Constellation refurb

ackieboy

I know that the Constellation was already solsticized. However, that was before the decision was made to add Aqua Class and Blu to the M Class ships. I was wondering if anyone knows if there are further plans to add Aqua Class and Blu to the Connie during a future dry dock? Thanks for the info.

Regards,

Dean

All of us Connie fans are hoping that Celebrity comes to its senses and DOES NOT do this to the Connie. These additions would require the subtraction of a substantial amount of public space and the addition of more passengers. Therefore, the passenger space ratio plummets. That's one of the things I enjoy about the M class ships--the sense of never being crowded. Plus, the addition of the aqua class cabins will remove about half of the outdoor walking area. And a place where one could always find a lounge chair outdoors.

Therefore, many of us view this potential conversion as wrecking an otherwise excellent ship.

Oh well, one of the risks of posting on board such as these. If people want to flame me for posting the facts, not much I can do about it.

Actually, he didn't get flamed, a couple of his assumptions were questioned in a very nice way. And before anyone says anything I basically agree with many of the things on this thread started by Boggs, I questioned some things in the other thread which I believe were overlooked... Here's the thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1522556

The way I read it, he was flamed for having the temerity to read a blueprint and analyze what it would look like when built (not by you, dkjretired). It's true that nobody has seen the fully-Solsticized ships yet, but the before and after deck plans are available so anyone who is familiar with blueprints can make a pretty good prediction. My assumption was that the flamer lacks this skill.

I know that the Constellation was already solsticized. However, that was before the decision was made to add Aqua Class and Blu to the M Class ships. I was wondering if anyone knows if there are further plans to add Aqua Class and Blu to the Connie during a future dry dock? Thanks for the info.

Regards,

Dean

Unfortunately, I believe the Connie is scheduled for the latest (Solsticizing II) in April, 2013. That is a year after the final re-furb of the Millie....hopefully they are awaiting feedback???

I hope not too!! But the reality is that Celebrity is committed to AQ class and absent some strong rational for not doing so, Connie will be refurbished to include AQ cabins.

We are sailing on Connie next spring specifically because of the longer walking deck along with the view you get on upper decks. I love just walking around up there, playing shuffle board and just enjoying the aft view from the jogging deck.

Archived