Flying in same day of cruise help!!!!

MrsDannyNew

Hello every one I am flying in the same day my cruise is schedules to leave... I live in Nassau.. my flight is suppose to leave at 8:30am arriving 9:30am through fort lauderdale on jet blue.. The cruise is leaving from the port of miami... Is this cutting it to close? I also need a little time to stop to walmart for a few last minute items... Im a nervous wreck right now!!:confused:

Also any suggestions on transportation to the port will greatly help thanks

Hello every one I am flying in the same day my cruise is schedules to leave... I live in Nassau.. my flight is suppose to leave at 8:30am arriving 9:30am through fort lauderdale on jet blue.. The cruise is leaving from the port of miami... Is this cutting it to close? I also need a little time to stop to walmart for a few last minute items... Im a nervous wreck right now!!:confused:

Get a limo/car with driver, about $100 for the 30 minute drive and you will have plenty of time.

You shouldn't have any problems.

It's about 45 mins. from FLL to POM.

We always use www.ridesas.com to get from FLL to Miami. It's possible to ask the driver to stop at a store. If everyone else in the van is okay with it, he'll probably stop somewhere for you.

Or you can take a cab, which is expensive. But you can go where you want.

Or you can rent a car at FLL and drop it somewhere in Miami. Usually the car rental agencies have a shuttle to the port.

Thank you KenMO..

Is it possible to book SAS for just my party that I am travelling with or they require for the bus to fill up before they leave?

SAS works well. The driver will make a stop upon request. At $15pp for a shared ride, they will usually fill the van with at least 8 people

Thank you SeaUs.. There is 6 in our party hopefully the other two wont mind us making a stop.. I am so nervous about the flight times and hopefully not being delayed I can barely think straight:(

The last time I used SAS we reserved in advance there were 5 of us and they took us by ourselves......they are very accommodating, so you should be fine with this timeline.

Embarkation usually starts around 11:30, so if there aren't any delays with your flight and getting your bags you should be arriving at POM just about the time the ship starts to board......

Have a great trip........

Thank you SeaUs.. There is 6 in our party hopefully the other two wont mind us making a stop.. I am so nervous about the flight times and hopefully not being delayed I can barely think straight:(

make sure you email SAS right away for both the trip to port and the return to the airport

I'm guessing you'll be just fine. The cruise terminal is just about 10 minutes from the airport by cab so even if you're a bit delayed you'll still be in good shape...

:)

I'm guessing you'll be just fine. The cruise terminal is just about 10 minutes from the airport by cab so even if you're a bit delayed you'll still be in good shape...

If I'm reading right Mach, they are flying into FLL but cruising out of POM which is closer to a 45 minute ride.........but if they get to FLL at 9:30 they are still plenty early to be amongst the first few hundred on the ship.....

I love cruising out of POM, but the cost of airfare for the foreseeable future is going to limit me to Galveston or NOLA...........

The POM terminal from the FLL airport is way farther than 10 minutes!

You have more than enough time. Don't fool with a limo and driver, just get a cab and save at least $50. You are going to be at the port before they even start boarding.

Mach

You must drive faster than i do, I sure can't make it from FLL to POM in 10 minutes.:p

Most cruisers come in the same morning as a cruise. Your time you are srriving is plenty of time.

Since you are arriving from a warm climate-- no worries about snow storms keeping you.

We are flying in the same day as the cruise-- in January-- there was no other way around it.

Our Arrival time is 12:30pm. (asking CC members to keep fingers crossed for me)

Most cruisers come in the same morning as a cruise. Your time you are srriving is plenty of time.

Since you are arriving from a warm climate-- no worries about snow storms keeping you.

Absolutely untrue. Snow storms can foul up air schedules in the whole country. The op needs a plane to get on and who knows where it is before Nassau

Not to freak you out, OP, but air travel being what it is, anything can foul up a good plan.

We were delayed at Trudeau Airport (Montreal) not because of snow, wind, or sleet - but because there was not enough ground crew working to handle the all the aircraft that day. We made our cruise, but only landed at MIA at 2:10 pm or so. There were 8 of us, and we reserved the Carnival shuttle transfer, so they knew we were running late. Too close for comfort!

Archived