day rather than fighting the lines at the gangway.

[ Like fixed seating at dinner, the staff gets to know who you are, your preferences, etc - and it's a nice place to hang out and wait on Disembarcation day rather than fighting the lines at the gangway.[/size][/font]

Yes. The staff knew us VERY well by the end of the cruise. It was rather fun, always had 2-3 people at our beck and call. LOL It was nice to have the time to chat with them and get to know their backgrounds a little better. Looking forward to it in just a couple days!!

And, yes, we did see people get turned away. They are very polite but very diligent about it!

Breakfast in the Pinnacle is special. I don't recall the variety of poached eggs in the MDR that are on the Pinnacle's menu - with salmon, with spinach, Canadian bacon, etc ., all topped with Hollandaise. There's also an English Breakfast, and a Scandinavian Breakfast with herring and salmon. We ate there 7 times and had excellent service and food prep each time.

My experience in the MDR is that breakfast service is slow - not our experience in October in the Pinnacle on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

The first day we went, they asked for our key card (which for PS/SA/SB/SC is colored gold) and never asked again. I guess we are hard faces to forget!:rolleyes:

Maybe not in the MDR, (where I would never go for breakfast), but they are in the Lido! :)

• 2 months later...

Actually, we tried Breakfast in the Pinnacle on our Circle Hawaii cruise. It had to be the worst dining experience we have ever had on a HAL cruise.

There were 4 of us, 2 of our breakfasts were served while the other 2 who had ordered omelet's sat unserved with no explanation. It took an hour for them to finally serve the 2 missing breakfasts. During this time we asked about the food when we finally flagged down someone to refill the coffee since our waiter had disappeared. The Pnnacle manager finally came over after the food was served and 1 of the 2 cabins at the table received apologetic chocolate covered strawberries later.

Not what we expected as a "perk"

On Princess in the suite breakfast venue you get complimentary mimosas or bloddy Mary's. Do they do this in the Pinnicle or do you pay for them?

HAL does not provide complimentary bloody mary's or mimosas at Pinnacle breakfast.

Archived