When do I use my luggage tags?

josie724

Definitely after your flight has arrived and as you are before getting ready you board the ship. Putting them on your luggage for your flight can confuse things unless you are using HAL's flights and transfers;)

Put them on after you arrive in Fll. have a great cruise.:)

I second that--it is a better idea to put them on after arrival in FLL. Sometimes things can get a little hectic, so don't worry about it--you can always get tags when you check-in your luggage at the pier.

We fly in the day before a cruise and put our tags on our luggage the next morning when we're getting ready to go over to the cruise terminal. Some people, especially those who fly in the day of the cruise, put their tags on when they leave home with the idea that if the bag is late or delayed the airline would have some idea about where it needed to be. While I'm not sure that an airline would try to get a bag to the cruise terminal I suppose anything is possible so I'd say putting the tags on for same day flying and embarkation probably doesn't hurt. Years and years ago when we first started cruising we used HAL air, hotels, and transfers. Back in those days HAL actually had porters stationed in the luggage claim area who would pull bags with HAL tags for transfer either to the hotel if the day before or to the terminal the day of the cruise. I haven't seen that service for ten or more years.

I do the same as all of the above but have heard a theory that by putting the tags on before leaving home,the baggage would get priority from the airport handlers if there is excess baggage to be flown on a later flight.They figure that the cruisers would need their baggage quicker.

I do the same as all of the above but have heard a theory that by putting the tags on before leaving home,the baggage would get priority from the airport handlers if there is excess baggage to be flown on a later flight.They figure that the cruisers would need their baggage quicker.

And soon everyone will add fake cruise tags to get priority handling ;)

You've got nothing to lose by applying your tags before flying...the new ones do not have your home address on them. Airlines do pay attention and try to get your luggage to the ship before sailing. Some airlines will forward bags to the first port of call, but Southwest will not. Why not take every step possible to insure that your luggage will be with you?

David

Archived